main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, that's the problem I have. I don't really want to take advantage of my situation and write like 2000 words (which I could do in 160 minutes if my muscles decide to work even if I stopped to think) when the rest of the class is only able to get 1000 words out.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The secret is 14pt Arial font and double spaces. ;)

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. yes. Or when it comes to my outline - single spaced with size 10 font.

I'm rather evil to my profs - if I like them I'll double space my exams and if I don't, I 'forget to'.

4. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    So... last night I had a dream which featured Jagged Fel as Mr. Darcy. Which was weird, considering I've never read or watched Pride and Prejudice, only heard about it, so I don't really know much about Mr. Darcy. He didn't do much other than stand around being stiff and British and a bit arrogant, and couldn't seem to string any coherent sentences together, except when he argued with Jaina.

Still. The plot bunnies are quite insistently trying to bite me now...

Dantana Skywalker and LexiLupin like this.
  5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, Iverna, that's a J/J I would totally read!

Iverna likes this.
  6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Well, I looked it up, and it seems Jag's portrayal of Darcy was actually pretty spot-on. Well done, that man.

I'm honestly kind of tempted. I just can't figure out how I'd cast the other characters. And damn it, the last thing I need is to start another story!

7. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    I wish the snow plow realized I live on a TWO lane street, not one... [face_waiting]. It's in the 40s, so at least it's melting a bit :).

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    We live on a dead-end street, so the plow only does one stripe up the middle and then backs out. :rolleyes:

I'm up to #481 on the Amazon.com best seller list. [face_dancing]

9. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    Wow [face_laugh], I live on a dead end, too. The only good thing about our street to them is that they can pile up all the snow at the bottom end of the street. The kids like to grab a sled and go down it. I remember once the ground froze, so we had a mini rink encircled by snow. Winter wonderland[face_love]

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    They can't do that on our street, it ends in a driveway with a fire hydrant right next to it.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Did they do the arthroscopic surgery? Or did you get the big scar?

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Briannakin, when I was in high school, I got an accommodation like that because I typed 60 wpm and wrote 10 wpm. Now I'm up to a 75/15 ratio, but when I got that kind of leeway, I just ran with it and then would edit at the end when I was done thinking. I remember my US History teacher told me that I could take as long as I wanted in one calendar day to finish my essay exam on the Battle of Breed's Hill. It was 14 pages long and had diagrams.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Back in high school I got as much time as I needed for normal exams and a full 24 hours for ministry exams. Now that I'm in university I get double time plus, which means that I get double time, but if I need a bit more, no one is going to throw a hissy fit. Sometimes I run with it, but after like five hours in front of a screen describing the Canadian Government or Plotinus' theory of "the One", a person goes a bit crazy, and if I'm going to get a similar grade whether I type 1000 words or 3000 words, whats the point of going crazy?

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Laproscopic. But I've got four incisions, all about 3/4" long.

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I always get the term wrong for that operation. That is good. I got the same thing. You will feel better very soon...unless you catch pneumonia or bronchitis and cough and shiver all the time. :( But seriously, my two sisters got their gall bladders out prior to laproscopic surgery and they have a huge scar around 5 inches long on their torso and they said it took weeks to move around normally. So it is so good you could get the laproscopic surgery.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    . . . I just got out of the hospital because I did get pneumonia and nearly died.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I know, that is why there was a sad face afterwards. I wanted to sound upbeat about the operation, but I know you've had complications. I'm sorry, the way I wrote that probably didn't come out right. I meant to say, it is normally a easily recoverable operation if you don't have a run of bad luck like you have lately.

I hope you feel better soon.

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I definitely feel like 2013 hasn't been my year. :p I got the flu and pneumonia vaccines while in the hospital so I hopefully won't get either for the rest of the season. A bit like closing the barn door, etc, but worth a shot. Pun intended.

Other than an insane craving for a brownie that I can't do anything about, I'm doing pretty good, though!

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Good. I'm glad you are doing better.

I have been having back pains that feel just like my gall bladder attack, but I don't have a gall bladder...so now I am thinking...is it kidney stones?

ACK! I hope not. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a pulled back muscle.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, man, I hope it's not a kidney stone! My dad has one, it's about 1/2", and he can't pass it, obviously, but it keeps trying.

21. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Just out of curiosity: Are they going to try Lithotripsy on him for that kidney stone? (Litho: stone. Tripsy: -tripsy word element [Gr.], crushing; used to designate a surgical procedure in which a structure is intentionally crushed... in this case, with sound waves.)

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had kidney stones. They're awful. The most horrible pain imaginable. My first one hurt so bad that I was throwing up and sent to the emergency room. Dehydrated with IVs in both arms, puking from the pain meds, puking from the pain, and the damn stone was about a quarter of an inch in size, give or take a few millimeters. I've passed more kidney stones since that horrible Wednesday. I do not wish it on anyone.

Easy way to tell, though, is the location of the pain. If it is flank pain that starts in your mid-back on one side and travels around your flank and down to the groin, it's most likely a kidney stone. If it's small, it will pass without a problem. It'll ache, but it will pass. Drink lots of water and get some cranberry juice to help it along. If it's causing lots and lots and lots of pain, and you're throwing up because of the pain, see a doctor.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, now I am just scared to death! I bought a lot of cranberry juice today. It is on the lower right side of my back but the pain is only going as far as my right side. It doesn't go down the front.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If the pain is tolerable, then it's nothing to really worry about. Just drink lots of water. Except for that first one, I passed the rest of mine at home. Well, one at a friend's house.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Passing a kidney stone at a friend's house...that must be fun for her/him with you screaming and throwing up. Did you get invited back? Jk. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.