main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Cape Girardeau Comic Con - April 21 - 22

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi! Leash and I are planning on being there when the doors open, which I believe will be at 9. I don't know the area at all, but I am willing to meet you where ever. If you want I can call you when we do get there, and we can find each other. I figure this place won't be all that big. LOL

The Carbondale FF members are wanting to meet up too, and I need to get a hold of the Paducah group as well. Haven't heard back from them yet...

Let me know if that works! I am looking forward to seeing you guys again. :D

2. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Can't wait to see you and Leash again, too! Holy cow, how long has it been?? Since Dragon Con? Surely not...yow...

3. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Are you two coming down for the Children's Hosp. thing Friday night?

And, yes it has been since D*C! But we will have so much fun Saturday and we can plot for this years D*C. LOL

4. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    The hospital thing would be fun, but Brandon has to work an opening shift (translation: he has to get up at 3:30 am) on Friday, so I think if we tried to fit that in, he would be a complete zombie in Cape. Looks like we'll see you Saturday morning. Keep us up to date with any goings on for Sat. night...

Oh yeah, my Visas Marr is done, did I tell you that?

5. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Were gonna be there all day on Saturday and Sunday I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. You can't miss us, we'll have vader and some Tk's and the rest of us will be enjoying the sw mini's tourney going on that afternoon. Let us know what you and the Carbondale ff is doing and maybe we'll join you guys. See you guys there! pv

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool! We will track you guys down. LOL I am sure we can find something to do!

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    OMG! I just realized they'll be having a SW:CCG tournament!

I haven't played that game in 5 years! I'm so going to have to put a deck back together...

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow, it has been so long since I played I am not sure I remember how... LOL

9. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    meaning you guys are bringing a vader and tks as well?, or meaning the locals

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am thinking they mean they will be dressed as Vader and some TKs. I know they have a strong 501st presence there...

See those of you there tomorrow! PV, I will find you in the crowd tomorrow. LOL

11. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    We had an absolute BLAST today...the turnout was HUGE! many fanforcers showed up as well as 501st. It was a pleasure yo hang with Christina, she's awesome. I have a ton of pics to post, but im waiting on the rest of my garrison guys to send them to me :p

The Kentucky people rocked too, very cool.

we need to do this more often....

my vader is in my tote waiting for Kansas City, and if i dont look at it until then...it wont break my heart, im SOOOO Sore.

anywho, pics to follow soon.

ps, Christina....
    yes i know its 9:00 and we left about 8, my santa fe doesnt have hyperdrive, lol, i have a sprint card for my laptop, were going through pevely now, lol, so far i havent seen your car on 55, so it looks like your doing ok :p if i jinxed your car and pick you up, ill make sure to edit the post

mtfbwy
    ~Ryan

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    LOL, Ryan! I was wondering! I just got in. I feel like something cat drug in. :D

We did have a blast. It was so cool and so much fun to hang out with everybody. Next time we need to drag more of the group with us. :D

13. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    It was a total pleasure to meet you folks and I have to say, I haven't laughed and had that much fun with fans since C-III.

The SIJO group and I look forward to getting together with Christina and the rest of your gang again soon. The 70th was terrific and our barbeque hosts were truly gracious.

I have to say that the next time I see pretzels on an airliner, I am going to bust out laughing and wonder aloud if they really do taste like.... well, let me just say that the logic behind that statement requires one to ask a question that the recipient IS NOT going to want to answer.

I have a new slogan for the rest of the year thanks to our Vader Pal.

One that will undoubtedly get me slapped by my wife every time I say it.

But it's just absolutely too funny now to let go.

And yes - the time stamp on this post is accurate. I just walked in the door about 20 minutes before the posting.

Well worth the lack of sleep. 'Til next time we meet and make the circle complete.

14. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am so sorry I missed this, sounds like you all had fun. I had some family drama going on, I won't bore you with the details. LOL!

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Sounds like the fun was had before I got there. Shame the only thing that really interested me was the SW:CCG gaming.

I was surprised that I managed to win a game after not having paid any attention to how the game's developed in 5 years. It felt great to play again.

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yeah Jon, you got there at the tail end of the end of our day. We had been running around since 9 and I think we were all hot, tired and ready to relax by then.

I am glad you won though! That is awesome. There was some big action with the Mini's earlier in the day. Lots of people playing that.

And thanks LordINVAR for not finishing that sentence. LOL

17. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    The schedule needs to have stuff on it that I'd actually go to. If there was other stuff going on, then someone should have told me and I'd have arrived sooner.

My lady friend was quite excited about the stormtroopers though.

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I didn't have access to a schedule till I got there. I didn't even know about the game you attended was happening till you told me. I wish their site had been better. That would be a good thing to mention to Ken... and I will. :D

And I guess, my main thing was going to meet everyone else. Wasn't to worried about what was planned. Heck, I didn't even go around check out the dealers... which made my husband a very happy man. :p

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I walked around and looked at the dealers. It was all pretty much comic stuff. There was one table with some ancient Star Wars toys at the typical inflated prices.

About the only thing that interested me was a game at one dealer with an amusing title: "Monkies in Space" or something like that.

20. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    hey all, wow, im sorry i missed this, sounds like it was a blast. i was obligated to be at site, (evil construction, :p) anyways, hope to meet you at the next meeting.

21. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I had a blast! I have pics, too. It was so much fun. Hopefully we can all get togather and do something like that again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.