main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Carrie Fisher will be on a Late Show tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Tibanna Gas Mine, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    It says she'll be on the Late Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson tonight. Should start east coast time 12:30(am). It would be cool if she talked about her unexpected meeting with GL and MH last summer (or whenever it was). And not that I expect her to even know any more details on this whole thing (VII) it will still be interesting what she says, assuming she even addresses anything. Plus I'm sure people (like me) will be interested to see what she looks/sounds like now as opposed to google images. BTW if I missed a thread about this already made, then, well, woops.

LawJedi likes this.
  2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow. What is she there to promote?

3. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Let us know how she looks so we can evaluate if she would be good enough to be in the new movie.

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    What else would she talk about?

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Why do her looks matter?

yodasbum and Jedi Daniel like this.
  6. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I'm kinda sick of all this talk about their looks. It's been almost 30 years.
    As if only young beautiful people should be in movies right?

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    You sound like that dude in Fame who made Coco take off her top. [face_worried]

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  8. Tibanna Gas Mine

Nov 2, 2012
    UPDATE***
    During Letterman, the promo for Craig Ferguson showed Matthew Perry there. I went on his site and it had this: "Wednesday on the Late Late Show, there has been a last-minute substitution and we’ll see actor Matthew Perry in place of actress Carrie Fisher, who will return at a later date"
    So that's stupid. Might as well delete the thread...

9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
  10. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    She's in her late fifties, of course she doesn't look like she did when she was younger, big freaking deal, she looks great as she is, I'll be happy to see her play an older-wiser Leia in the ST.

11. Tibanna Gas Mine

Nov 2, 2012
    Do I delete this thread somehow or is that a mod persons job?

12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Tibanna Gas Mine we can't delete but locks are possible.
    And you can always change the title and we can speculate about her future appearance.

13. Tibanna Gas Mine

Nov 2, 2012
    Alright sure. I'm stupid though and can't find where to edit the name, haha. Sry

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    You can ask a mod for help or you can ask them to lock this thread.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Did Lucas have her kidnapped and silenced before she could spill the poodoo on SW7?

Tibanna Gas Mine likes this.
  16. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  17. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Saw her at the lastest celebration, she has lost 60 pounds. Looks really good compared to how she looked.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    How else is a guy to judge her?

19. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I hope she's heavy, I hope she looks her age. She's still beautiful to me.

yodasbum likes this.
  20. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
  21. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Guys even if she looks "bad" here it's before she is even trying to get the role. She has to go through a process to get the role And every actor and actress goes through a process later on to play the role. Make up and effects. Even young actresses wear a face of make up while filming. What's the big deal anyways? The Star trek cast was near the same age when they made a come back... Shatner might of been the same age. He's 80 years old now that was twenty years ago?
    [​IMG]

Does Star Trek Generations ring a bell for anyone?

22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Carrie Fisher had issues regarding her weight as early as the original film (according to her own testimony, she worried that it would come back to haunt her during the rope-swinging scene), and seeing as how it's been a motif ever since, it's a valid question. In fact, it's a valid question for ALL of the Big Three, but for now we'll just address Fisher.

Leia has always been fit-looking, even if the actress playing her hasn't always been so, so it's appropriate for us to expect some continuity there; no one's asking her to throw on the slave-bikini again, or to be made to look exactly as she did thirty years ago, so much as just to make sure she looks relatively consistent over the decades, rather than having her appear in Episode VI at her slimmest and then jumping to Episode VII and having her appear, well, let's just say NOT at her slimmest. But it is easily fixed: she's already lost a significant amount of weight over the last year or so in connection with her Weight Watchers commercials; if she is indeed invited back for VII, a personal trainer can see to the rest by designing a regimen and diet specifically for the goal in mind. Also, the costumes could be subtly designed to slim her visually even further. Weight is not going to be an issue with these actors when the time comes.

23. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Carrie didn't have a problem with her weight on Star Wars. There was some suggestion that the production team questioned her weight and Carrie has mentioned how her naturally round face looked next to the buns. If they want Carrie, Mark adn Harrison on the new films and they agree then the only way they wont be their is if they don't get insurance and I can't see that as a problem.

24. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought he had to loose weight to be in the metal bikini in ROTJ?

25. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Hollywood can be cruel that way I guess.

I am proud of Carrie. She has been through a lot over the years with her alcohol and drug abuse. She seems to be in good spirits these days.

People thinking Leia in the new film will be the only female lead need to think again. For sure, a young female lead will be cast.