main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CASTING CALL - The Logan Chronicles: Part One

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by CeeWulf, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Howdy all. Just wanted to put this post in place to find some talents to help me bring my audio drama to life.

I have written two parts of this series already a fan fiction. Part one - The Lost Patrol - can be found on my site - Star Wars: Myth & Magic - and also in TheForce.net's fan fiction section - click here to read it.

I've become a fan of the audio dramas that I've been listening to lately, and thought it would be fun to do audio versions of the stories I had written.

As such, I'm turning the "Logan Chronicles" into audio dramas. I've launched the new section of my website, and am looking for some people to provide voices for specific roles.

At present, I'm casting for Part One - The Lost Patrol. This is a very short piece, for which I am providing most of the voices. However, there are two roles which I need to cast:

Old Man: This is a brief part, with only one line. He is a man in his 80s, who lives alone on a moisture farm on Tatooine.

Symon: A muscular, two-meter tall dark-skinned male in his 40s. I'm looking for someone with a strong voice who could reflect this gentle giant's strength, which is very intimidating.

AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Record your audition in as quiet an environment as possible. Then save the file as either a .wav, .aif or .mp3 (mp3 is preferable, as the size is easier on the e-mail, but other formats are acceptable). Ultimately, the quality of your recording is equally as important as your voice. But, this is not an absolute.

2. At present, we are casting for only two roles. However, the role of Symon will be reprised in the sequel.

3. Please send all auditions to starwars@sheridanrealm.com. If I like your audition, you will receive a follow-up e-mail regarding your submission. In the e-mail, please include your name, your location, and why you want to have your voice be a part of this production.

4. All those selected to participate in this audio drama will be asked to register at our website, Star Wars: Myth & Magic.

Please check back at our website for updates and information on the casting process and production.

Audition

Here is the dialogue for your audition for "OLD MAN":

Old Man: I told them I don't know anything. Please, leave me my--

A blaster shot cuts off the man's pleas.

Here is the dialogue for your audition for "SYMON":

Symon grabs hold of the man's neck in a flash.

Symon: [in an angry growl] I'll crush your vertebrae if you try that again.
    Man: No offense meant, sir.
    Symon: Right.
    Woman: Help him into the speeder, Symon.
    Symon: Think again, ma'am.
    Woman: We can't leave him out here.
    Symon: I can.
    Woman: Symon.
    Symon: [with a reluctant grunt] [to Man] Come on.

That's all. Look forward to listening to your auditions.

2. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi,

I'd be intersted.

If you want to hear examples of my voice, listen to 2S, Resurrection, Doubtcast, Rise of Nobility, Tatoonie TV. amongest others.

For a full listing have a look at my profile page on starwarsfanworks.com

If you still want me to record lines, let me know, email me at audio@sokar.org.uk

Michael Smith

3. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Okay, I goofed, there was a third part I needed to cast for.

NARRATOR

I'm looking for a strong, dignified voice for this part. Here is the Audition audio:

Narrator: The Empire rules the galaxy with a closed fist. Citizens live in fear, as a rebellion stirs to fight the tyranny. One a distant, desolate planet known as Tatooine, life is a bitter struggle for survival. The playground for vast criminal enterprises and practitioners in illegal trade.

Thanks.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I can do that if you like, but I bet people would recognize it after so many other narrations I've done.

Casting call is listed on Fanworks now, btw, as is a news byte.

5. scribe88

scribe88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    You should look up Rise of Nobility and listen to Shawn Johnston. He was a great narrator for us.

Good luck with your project!

6. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Thanks for that Nathan, it's helped.

7. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Well, casting is moving forward. The role of Symon has been cast, along with the Narrator.

The only open role is that of the Old Man. This role consists of one line, so if anyone can sound like an old man, or happens to be one, here's you're chance to flex your vocal muscles.

8. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    All roles for the first episode of the Logan Chronicles audio dramas have been cast!

For the listing, go here!

9. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Here's the lowdown.

I've gotten some of the voice work complete. Just waiting to work on the Narrator role - which I've been doing some tinkering with, but I think I've comfortable with it now.

The opening sequence of the drama has been completed. Just working on fine-tuning a few of the effects, but am ready to leave it alone. Of course, I've got a difficult part coming up, as the rest of the tale is pretty much a battle. I'm hoping to have that done by the end of this week.

That's about it. Sorry for the delays, but things are coming along. I'm hoping to have it all done by or before Christmas. New Year's at the latest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.