main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA CELEBRATION III April 21-24, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Advice re: videotaping. Plant friends in the audience with good digital still cameras with the video function enabled and on maximum resolution (plus a good large video card). A friend of ours took video of us (using his digital camera) performing at a LOTR convention a while back and kindly gave me the footage on a CD. I took it assuming it'd have crappy resolution once I put it onto a DVD and stuck it onto the TV, and was stunned at how good it was.

Even my camera, which only has a 300 or so resolution for video footage, produces video that looks pretty good when seen on a TV with its slightly lower screen resolution.

And the best part is that since STILL photos are allowed, nobody is going to yell at people in the audience for pointing a normal digital camera at the stage. While you can try to smuggle a real video camera in, make sure that you also plant people with the digital cameras on movie mode, so that if your video camera is confiscated, you have a back-up plan.

Seriously. My performing group's biggest regret was trusting an event organizer who told us we couldn't video, but that we'd get footage from them--and then forgot to roll the cameras. We have no footage at all from that, and it's heartbreaking to us.

Oh, and make sure the digital cameras you have out there on movie mode record SOUND. :)

- Kai (throwing in her two cents learned from hard experience)

2. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    As to videotaping, I figured it would be the same.

However, for the big events, it was strictly enforced esp. with Fisher and Christiansen.

It will probably be the same for Lucas on Saturday.
    That is my guess he will show up since they extended ticket purchases. That was the day when he did the 10th Anniversary.

"...always the future in motion."

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, nobody panic! Lady Sami still going to C3, but very sadly. I had to have my cat put to sleep yesterday! She was 19 years old and had developed kidney failure. :(

Does Eva still need another roommate?

Is StarSmuggler still flying alone on Southwest?

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Awwww. So sorry to hear that, Anne. Hopefully, you'll feel just a little better next week.

Hugs,

Matt

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks, Matt! She was a very sweet cat!

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    There are still a few spots open to work an hour at the Pacific Fan Force Region table at C3. They could use a couple more from SF. I'm working Thursday, 6-7 pm. Sign up here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17826457/p2

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    [:D] Anne. I know how hard it must be. One of my pets died this past weekend and I have a 16 year-old cat at home...

On the happy side of life: yay for C3!!! I am so excited for you all, even if I'm not going.

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks!

She's buried in the backyard in the shade of the orange tree.

I'll get over it, eventually.

I signed up for two spots on the Pacific Fan Force table, btw.

See ya all Saturday!

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey Dale, have they updated the C3 schedule of events to a PDF file yet?

10. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Dev,
    No word yet of a pdf version of the C-3 schedule...but here is a link regarding George Lucas' appearances on Sat the 23rd:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/04/news20050413.html

And those of you may or may not know here is a Jedi costume auction that should be of interest to us...and our youngest member:

"Jedi Costume Raffle at Celebration III

Posted By Britany on April 12, 2005 (on TF.N)

Cor-al Gelkar, a member of the Jedi Council of The Jedi Assembly sends in info on an event they'll be holding at their fan table at Celebration 3.

We will be raffling off a full Jedi costume with all proceeds being split between three charities:

Kisses for Katie - Albin (founder of the 501st) Johnson's daughter who has inoperable cancer
    Chanel Vanecek Fund - Chanel was a member here at TJA and at the Rebel Legion and passed away last year
    The Wegener's Granulomatis Assn. (www.wgassociation.org) - a rare autoimmune disease which affects one of the members/spouse of our group

The costume to be raffled off includes the following:

Robe - Ki Adi Mundi style-sleeveless with an eliptical hem-sewn from linen/cotton blend in a dark brown
    Outer tunic, sash, and tabbards - Sewn from natural raw silk - unhemmed/made large to allow for alterations
    Undertunic
    Lightsaber Hilt - Custom made by TJA member Jaiven -
    Leather Belt
    One canon leather pouch
    4 Food Capsules
    Alterations are included

Raffle tickets to win this costume will be on sale at the Jedi Assembly Fan Table. Tickets will be $1 each, or 6 for $5. The winner need not be present to win. Winner will be pulled at noon on Sunday of CIII - Mary Franklin has agreed to pull the winner....barring any unforseen change in plans.

Please be sure to stop by our fan table and support these wonderful charities. "

11. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Aww, Anne, I;m so sorry to hear you lost your fur-baby :( I had to put my 13 year old golden retriever down just after Christmas... so I sympathize greatly. :( Glad to hear you're still going, and I'm sure it will be just what the doctor ordered (as well as what your kitty would want ;) ) to find some smiles again and have some fun :)

12. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    George Lucas's appearence schedule is for Satureday morning. For those of us in the 501st, it does appear that it will conflict with our photo shoot. Full Article Of course times may change for either Lucas or the 501st.

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Adyn,

Thanks for the kind words! It's getting better.

Sorry to hear about your doggie! :(

That costume raffle sounds great! I'll buy some tickets! Was going to use the RoboCop line "I'll buy that for a dollar!" ;)

Who all will be on the USAir 11:10 flight from SFO on Tuesday?

EDIT: I just called the shuttle service to SFO and they charge $55 one way! So, if Eva isn't driving her van, I'll be taking BART all the way to the airport! Which means: pack light! :D

14. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    This just in...here is a forecast for Indy from next Tuesday on. I know anything can change, but look what it says regarding Wednesday, as far as flights are concerned. An umbrella anyone?:

http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USIN0305?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=forecast

6-10 Day Forecast for
    Indianapolis On The Spot Weather

Tuesday - April 19
    Partly Cloudy
    High 74°F
    Low 53°F

Precip. 20 %

Wed. - April 20
    Scattered T-Storms
    High 65°F
    Low 45°F
    Check for flight delays
    Precip. 60 %

Thurs - April 21
    Few Showers
    High 61°F
    Low 44°F
    Precip. 30 %

Fri - April 22
    Partly Cloudy
    High 59°F
    Low 42°F
    Precip. 10 %

Sat - April 23
    Partly Cloudy
    High 63°F
    Low 41°F
    Precip. 10 %

++Last Updated Apr 14 05:35 p.m. ET

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Unless it comes down in buckets a little rain won't kill ya. It might smeg up a nice costume though. The forecasts that I've seen have been calling for 30% chance of thunderstorms which would be really cool, actually. I'd more more concerned with the projected 35 degree temperature for Friday night.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The 501st photo shoot is rescheduled for 8 am on Sunday. As for the 11:10 flight, Anne, Eva, Angelica, Dale and myself are on that flight. Hope the weather holds up. I don't want to re-experience the downpours of Celebration I!

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Just checked the whether. There us a 30% chance of thunderstorms for Wednsday. I'm flying out on Frontier from SFO at about 6:30 AM on Wednesday.

18. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    OK everyone, I have some totally, utterly stoopid "newbie" questions about C3.

As a non-morning-person, I have to ask this one. From the schedule that has been posted, it looks like nothing at C3 starts before 9 am for the Fan Club members, 10 for the "regular" people. So why do y'all always talk about getting in line at 5 a.m.? (shudder) Is that just if you want to buy the limited edition action figures (like the Jorge Sacul figure), etc.?

And what's this I hear about people having to wait in line to get in the door??? Is that just if you wanted to be first through the door, and you got in line at 6 a.m. or something? Or does it mean that if I go to C3 promptly at 10 am (when it opens for non-Fan Club members) I will end up waiting in a long line for hours?

As you can see, I am not a Fan Club/Hyperspace member :( Anyone else?? Or am I the only cheap SFFF member :) ?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can provide this previously Celebration-deprived SW fan! ;)

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmm, I'm not an 'official' Star Wars fan club member, either. Or Hyperspace, for that matter. Too cheep!

20. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    The thing that flags the lightsabers for the screeners is the connected battery. Take the battery out, and make sure you have a label on the outside letting them know there is a costuming prop inside.

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I really don't think you have to worry about lightsabers. Blasters and thermal detonators on the other hand...

22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, while we're on the subject of stuff that flags the airport security people--no cigarette lighters! For those few of you who might smoke. :)

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    thanks to Lady Sami and JedHead1 for signing up for some booth duty at the pacific region booth.. there's only 3 shifts left -- any other takers!

http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17826457/p2/?40

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I was at the Sac International airport today, picking up a VIP and I brought my MR Anakin Skywalker Light Saber and asked how I should travel with it. They said I couldn't take it on board with me, that I should pack it in something and have it travel in the bellie of the plane, in other words put it with the rest of my luggage. So, I am going to buy a tube and packing pop corn and load my Light Saber into it and fly with it that way, unless someone else has a better idea?

BTW - is anyone going to fly in costume??? ;)

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Hence I have a hard rifle case for my various sabers.

As far as costumes...I would love to board the plane as either a TIE or Rebel pilot and head towards the cockpit. But I won't have those costumes ready in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.