main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    So, how big a group is it lookin' like we're gonna have?

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    from our chapter it looks like Me, Adam, Barry, Valerie, Neil, Brad and Erin.

3. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Well, folks its time to start getting ready the official site just announced registration and hotel reservations start up on Monday. It is ona free section of the site, so everyone interested in going, go check out the news and May the Force be With You.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Well gang, I've just registered and I've just reserved a room with the Star Wars Housing Authority at the Best Western. It comes out to 120 a night but split between four or more, if others decide at the last minute it comes out to $30 per person. My brother has a room at the same hotel reserved, for his chapter. If you have any questions just drop me a line.

5. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I take it the Best Western is connected to the convention center? Or really really close?

I will be there to take advantage of yuor offer and chip in $$$, but I wont be there all 4 days, only sat and sun. (Or Fri and Sat, still working that out).

6. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Awesome dude. I am so there!!!

7. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey guys, I've still got those rooms at the Embassy. Are we going to all pitch in together or do this seperately? I'd love to be all together. One it's cheaper, and two it's more fun!

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yeah, pitching together is what I had in mind. Russell reserved one room at the Best Western at the same time I did so we should be pretty close together. From the other prices I saw $120 a night split four or more ways sounds like a good deal. I guess one room will be the IF room and the other the Boise room. If anyone thinks we need more they should go ahead and register and see what's left over there. They have the credit card info for Russell for one room and mine for the other, so when it comes time to pay get the money to one of us depending on which room you are in. It turned out this was the cheapest and closest option they had for those interested in going four or more to a room. Heck, I'd sleep in a bathtub just to be there. Some may want to bring sleeping bags and stuff like that.
    I doubt there will be much sleep at this thing, according to the schedule things will go until midnight on some of those days.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do;jsessionid=115F24376444B069316C6831B5862F11?propertyCode=15082
    This link should take you to a picture of the hotel. You can see the convention center in the background of the picture to illustrate how close it is. It may not be as close as some places but it is cheaper. The way I see it is since this hotel is a member of the star wars housing authority this joint will be a hive of fan frenzy.

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and cancel the other reservations. The hotel is slightly closer, but if this one is only $120 a night, that's way better. Well, I won't be purchasing my pass or plane tickets until after November. Got to save up more first. There isn't a deadline is there? It's really convienent how they spring everything on SW fans at once. The DVD's, SWBF, CIII, ahhhhh!!!! Anyway, sounds good. This is going to be great fun for all of us. I'm glad we've all kept ahead on this and that it's basically already planned. That is going to be a load off come April.

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, just a heads up. I haven't cancelled those reservations yet so if we still need them, they're still avaiable. Has anyone purchased their admission badges yet? I'm planning on getting mine in two-four weeks. I can't believe our first glimpse of ROTS is in just two days! WHOA!

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i started a thread in the pacific region board: http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17490058/?0 about fanforce chapters that are going to Celebration III and the possibility to have a fan club table there to represent the Pacific Region fan force chapters...

please post your thoughts.

james (san diego)

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i posted this on the thread for the potential Pacific Region FF fan table at Celebration III:

the deadline for fan tables is the 9th of December, and i need the following from participating clubs: a contact name with contact info, and 2 references (with contact info).

if i don't hear anything by the 7th, then the table is a no-go!
    http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17490058/

james

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    We wont need a table, for who are we going to recruit from 8 states away? ;)

15. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    well, you figure that if people like yourselves are crazy enough to go 8 states for a convention, maybe people in your neck of the woods who like SW might also be crazy enough to go C3, but just don't know about fanforce.

also, since the pacific region would be sharing a table for all their assorted clubs, it wouldn't be too much work for a chapter on its own.

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Lucasfilm has announced the fan club tables for Celebration III and the Pacific Region of Fan Force made the list:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/12/news20041220.html

There is still a chance for more clubs to get involved and gain exposure.

Please come here to find out what still needs to be done as we get closer to C3:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17490058

17. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I can help out with the both and I'll check with some others too!

18. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey, if your fanforce is doing a booth, could the NBO just incorporate some stuff with you guys??? This would make sense considering we're all rooming together. Thanks.

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Just purchased my admission badge....YES! What's everyones status in your neck of the woods???

20. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    It looks like we have about 4 over here right now now. Me, Adam, Barry and Valerie. I think those are pretty well set in stone at this point. I need to let the others on the FanForce boards who are staying at the Best Western know.
    So are you guys up for White Castle when we get there?

21. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Eric, is our hotel locked in stone and good to go? Nothing can go wrong?

22. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yep, the hotel is good to go. Booked it through the Star Wars Housing Authority and still have my reservation information. I'll double check again, I was meaning to ask Best Western if our room and the Boise room can be adjacent.

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Are they? Because I still have those rooms at the Embassy Suites...yeah, the ones I said I'd cancel like two months ago and still haven't! Well, it's good to know you've got some "in stone" committed people over there. So far, it looks like four people per room. That sounds descent to me...but I'm sure as we get closer to the event, more people may be trying to squeeze in. Our club is booking their flights on Saturday this week. At least the "in stone" people are. So like three or four of us. Found some good deals on Orbitz.

24. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    That is cool you still have that other room reserved as well. All I really care about is that we feel each room we have reserved. We have had some bail but heard form a friend in LA who might meet us there ad told himhe could stay with us too. So I think it wil all work out.

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So here is who is FOR SURE going from our end:
    Me
    Russ
    Ron
    Adam
    Cody (he will probably be in a different hotel)

So I think it will work fine also. I mean, we simply take turns between the bed and the floor and we're on a roll...I'm getting excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.