main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Charities

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jackboot, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I would like to propose that we support the ALS foundation.
    My soon to be mother in law has ALS so it kind of hits home for me. I already have some contact information on them.
    I would also like to propose a bake sale at the Oakdale mall some time soon with all kinds of imperial and rebel Christmas cookies and cakes (princess Leia cinnamon buns etc). A bake sale is not original but considering the season I think it is appropriate. This may be short notice but I would like to do this before the end of the year and preferably before Christmas. Mid December would be nice.
    What do you think?

2. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I'm up for it. I can bake some wookie cookies.

KJ

3. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    [face_blush] I don' t think I'll have time to bake anything, but I will be there when it's set up....Oo what about also doing something for Project Paw too???

4. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I think it's a great idea, and I'm in too. Just talked with the wife and she's willing to do some baking and I could recruit some members from my church as well. We may want to get on top of this soon, however. The mall fills up with events pretty quick between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would love to help with this if its ok, keep me posted on dates I will bake away :)

6. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I found out that the Oakdale mall does not (emphatically does not!) allow bake sales. We need to submit a written request and fax it to them to have an informational table. That would be fine but I was thinking about a raffle instead. We could raffle things we made or things we bought. I don?t know which would be better. I have a couple of lightsabers or jedi tunics I could donate.
    What do you think? I am looking for suggestions.

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    any more news on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.