main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Chrismas parade

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by xwing25, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    the Chrismas parade is on the Sat. Dec.7th at night so plan on being there as the last one was a blast ,we will be using the same float but with modifications (lights and smoke and mabe some more wood) we will all be wearing santa hats in costume or not so post if you are coming and if you plan on dressing up

2. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    COOL!! I've always wanted to be a Maul Santa!!

There's nothing like a float full of bounty hunters and Sith Lords blasting the Imperial March during a Christmas parade!! Hell yea!!!

(I know, I know, I'm already going to hell, might as well enjoy the ride!)

Count us in x

3. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I'll probably be there as always...

-Austin
    BH/TK/TD-1116

4. forcewhispers

forcewhispers Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    I believe I can come.

5. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Which Christmas Parade is this? I'll definitely try to make this one...here's hoping.

6. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Greetings from Tulsa. I hope you guys who came up for the IMAX liked the show. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of float do you have for the parade?

7. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    we made a star detroyer float ,you can check out the pics here- pics

8. SarNtheJedi

SarNtheJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Could we please have some more information about the parade? Where is it, etc.? We would LOVE to be a part of it, but I have no idea what we would be committing to at this point. :)

I see that someone else has asked about it too...

Sarah

9. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    i will have more info after i talk to darthwalls about it as i just found out the date i will try and have more info up tonight or tomarrow

10. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Okay! Okay! Okay! Here is the info! Sorry for the delay but I finally got ahold of someone to talk to. The parade is on Sat. Dec. 7. You need to be there by 6:00 p.m. Thats right at night! It will start downtown at the OKC City Hall and go to Bricktown. After the parade we could get together for dinner at Bricktown and invade them in costume! :) I'll keep you posted!

11. etswelljedi

etswelljedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2002
    Sounds like lots of fun, a bricktown parade, has to be big. I will be there.
    Evan

12. OKCJJ

OKCJJ Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2002
    We hope to be able to come to the parade.

For some reason, Katie thinks it will be cold and she doesn't want to be Padme` and cold on the float.

Grant is all for it.

I picked up some of the Star Wars Sticker sets that Target had in their Halloween stuff on final 90% off clearance and these can be used to throw at the parade (they are in small boxes).

Just keep us informed.

Thanks, loved the float!

Julie

13. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    we are waiting for the parade committee to ok us for the parade but we are still planning on us being in it so if you could please sign up on this message so we know who is coming as we are going to make reservations at a place in bricktown for after the parade and would like to know a roundabout total of people that are coming

14. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    Me and my little pilot will be there.

If you have any info though, such as timetables and more importantly where to meet (exact directions) that would be very much appreciated.

Info so far: Dec. 7 in downtown OKC, be there (?) by 6:00pm. This is next week! Let's try to get on the ball on this. Let me know if there is anything I can do or call to harass!

Happy Turkey Day to everyone!!

15. ASkywlkr

ASkywlkr Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    If anybody has a copy of the Star Wars Christmas Album, post here so we can get a copy of it for the parade. Just let us know. BTW, the Big 12 football championship is that night so....I may not be able to make it and....it might be difficult to get a reservation somewhere for dinner. Just a thought.

Brian

16. forcewhispers

forcewhispers Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I can come

17. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Ok Gang, BAD NEWS! We are not going to be in the parade due to an overflow of enteries. We are still keeping the float so if you hear of a parade somewhere let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.