main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MexChewie, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Disney to make 'The Chronicles of Narnia'

azcentral.com
    March 3, 2004
    LOS ANGELES - Fresh off the Academy Awards success of "The Lord of the Rings," another fantasy epic is making its way from the page to the screen.
    Walt Disney Studios and Walden Media announced Monday they are co-financing "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," adapted from the second installment of C.S. Lewis' seven-book fantasy series.
    Directed by Andrew Adamson ("Shrek," "Shrek 2"), the live-action "Narnia" adaptation is scheduled for release around Christmas 2005. Future films in the series could follow.
    "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" follows the adventures of four children transported to a magical land called Narnia.
    " 'The Chronicles of Narnia' were an important part of my childhood just as they are to millions of fans around the world," Adamson said. "I hope to bring to the screen a movie that is as real to the audience as Narnia was to me as a child."

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Very Kewl! :cool:

3. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    The movie industry cracks me up. They see that someone took a huge risk making a KILLER movie, which then goes to clean house at the Oscars... then decide to make 50 more movies in the same genre/style hoping to cash in on its success. Really sad.

Don't get me wrong, I think the movie will be cool. The timing just cracks me up.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    man i hope disney uses the same team that made the live action Country Bears movie, because that rocked...

;)

also, there's been talk of making the "His Dark Materials" trilogy (Philip Pullman's fantasy books about a girl named Lyra in an alternate universe Oxford) into movie form from New Line Cinema...

5. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    You know, the BBC already did a live action miniseries on the Chronicals of Narnia. I loved watching them as a kid. They are what got me started in the books. Anyone remember those?

6. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i think we once rented the BBC version of LWW, or some live action version... it wasn't that impressive from what i remember. what got me hooked on it was having to read LWW in 4th grade and Prince Caspian in 5th grade... got my parents to go out and get the whole set which i read and turned into extra book reports.

heh.. any opinions on how they should be numbered.. ie is LWW first because it was written first, or should Magician's Nephew be first because it takes place earlier... when they re-published them sometime in the past decade they switched from publication order to in-universe order.

7. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I saw the BBC versions of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Silver Chair, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and I believe one other...not exactly top material, but what can you expect.

/Aaron prays...GOD, let the strength of Peter Jackson be upon the creators, let them hold true to the story, and make us truly glad.

I believe they should release them as they were originally written...and by the looks of things, they're making their first right.

I've been waiting for a good live action version of The Chronicles for a long time...I guess I'm going to have to buy the series, its been far too long since I've read them.

8. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I've got the Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader on VHS, haha. I love those books! Those are some of my backups when I don't have anything else to read in the house and I'm desperate for something to escape into.

and yeah, the timing is fairly amusing, hah. hollywood never changes. :p

9. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    latest buzz is that Nicole Kidman might be doing the role of the White Witch...

10. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I was wondering how the news release could be so wrong. They actually renumbered the books after his death? That's so pathetic.

*crosses fingers that the movies will do well*

11. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, renumbering the books pissed me off too. I hang on to my originally-numbered box series like it's gold. I have it on the dresser. :D

12. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Oh... that was your set... Umm... Yeah...

Hrm - do you think I could find a replacem... er... another set on ebay???

hee hee hee!!

[face_devil] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.