main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland's 1st Meeting Announcement!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Just an update on the discussion about an official meeting for the new Cleveland Fanforce.

Saturday March 16th, at Southpark Mall (off I-71) in Strongsville. Meeting up at the foodcourt sometime around 4:00pm.

For more information, contact Krash here @ Force.net.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll bring the noise (Megadeth, Overkill maybe some Iron Maiden), anybody got funk?

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Mesa comin! :D

4. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    The food court at South Park is pretty big. Let's decide on a more exact location - and also - how are we to identify ourselves? Maybe a Star Wars hat or shirt?

5. DarthKlown2

DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Well Brian you know what I look like.....as for the others.....I dunno.

Patrick

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I can't go. My sister's hair appointment is at 2, and that is in Norwalk, which takes an hour to get there from the house.

If you guys want to have a meeting on the 23rd or the 30th, I can make those dates. :)

Just a thought... we could always try Summit Mall for one of the meetings, the food court is small. :D ;)

7. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    True about Scummit Mall...the food court IS small....and it looks like the bridge of the Enterprise from outside.

Patrick

8. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    There's a Summit Mall? Where?

And yes, I do know what DarthKlown2 looks like... *shudders*

hehehe... ;)

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    It's in Montrose on Rt. 18. If we do decide to meet there, I can give directions to anyone who needs them.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry you can't make it Jar Jar Jedi...catch you some other time.

Well, since I already posted a notice on the Fanforce Announcments about the 16th (had to in order to make it offical), we'll have to keep it. How's this for more specific: back of the foodcourt, by the windows. I'll have on my orange (can't miss it) "X-Wing Squadron" and a SW t-shirt. Brown leather jacket is another good indicator it's me.

11. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    If I do make it to the 16th - I'll be wearing a black hat with the TBX logo on it.

(http://www.jedi2016.com/TBXlogo.jpg)

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I will be wearing a Star Wars shirt with the shot of Qui-Gon and Obi-wan fighting Darth maul and I will have a black coat. Plus I'll be with Krash. :D

You know if their is a movie theater around we could see Ice Age and see the new trailer. :D (just a thought)

13. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Movie theater around South Park? Nope. Well, techincally there is a theater, but it's a hole in the wall place.

Closest/Nicest is at Ridge/I-480 or Cinemark in the Valley.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yeah, definatly keep Cinemark in mind for when AotC comes out. Can anyone say "Star Wars AotC Tailgating Party"?

15. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Me and a few friends (DarthKlown2 included ;)) will be hitting the Macedonia Cinemark. Why there? 24 grocery store across the street.
    Plus, we camped out there last time for tickets to TPM and the theater management did a great job of keeping everything nice, safe, and orderly. Even had a cop watching over everything the whole time (he didn't even need to get out of the car - but it was cool that he was there).

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Actually there's a movie theater complex an exit or two north of Southpark, on I-71. I saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (a movie no SW fan should miss) there, then went to Southpark to pick up my niece's new glasses.

17. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Ohh yeah! It's on Bagley about a mile or so west of I-71. I forgot about that one. That's a pretty nice theater, too.

18. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    I'll see if I can get out there on Saturday. I'm supposed tp be in University Heughts all day, but may be able to find someone to cover after 3:00 for me.

19. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah I'll be seeing it with you Brian :)

And I'll be bringing my lovely geek-in-training girlfriend, Rhonda with me as well. Are we camping out for tickets?

Patrick

20. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Heck yeah we're camping out for tickets! We'll probably get Anrev to join us, too.

21. DarthKlown2

Nov 17, 2000
    Excellent! Just let me know when so I can get the next day off from work (I already have the 16th and 17th off lol).

Patrick

22. TanWesell

TanWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    My vote's for Cinemark in Valley View.

Two words: Digital Projection

:)

23. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    That Cinemark is my favorite theater. Not only does it have digital projection, but it is also next to the Quaker Steak and Lube, my favorite restaurant!

24. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Im a fellow TBX member along with Grn. We'l do our best to make it.

As for AOTC....Macedonia. Yea it doesnt have digital projection, but its nice and far away from where I work...and when camping out for tickets...dont be anywhere near where you work.

25. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm sorry I can't make the meeting. I have a bowling tournament. I tried to start a Cleveland FanForce 3 months ago. Weird.AD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.