main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars cartoons discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Just a reminder... the first "Clone Wars" cartoon airs tonight at 7 p.m. Central Time on Cartoon Network (Channel 26 on Comcast). If you miss it, you should be able to download it after it airs. Episodes 1-10 will air over the course of the next two weeks, with Episodes 11-20 to air in Spring 2004.

Post your reactions here. A reminder -- it's not a spoiler if the episode has aired or is available for download. If you have some information about a not-yet-aired episode, please use the [ hl=black ] [ /hl ] tags out of consideration for the non-spoiler fans.

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Got my Tivo set & ready to record ALL of them. :D . If I can find somebody with an external recordable DVD-R, I would love to make a DVD of them when they are all finished as the Tivo has two USB ports to hook into a computer for digital recording.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Loved it--just needs to be longer!!!

And how cool is the new ship--the one that looks like a shuttle turned upside-down!?!

4. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    yep,i liked that new ship.it was cool how the wing swung back up under it after it took off.very cool
    i like anakins ship,the same paint scheme as the pod racer looked good.
    pretty neat but 3 minutes went by like 3 seconds.it will be cool when you can watch them all together.

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I missed it! Any chance for a re-air? Or I guess I could just download it....

6. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Unfortunately Shannon, the downloadable Clone War cartoon is a Hyperspace exclusive unless you have Kazaa or some other file sharing program. It is streaming so that you cannot even save the file and share it with anybody. I knew they were going to do that! This means that for the next few days it will be virtually impossible to download as their bandwidth gets tied up. Like I said before, if anybody has an external writeable DVD rom drive I could temporarily borrow, I will collate these onto one DVD when they are all finished. I will probably collate them onto VHS anyway, but its a lot better transfer going from digital to digital instead of digital to analog.

Overall the very brief cartoon was pretty cool. I also liked the Taun Taun like thing that Yoda was riding. BTW, I don't think the ship turned upside down, I thought the fins moved from the top to the bottom. I'm just waiting for Anakin to actually say something and not just standing there scouling.

Its cool that they showed Chancellor Palpatine "forcing" the Jedi's hand in recommending Anakin to head up the armies. It accomplishes three things:

1) Gives Anakin much needed battle commanding experience for when he ends up commanding Palpy's forces as Vader.

2) Puts Anakin in scenarios where he is not receiving instruction from Obi Wan or Yoda & may be more influenced by Palpy. He will surely put Anakin in situations where he may better embrace his dark side too.

3) Creates more enmity between Anakin & Obi Wan as Obi Wan is obviously against this move and will surely criticize Anakin the first chance he gets. We all know how well Anakin takes criticism of any kind.

7. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Nice work. I especially liked the part when the Clone Trooper pilot guestures to take off and the ground crew unplug the AGPU's and fuel lines, reminded of the scene in ANH. The sound effects are great, just like the movie.

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Wonder if Obi-Wan will be referred to as "General Kenobi" in upcoming chapters...

9. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm sure he will. They mentioned it in the trailer for the Clone Wars cartoon I believe.

10. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Well,. I missed it,..can't find it online, and looks like I will miss the 2nd one too.....

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    To find it online:

Go to CartoonNetwork.com and click on the "Clone Wars" image. A new screen should pop up, offering you a choice between the "Light" and "Dark" sides. Pick either one -- both give you access to view the chapters. Chapter One is the only one highlighted right now, but each chapter should be available 24 hours after it airs on TV. Click on the chapter you want to view, choose which format, and enjoy.

12. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Good detective work there Hama!

BTW, I hope we don't have that minute long intro of the kids opening for every chapter of the Clone Wars. That was annoying. OOOHH :eek: Pokemon the movie is next! Yippie! :p Picachoo! Picachoo!

Kazoontite :p

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Unfortunately, even if you have QuickTime 6.0 Pro, you can't download it from cartoonnetwork.com -- if you try, it just lets you save something called "chapter1.smil", which I assume is a streaming media access file of some kind (856 bytes). So much for making a copy for everyone at the Wing Ding today. :(

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I had to use Internet Explorer to get it to work even though I have all the plugins for QT with Netscape. (QT 6 PRO)

Overall, I give it a big "I don't like that animation style."

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I agree. The animation style leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not a fan of their style of animation at all. Its too simplistic. But, thats what we get, so I guess its better than nothing. I was personally hoping for the Batman animated style, but dreaming for the style of Final Fantasy. However, if they did it all CG animation it probably wouldn't have come out until later 2004 or early 2005.

16. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, I had to do a little searching and "download" homework, but I managed to find an embedded link to save this sucker. PM me for details. I'd rather not post that thing here, in case of legalities and such. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I happen to like the cartoony style. Nice break from the movies for me.

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    At least somebody likes it. You are the first person that I've heard of that like the animation style. :)

To me its like watching an animated coloring book; thick black outlines, no shadows, & hardly any shading or highlights unless its part of the story being told, wherein those few cases the lightsabers actually cast light on the characters like Anakin :eek:

BUT, as long as the story lines are half way decent, I'll overlook the simplicity of the animation. The story is what is the most important. The animation is just a means to an end. Unfortunately too many movies focus on special effects & explosions instead of telling the story.

18. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I thought the animation style was pretty cool too. I feel like it's simple but effective.

I think it'd be cool if they snuck in a cameo by Thall Joben and Jord Dusat. How cool would that be? And does anybody else remember those names?

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    At least somebody likes it. You are the first person that I've heard of that like the animation style.

Well, from Tambo and skip1's reactions, I would have conceded that they liked it as well. ?[face_plain]

Seems to me like some of us here are in Star Wars bashing mode. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy a cartoon like you did when you were little! :D

20. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, to use a wrestling term, I totally "marked out" when the episode aired Friday night. I turned off the lights, turned up the volume, and press record on my VCR and just sat there with a big grin on my face for the whole show. Then I went and finished making dinner. Man, I need to get out more. :p

Can't wait for tonight's show, but since it's on while I'm at class I'll have to leave a big fudge factor when setting to timer to ensure they don't jump the gun on the 1900 air time. I don't care if they just aired a commercial with SW, gimme, gimme, gimme!

21. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, for what it's worth I went and listened to the commentary that they have on the website for Episode I. Pretty basic and explains things for people like my father who either hasn't seen the films or doesn't remember squat about the storyline.

In regards to the question on if Kenobi will be addressed as "general," on the commentary they stated that all of the Jedi are generals and he just finished talking about Barriss Offee being a padawan for Luminara Unduli so maybe all levels of Jedi are given the rank of "General" in the Clone Wars. Perhaps the younglings are only Colonels ?[face_plain]

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    "marked out"

I can always appreciate a good wrestling term! :D

I had to watch from the control room at the station. It literally came on moments after we wrapped up the 6:00 newscast. I had to watch the first minute or so while we were producing :04 promos for the 10:00 newscast.

23. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "Seems to me like some of us here are in Star Wars bashing mode"

Who would that be ?[face_plain] I for one, was merely commenting on the graphic style.

:eek: BLASPHEMY! :p ;)

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I guess you have to like Flash animations. These cartoons resemble those types.

Scott, I am curious. What type of cartoon would you like to have seen Clone Wars modelled after? The only cartoon I've seen recently that simply puts everything (cartoons) to shame is the new Spidey episodes on MTV.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Is it just me or did 3PO look a lot like he did in the old "Droids" cartoon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.