main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Cartoons........

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    The ending only makes me want Episode 3 to come out now. I thought watching the shorts would quench my thrist, instead it is fueling my hunger. Way to go Anakin.

2. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    I agree that we need more...however these have been made really well.

Episode 19 was incredible.

As far as the ending....I mean I am still try to make sense of it, what were the flashes of Obi-Wan and Yoda eluding to ? Any ideas on that ?

It is obvious that Anakin has more strength and power when giving in to his anger and frustration.

Anyone else think it looked like they were on Yavin IV in that Episode 18 and 19 ? They showed the large red planet (like in Star Wars ANH), and the planet they fought on was a heavy jungle type planet with temple looking buildings. (very much like the Rebel Base in ANH) ????

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Could have been Exar Kunns temple, however that name is spelt.

I thought it was good, I can't wait til episode 20 is out, then I can get all of them. :D

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Holy Crap! General Grevous is awesome! I can't wait for Episode III.

5. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    They were on Yavin IV, and those were the Massassi Temples, not Exar Kun's (which is located on Korriban)

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    But there is a Temple to Exar Kun on Yavin 4. It's in the lovely written Jedi Academy trilogy

7. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Seriously? That's quite humourus. I wonder what else the EU conflicts on...

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Just read Andersons work. You'll get a kick out of it.

9. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    actually it is on Yavin, Korriban is where he entered the tombs and temples of previous Sith Lords and was converted to the Dark Side.

10. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Actually, it depends on what you read/see. I remember one of the Dark Horse comics mentioning one on Korriban as well as KOTOR actually having one on Korriban in the game. This is why it's a EU conflict. Sort of like Han shooting first, except it's a mistake George didn't make himself. Anyway, back to our regular program.

I'm confused on the ending for Chapter 20. Is this supposed to be where EPIII starts up? If so, then these cartoons should have come out in early 2005 (in a marketing prospective).

As far as Grievous himself.... Uhh... I think my expectations for EPIII dropped quite heavily. I wasn't impressed at all.

11. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Everyone's entitled to an oppinion.

I for one was quite impressed.

12. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    WOW !

I will also agree that General Greivous was awesome !

Some of the things he did with the lightsabers were incredible.

I have a hard time beliving that is all we will get until Episode III. Although I have not heard of any more coming, I think there will be more. That leaves us an entire year with no more.

I personally would like to see more of the clone wars.

One thing I don't know about though, are we supposed to assume all of those Jedi (some being higher up Jedi) died in that fight? There were a lot of things left unfinished, which would lead me to think there may be more Clone Wars cartoons. In 19, did Asajj really die in that fall..she easily could have supported her fall using the force. And obviously in 20 the fate of those Jedi is not known for sure, even though it looked grim.

I'd like to know more about Greivous also. Half man/half droid ? Proto-type for Vader later on ?? Was he a Jedi or a Sith ? Not just anyone can wield a lightsaber...not to mention 3 or 4 lightsabers !!

13. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    On a lighter note regarding Chapter 20. The scared padawan near the end that runs out boldly and is squished is named :

Sha'a Gi

Take a good look at his pic on Star Wars.com and you will find he looks quite a bit like :

Shaggy from Scooby Doo !

With the name and similar looks, I am sure it is not a coincidence.

If anyone could post pics of both that would be fun, I don't know how to do the pic and link positng bit, or i would do it myself

14. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    [image=http://starwars.com/databank/character/shaagi/img/card_silo.gif]

[image=http://www.msgeek.com/lc/tl-look/shaggy.gif]

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I noticed that as well.

I just finished watching it. Wow, I hope there are more to come. I'm sure they could easily pull off 10 more.

16. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Thanks for the pics Mert !!

17. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I think what really gives away the connection is when the padawan yells "ZOINKS!" just before getting squished.

18. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    And his little scruffly goatee lookin thing on his chin....

19. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Has anyone recorded/ made a copy of the second set? I have the first ten, but work has not allowed me to watch the second, alas. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I have a link where I've been viewing them, I know Jedi_Noghri has a copy of all of them back to back. I need get with him so I can watch them all at once. It's better infront of a TV than a computer screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.