main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    One thing I liked in this one - WAC getting scared and retreating into his folded-up configuration.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I guess nobody told Gascon to hit the nose.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I liked the first droid episode, but this one was awful, for one very simple reason... all the suicide jokes. They didn't just go there once, either, but multiple times. And coming from a droid in what otherwise looked to be a very kid-friendly episode? Not good.

4. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Terrible episode this week. I'm really not very impressed with this season at all.

Esg likes this.
  5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    So, Maul is claiming to be Mandalore? Huh. Hadn't heard that. Odd.

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    If Mandalore the Risible, as I call him, turns out to be the impetus for the Mandalorian cultural renaissance, I will be most displeased.

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Mandos being manipulated by the Sith? Seems to happen every other week. ;)

RC-1991 likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maul is going to Mandaldore?

Probably going to kill Obi-wan's "girlfriend," the Duchess, then.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's okay, Kenobi has plenty of girlfriends to spare.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Unless Maul pulls an Abeloth, and makes it his new life's duty to hunt down all of Kenobi's girlfriends :p

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    And impersonate them.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    "Did you think it was Ventress you were kissing? No, it was I, your arch-rival, Darth Maul! MY REVENGE IS COMPLETE!"

13. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    We better be careful what we say. Lucas may have 'retired,' but he could secretly be looking at these forums and decide to come back and make it so Maul decides to go impersonate Kenobi's girlfriends.
    "Hey, Filoni, I'm back. I was just online, and this great idea came to me. We'll have Maul kill Satine, and then he'll put on her clothes and pretend to be Satine in front of Obi-Wan. Then when he fails to kill Obi-Wan, he'll go hunt down and kill Ventress, since it's not like she's important, then put on a baldcap and her clothing, and try it again. It'll be great, the kids will love it. Imagine all the toys it will sell."
    "Um, we'll let you handle that George"
    "No, it's such a great idea, we'll all participate it. It'll become a season long arc. We'll keep inventing formers girlfriends for Obi-Wan, and Maul will keep killing and impersonating them. It'll go over great with fans who want more continuity in this show. And think of all the new action figures that can be made of Maul. Obi Wan's Girlfriend Maul #1, Obi-Wan's Girlfriend Maul #2, Satine Maul, Ventress Maul, you know what, I think there was even at least one EU girlfriend Obi Wan had. We'll rekill her if need be. Siri, I think. And no not the iPhone thing. It'll be fantastic."
    "Uh, George, are you hearing yourself?"
    "Yeah, why, am I not speaking loud enough? We can even include Mortis somehow. Maybe have Maul impersonate the Daughter. I think there was a spark there between her and Obi-Wan. The fans will eat this up. The fans even said they wanted this on the internet. And if you say things on the internet, they've gotta be true."
    "George, are you feeling alright?"
    "I've feeling better than ever. And you know what, after this, we can have an enemy of Yoda's come back and kill and impersonate Yoda's old girlfriends. It's be magnificient. Why didn't we think of this sooner."
    "George, we need to have a little talk..."

Zorrixor, Barriss_Coffee and RC-1991 like this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Super_Battle_Droid never posts his brilliant insights in this forum, so I shall repost it here on his behalf:

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007

Karkarodon(Sharkhead)

Lurmen were not really new, they were Mygeetans right from the concept art for Ep 3.

Oh, and Kyuzo(Embo) is new as well. Probably more, maybe Robonino & the Octopus guys(like the guy from Secret Weapons.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    :eek:

17. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    So, five seasons so far.

A few planets, but nothing "stand-out-ish".
    About <15~ new species. A few variants. Most are non-stand-out-ish. The sharks (Karkarodons) could be used for something in EU, but their a bit limited basically being required to be aquatic.

Any new layers or interesting plots they could expand, use, or alter? Basically all I'm seeing is Mortis on this one. I don't have a perfect recall of the seasons/episodes, I DVR the show, watch the episode once, then delete it. Never gotten the DVDs or anything to re-watch the episodes. So I'm sure I've missed quite a bit.

Any new starships/vehicles/or other designs? I know some of the Seperatist droids are new.

Any other new technology/gadgets/etc.?

Any new Force groups/traditions/philosophies?

18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    One shows up in the prison episode with undercover Obi-Wan. So they seem to be fine on land.

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Which is why Anakin needs to be in every episode.

20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have to disagree - I think the Clone Wars has been the best source for new planets in.....many, many years basically, except possibly for Knight Errant. Hell, even already known planets ended up looking a lot cooler on the show than they did before.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Or just completely different.

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  22. Danz Borin

Oct 16, 2012
    Howso? Ryloth got butchered. Mandalore butchered. Mon Cal got changed a bit. Dathomir got changed.

Coruscant is the same as it was in a movie.

Onderon looked similar, pretty much the same.

What NEW planets did the show add that wasn't in the EU before and immediately jumps out to you? I can't really think of any new planet from TCW that I think "wow, I'd like to read a book set on there".

Esg likes this.
  23. Danz Borin

Oct 16, 2012
    Dr. Steve Brule with the exact same time post interception. And I thought I didn't need to use the quote function, hah.

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Mortis was a new planet, for one. The Void planet is another. Stuff like Ordo Plutonia and Pantora are also basically new for TCW. We could make a similar list for the Starships/Vehicles and Technology/Gadgets. New groups of Force users is a tougher one, but the Father, Son and Daughter could be argued to be a new sect of Force users I think.

If you like the stuff, well thats really open to subjectivity. But in answer to "has TCW added stuff?" is yes it has.

25. Danz Borin

Oct 16, 2012
    The Void planet doesn't add anything.

I think we should make a list for all new planets, alien species, characters (relevant, big, main, new, interesting, whatever criteria), technology/gadgets, force groups/philosophies/sects, religions, droids, starships/vehicles, etc.

And then we should go down the list and see what's actually "adding" to the overall EU.

A planet like the void (Abafar) from this past episode doesn't really add anything to the EU.