main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    instantdeath How does one like 'How to precisely bowl grenades under a droideka'?

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Never underestimate the cross-cultural appeal of Wii Sports Bowling. Never.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That seems more appealing and fun than watching TCW.

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    [​IMG]

It looks like we'll be getting some sort of prototype E-Wing in the upcoming LEGO TCW specials.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Huh, interesting. Definitely E-wing-based, since it even has the blaster above the cockpit. A little more digging reveals it's known as JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't have anything against the overall concept, and the correlation between velocity and energy shields is actually fairly common in sci-fi... what I did hate was the banter during the training montage. I'm pretty sure I've made it known how annoying I find Lux as a character, and he seems to have the uncanny ability of being so dull that he makes everyone around him duller. The only thing that was worse in the arc was the really painful love triangle.

I will definitely grant there were some bad scenes, and as usual for TCW, the dialogue is pretty lifeless... but I give the arc a pass because it actually felt like something I'd want to see when thinking of "The Clone Wars". I could have done without the soap opera stuff, but at the very least, they're attempting to show the wide reaching effects the war has on the galaxy. The comics did a much better job on that particular level, but still.

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Regarding the aging of all the Mandalorian Academy cadets.....what the heck is the timeline for this show now?

Robimus likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    12 years.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is not a good line of thinking :p

Esg likes this.
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    There's some line in the book suggesting 2 years have passed since we last saw Korkie, but I find that to be a huge stretch that probably won't be finalized, especially since it not only compresses the first 2 and a half seasons into the first 6 or so months of the war, but also leaves us in no less than what's likely the last 6 months of the war.

My guess would be that maybe something closer to 15-18 months have passed since s3's corruption arc. Or Korkie and pals had a growth spurt.

I am at least glad to see that, whatever sources say, we are no doubt getting pretty far into the war here. For all we know, 19BBY may be next season.

I still say that when all is said and done, Chee will probably leave us with something like this...

All Pre TCW material with Anakin as a padawan ends somewhere by 6-12 ABG. Despite the essential readers guide taking the literal 4 weeks into the war suggestion, Chee states that "months" pass before the show begins. It will probably be less months than I'd like, but we can probably get away with 6.

Starting somewhere from month 6-12 onward, we get the battle of Christophsis. Some of the novels, and maybe a few comic stories, take place during the show, in a slightly different order, but all should occur eventually. Mina Bonteri speaks of the Battle of Aargonar, where her husband supposedly dies, suggesting it had been one year since the conflict. This may have been the same battle depicted in Republic 59. This could place that arc in roughly 15-22 ABG, one year after a conflict that occurs perhaps a month or two before Anakin is knighted. Who knows where Obsession fits, if it fits at all anymore, but I still would stuff it somewhere between seasons 3 and 4 if I had to pick a spot and just change some details like Adi's death. If it's canon at all. The rest is still fine. And Ventress' future fate now remains totally unknown. All of these events from Cristophsis onward are happening anywhere between months 7-30. My guess would be we are now close to month 30, or at least we're up to 26-27 or something (in the war's 3rd year, which starts in month 24 ABG, per what the Dark Horse comic suggests).

Most Republic Commando novels fit where planned, and events occur in other parts of Mandalore. Spar comes into play after this previous arc and we still get Mandalorian Protectors in late 20BBY (which ends in month 30) like originally planned. Even if the whole of Mandalore doesn't join the seppies, his faction does.

Seasons 6+ will occupy the last 6-9 months of the war, likely leading right into order 66. The final post-Obsession republic comics (Republic 74 onward) can pretty much take place where they originally fit since in the old canon they too had a 6-month gap after 72-73. No reason we can't make this gap larger if need be.

I know Zeta and others often speak of the utter futility of trying to realign the timeline, but the truth is that the older stories do occasionally get referenced (like in the Gregor episode where they mention the battle from the free comic book day issue), so we really can't just toss out the whole thing. If Chee has any common sense and does NOT intend to toss out the old material, we'll probably get a retconned timeline somewhat similar to this. We shall see.

11. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I have a feeling that some Essential Guide to whatever will give a coherent timeline out of this mess - I feel bad for Jason Fry and the other people who'll have to sort it out.

12. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    come on, nothing can be harder than giving thousands of planets, moons and spacelanes a proper location on a map ;) this is easy for Jason! If he did not shrug back from sorting out the Imperial Rank Insignia mess, he will dive head on into this ;)

TheRedBlade and Malachi108 like this.
  13. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Personally I'd be happy if he did. The Atlas and Warfare were beyond awesome and I'd like to see more like those.

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I always thought Shysa and Dala were on the side of the Death Watch.

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Absolutely! Fry did a great job combining new and old EU elements. I still think there needs to be a new sort of 'essential guide to chronology' in which more EU elements are tied together.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I can see the explanations in the Essential Guide to Galactic History already...

In the Beginning, there was the Word, and the Word was Waru, and the Word was with Waru.

[...] And every time the great Waru breathes, he breathes new life into the Universe, but sometimes the Waru will cough, and whenever he coughs Time gets muddled.

17. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Finally saw the episode. It was fun (maybe there should have been a few less OT lines) and I suppose it's the arc end but it left me wanting to see what happens on Mandalore now. I admit I like Bo-Katan and want to see more of her (I like Mandos, I like redheads, need I say more?).

Btw I know Jason Fry wrote a book about this story arc (it was by him, right?) and I'm wondering, how is it? Is it worth buying as a fun/good novel or not?

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  18. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Wrong.
    In the beginning there was only Lord Daiman. Then he got bored and created Waru. THEN he also created the known universe.

19. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Ah, but Waru is a trans-dimensional being. Daiman created the reality we inhabit, and Waru created a reality based on Lord Daiman's vision. What followed was a struggle between gods that shook the heavens, shattered dimensional planes, and caused many continuity errors. Legends say that the Glove of Darth Vader was forged amidst the conflict.

Zorrixor and CeiranHarmony like this.
  20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It would make sense for Waru to be created before the universe, because Waru can be outside the universe and can be it's Lord when Daiman doesn't want to, but that brings up many more theological questions. Like, how could Lord Daiman get bored enough to create the universe if he already had Waru?

Edit: Hmm, it looks like I and instantdeath have different views of the creation of the universe. It's been harder to see the exact events now that Lord Daiman has allowed us to see his glory. Our old writings of Waru as the Sole Creator are now heresy. I have to ponder on the meaning of the Glove and how accidentally it became to be.

instantdeath and Zorrixor like this.
  21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Maybe Waru is Daiman reborn [face_thinking]

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I think everyone would love to see a novel about Daiman creating the universe...

Zorrixor likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *watches the last episode of TCW*

*eyes pop out of head*

They may as well cancel the series, because nothing will top that.

Literally nothing.

Rawne, Arawn_Fenn, Zorrixor and 2 others like this.
  24. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Yeah that 3 way fight was pretty awsome finisher. The entire spisode was good, but that was a fantastic close.

25. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Hail Waru! Hail!

On the latest episode, I must say, very very impressed with it. Not sure what else I can say about it. Sidious was like the anti-Yoda there with him being this small thing jumping around his foes. Maul's coolness was slightly broken by the begging but I think he knows what kind of fate his master would give him. Also, I really felt the end of Satine and it was played nicely. And the civil war on Mandalore? I really wonder what happens later. Almec's still in charge isn't he? And is the Shadow Collective gone now? Its effective leader is gone and its co-leader. Doubt the Death Watch will stay with them so what happens? Do the crime syndicates scatter to the winds once more?