main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season 2 Premiere

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Season Two starts Saturday 24 October with 'Holocron Heist' being shown on Sky Movies Premiere at 10am and 7:30 pm. I believe the Cartoon Network gets it in March.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A shame that UK TV is often so behind with US Tv series. It's the same with the new season of Heroes the BBC aren't getting it until next year.

Still, Clone Wars season 2 looks good, I like the fact that much of it seems to be focused on mercenaries & bounty hunters.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Bane is an awesome character. And the first 3 episodes this season have been top notch.

4. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Cad Bane can do no wrong as long as he keeps wearing that smokin' hat.
    The day he puts on a trilby is the day he dies.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I like Bane as well. If we can't have a Fett in it Bane is next best.

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Is that Darth Bane, in a cowboy hat?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Two different Banes. Darth Bane lived 1000 years prior to events of the Clone Wars.

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    No Fett? Have you not seen the trailer?

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't. I can't see them at work and my home broadband has been iffy.

Besides, Jango is dead and Boba is somewhere between 10 and 13 years old at this point. I read the YA Boba Fett books and they were pretty good (except for the last one - too rushed). Seeing young Boba doesn't thrill me that much.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've seen nothing in the trailer to suggest Boba Fett is in the series.

The Mandalorians will be, but they are much older people.
    My worry is that they'll be made into weak saber-fodder for the Jedi in this series, when they should be able to match and/or beat a Jedi.

Their armour is resistant to lightsabers after all.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not all of it can deflect lightsabers. Regular Mandalorian armor is blast resistant. Armor made of Mandalorian iron (beskar) is the type that is lightsaber-resistant. Wookieepedia.

Plenty of Mandos got wiped out at Galidraan by Count Dooku, Komari Vosa, and other Jedi. (Jango Fett: Open Seasons).

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume since it's set at the time period when most Mandalorians didn't have Beskar armour that they'll be easier to kill.

Boba Fett after all only had Durasteel armour. That being said, durasteel is the same stuff starships are made of and they're blaster resitant also.

I'm not too bothered which one they go for, as long as the Mandalorians are made into a tough jedi-killing force. Not some cheap bragging mercenaries who get cut down easily and disgrace the Mandalorian legacy.

They are to Star Wars what the Klingons are to Star Trek, and no-one would dare do a weak portrayal of a Klingon.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    But the difference is that Klingons have appeared in lots of the TV episodes and the movies, Mandalorians have not been seen on screen in the SW Universe.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That depends on your definition of a Mandalorian.

True Mandalore-born, Mandalorian Iron wearing Mandalorians died out in the days of the Old Republic. The guys Jango was hanging around with in Open Seasons were not all true Mandalorians, Jango himself wasn't born on Mandalore but he wears the armour and follows the principles.
    There are sources that list Jango Fett as a Mandalorian, and he appeared on screen. Remember that Sith Lords are still called Sith even if they aren't born on Korriban. They follow the ideals of the Sith.

The Mandalorians in TCW series are likely to be Death Watch type guys who follow the ideals but are not "pure" Mandalorians as their descendants might have been.

All I ask is that the toughest and most feared non-Jedi race in the galaxy are shown to be just that, not fodder for the uber-Jedi.

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006

Same here, I was really pleased to hear that the second series was going a bit darker, and I had enjoyed the appearances from the clones in the initial series, Mandos are a bonus. I really hope they won't be watered down versions of the Mandalorians we are used to reading about, but as this is primarily a kids show, I can imagine that they will be to some extent.
    Such a pity they can't off the ever-annoying uber-padawan, Mary AhSUEka Tano. *le sigh*

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, she's not in Episode III so logic would suggest she must die at some point in the Clone Wars.

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I can only wish, but judging by the recent overhaul of certain character's histories (Grievous anyone?) I would not be surprised if they managed to write her successful escape from the purge.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Shaak Ti was originally supposed to die in Ep III but she ended up escaping Order 66 and dying on Felucia in The Force Unleashed. So it is conceivable that Ahsoka survives the Clone Wars and maybe Order 66 even though she wasn't shown in RoTS.

Edits - can't spell today.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's possible, but unless she turned to the Dark Side I see no reason why she wouldn't be in Episode III unless she was dead. She would still be Anakin's apprentice at that time seeing as the Clone Wars weren't even over by the start of the movie.

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Good point, unless unwritten events prior to EpIII, give her cause to be away from Anakin during the events portrayed in the film. The Jedi were too widely spread out at this point right? It's possible that desperate times called for desperate measures - and as Ahsoka is a little bit of a Sue- it might not be too far fetched of them to send her on some kind of important 'errund'. Unlikely and all totally speculation, but it's one possibility I suppose.

21. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I never saw the film and wasn't wowed by any trailers for the 1st season, But about a month ago I saw the trailer for season 2 and I honeslty think it looks really good... So I'm going to start from the beggining. I'm converted

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you get Cartoon Network it is currently showing Season 1 weeknights at 5:30 pm. I know it's shown on weekends as well but I'm not sure what time.

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Sky Movies Family had also been running season one back to back in the lead up to the season 2 premiare, I don't know if that is still ongoing or not.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm watching the first new episode now via videotape while I wait for TPM to start on ITV1. (I taped the 10am showing while I was out). It's pretty good. Cad Bane fans should like it..

25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    You are kidding? Video tape? As in tape for recording video? Do they even make such a thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.