main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season 2 Premiere

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree, they were badass like Jango Fett was.

My only problem with it was the tendency for them to commit suicide when they were trapped. There is no honour in such actions, they should die in glory.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I liked it. Rather than allow themselves to be captured and possibly have information tortured out of them, they kill themselves. Very professional.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They have the Klingon mentality, and a Klingon would never commit suicide unless it was a Kamikaze attack taking out many enemies.

Jumping off a balcony and hitting no-one seems cowardly and pointless to me.

Still, I can overlook one flaw in an otherwise well portrayed warrior race. They kept on coming and took it to Obi Wan in a way I've seen few non-Jedi do.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Not really. Klingons are obsessed with honour and dying in battle. The Mandos are a lot more colder and professional than that. Rather than dying in the most retarded way possible, charging their enemies with swords to their enemies' guns, Mandos fight, get away if possible, and if not, under the threat of capture, they commit suicide rather than be captured and submitted to interrogation.

That's why the Mando jumped off the balcony. He wasn't there to take as many civilians as he could with him (he already made that point by blowing up the memorial), he wouldn't allow himself to be captured. We've seen this in countless thrillers in movies and TV shows for decades.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That may be their portrayal now, but the Old Republic Mandalorians were not like that. Listen to anything Canderous says to Revan or Carth in KOTOR about the Mandalorian Wars and you'll see how Klingon-like their mentality is.
    Still, I guess a change doesn't matter too much as long as they're still cool.

The Mandalorians were always renound for charging at enemies when outgunned or outnumbered, seeing as enemy blasters couldn't hurt them anyway.

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    The only Klingon thing I've seen about the Mandos is that stupid language Traviss made up for them. Something thankfully missing from the new TV show.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Wasn't The Countess speaking Mando'a to the guy who was dying after the fall?

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Concordian, apparently, but it is reminiscent.

The whole Mandalorian Continuity thing has been blown out of the water, to be honest. Its a molehill, not a mountain, and Traviss... well, I love her writing, but... yeah.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    At least they still look and fight like Mandalorians.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just saw this week's episode, Lightsaber Lost on Sky Movies. Not bad! I wasn't too keen on it when I saw that Ahsoka was the star, but the foray into the Coruscant underworld made up for that. I'm going to catch the repeat on Sky Movies +1 in about fifteen minutes.

11. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    Had a weekend binge of CW stuff this weekend...caught up on 3 episodes Lightsaber Lost, The Mandolore Plot and the last weekend episode which I can't remember the name, LOL!

Loving series 2 at the moment. So much more fast paced and darker than series 1.

I have mixed feelings towards the Mandolorians. I am a massive KT fan and read all her RC books so gutted the Mandos were peaceful. Saying that it makes sense from a Clone War point of view because their peaceful nature will cause the up rise of the Death Watch so they get involved in the war.

Looking forward to the episode this weekend!

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Same here on the next episode. I'm watching the current episode at the moment on Sky Movies.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I was pretty impressed overall with the way the Mandalorian Warriors were done. I fully expected them to get owned by everybody, but they were pretty badass.

14. A-Null

Apr 23, 2009
    I hope we see more of the Mandos in later episodes and a big ar$e fight with the Jedi!

As cruel as this may sound, would be interesting to see Ashoka get killed by a Mando who then takes her saber which leads Anakin to go all mental again and kill them all. Would be an interesting factor in his turn to the dark side!

Laj_Fett - Excellet website there and a brilliant collection of Fett stuff. I have got a Darth Maul MR Saber hilt and looking for a glass case, was your Fett blasters with the glass case or did you buy it?

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The blasters came with the case (which is plastic, not glass). If you ask over in Collecting you might get some help with cases.
    Have you considered using something like a sports trophy case?

16. A-Null

Apr 23, 2009
    Plastic is even better, less chance of smashing!

Will see whats going on in collecting!

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that tomorrow's CW episode is a World Premiere on Sky Movies. We are getting it before the US..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.