main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    I am waaaayyyyy behind in waves! Because I cannot find anything. I have yet to see Darth Sidious hologram's wave, and any wave beyond that! Not to mention that darn little R2-D2 with holographic Leia, or the new 12" Han Solo! Boo hoo!
    Thanks for letting me vent!

2. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Not a whole lot to report. My roomate got a 10$ At-At at TRU. I just got a set of the 12" scaled pit droids at Walmart for 5$ Haven't seen anything new yet... Just wanted to keep this up on the front page. Still ahead of Chicago by about 250.

3. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Is this Sith Lord Darth Maul the one that is chopped in half? What about the kicking Obi-Wan? Anyone seen that?

4. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I think the split-in-half Maul comes in the two-pack with Obi-Wan, but I am not sure. And the kicking-action Obi-Wan comes out later, but don't ask me when as Hasbro is not too helpful in providing current info.

5. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Wow! Where is everyone?
    I guess I am not the only one in Colorado who has yet to find anything new!
    I think we must the last state on Hasbro's distribution routes, or else those trucks just bypass us every time!

6. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Wow! Where is everyone?
    I guess I am not the only one in Colorado who has yet to find anything new!
    I think we must the last state on Hasbro's distribution routes, or else those trucks just bypass us every time!

7. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Wot up!?! Am I the only one on earth without the Tatooine Duel Cinema Scene?!?!?

Sorry about that, I just haven't seen it anywhere!

Chewierulz-cuz wookies always win

8. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Hey, Colorado, where is everyone?
    Like me are you finding it next to impossible to find any new figures? I think this state must be the last one on Hasbro's distribution list!

9. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    I'm still here, but the pickings in Denver have indeed been slim. Of course, I don't think Hasbro is coming out with anymore very good figures soon. Just new versions of Obi-Wan, Anakin, Maul. I'd like to see a new Amidala - now those are interesting figures thanks to her unique costumes, but the only new one I've heard about is the same one as issued before only she's pointing her gun up (boooorrring). At least a Sabe is in the works.

I've been looking more over at the literature section lately, since I haven't found any new good new figures, but some cool new books have come out, as well as Luke's marriage in "Union". I hope they come out with a Mara Jade Skywalker figure soon. Anyone else here a book fan?

10. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    I had to go deep into the archives to bring this one back up...Just kidding. However I did have to go to the 2nd page. I guess us Colorado people must be having a hard time finding anything new. We can't let the Chicago thread get more responses than ours. Ha. So let's keep this on page 1 @ least. Report any SW findings here, no matter wot, or @ least just check in to say you've been out drinking again like me.

11. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    We're back on page one let's keep it that way.

12. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Page 2...no...up...

13. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Checking in.
    I guess there is nothing new in Colorado! At least I have not found anything.

14. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Checking in.

15. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Checking in.

16. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I tried the new Super Walmart in Castle Rock but there was nothing new there!

17. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I tried the new Super Walmart in Castle Rock but there was nothing new there!

18. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Where's all the new stuff? I guess CO is about the last in line. Has anyone even seen the TC-14 wave yet? BTW stil no Maul Sith Lord on the wall! Wot up?

19. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Why isnt therer a Chewbacca icon!?! OK enough venting for today.

I used to read most all the books. Even horrors like the Courtship of Leia. Then that punk RA Salvatore goes and kills (supposedly) Chewie. Now I'm convinced that IF IT'S NOT CANON IT'S CRAP!!!!!!! Sorry I guess that's just more venting.

WOT UP COLORADO?

Chewierulz-cuz RAS does not

20. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I haven't even found the Darth Sidious wave, if that tells you how far behind I am!
    I liked most of the books, actually, except for The Crystal Star. The best books are by Zahn, IMO.

21. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Hey everyone!
    Just checking in! Kinda sad to see everyone is having so much trouble finding Sideous. I got mine at TRU before X-mas when I was workin the Christmas thing for them. I offered to get you guys one and no one ever showed up! I managed to snag some of the TRU clearence stuff, Power FX Xwing, Slave 1, Princess Leia Collection, Hoth Battle playset, Darth Vader and Boba Fett green cards, Slave Liea and Han Endor on FF cards and a Darth Vader gunner station. Still some stuff hangin around the TRU on Mississippi. Ive seen some of those Gungan Cannon things around but thats about it.
    Talk to ya later!

22. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Just got back from Breckenridge. They have a very cool collectibles shop there - mostly all Star Wars. I didn't find anything I hadn't already seen somewhere else at least once, but still, all but the most difficult stuff there in one store. Next time any of you are up there check it out. It's right on Main Street.

Skiing is great! I think they need to name some runs after Star Wars though. 'Astroid Field", "Death Star"(double black), "Cloud City"(highest altitude) - the possiblities are endless!

23. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Hi all,

Been a long time. Kind of took a break from SW for a while there. Just a quick question for any of you:

Have you started to feel a little burnt-out on SW? I mean, I really enjoyed collecting when the figure first came back in '95. And even up to Episode I. Somewhere along the way the magic began to wear off, and I stopped collecting. I am very puzzled by this, because I still love the movies, and overall the SW universe and concept.

Has anyone else had any feelings of disenfranchisement in the last 6 months?

Here's to hoping I'm not alone...

24. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Hi all,

Just checking in after a very long break to say "hi" and see what's going on. Hope everyone's been doing well.

-SWF77

25. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I know what you mean. As much as I love SW I seem to prefer the original trilogy to EP1, including the figures, etc... Maybe it is old age creeping up on me!
    The only reason I have paused in collecting is that I can't find anything to collect!
    But still I seem to be more interested in the new offerings from the POTF2 line than the EP1 line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.