main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

COKE OR PEPSI??

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JM_1977, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Donkey Semen

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Diet Coke for me. I can just about tolerate Pepsi Max as a substitute but only if it's freezing cold.

Now and then you see Coke Light in some machines here in the UK. It's horrible! Nothing like Diet Coke.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Coke, but sugar-cane Coke most of all.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If I'm in the mood for something full-sugar I'll have a Mt Dew. Full sugar Coke is too sweet for me.

5. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Coke but I don't mind Pepsi. Besides, I cut down on caffeinated drinks so I rarely drink soda nowadays.

6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Actually this can just be a thread to talk about soft drinks and sodas and everyones preferences if you want. I don't know how to change the name so someone else can do that for me lol.

7. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    I'm a Dr. Pepper person, and Coke/Pepsi are pretty much interchangeable to me. I can taste the difference, but I don't care.

And I am also in the camp that Latin American soft drinks (or anywhere where cane sugar is used) are better.

8. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Coke all the way, especially vanilla coke.

9. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    It's funny, when I was a kid I used to like Coke more than Pepsi. Now it's the other way around. I like Pepsi more than Coke. Well, Diet Pepsi.

10. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    Pepsi. Though I think Coke tastes better if combined with Dr. Pepper.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I only go for the non-sugar versions and of those I prefer coke zero, and then coke light/diet coke. Pepsi Max used to be my favorite, but now I think it tastes too sweet compared to the coke varieties.

And yes I do notice the difference between the cokes, and especially the neither pepsi nor coke but still caled cola brands, but I don't care what kind I'm served if I'm in a restaurant or café.

12. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    I'd thought I preferred Coke until I read that in blind tests, people can hardly tell the difference. Then I decided I don't care. Speak of self-suggestion :p

I believe it was actually from cocaine?

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Comet>Pepsi>Coke
    [image=http://radio.javaranch.com/map/images/comet.jpg]

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wild Cherry Pepsi will be responsible for my onset of diabeetus.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p231/sebulbax/fail/DieHardCola.jpg]

16. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I like both, but the throwback pepsi is easier to find than the sugar cane coke. I mostly buy throwback pepsi now.

17. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    oh my god yes. so rough and painful to drink.

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Coke. Really cold.

19. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    I read in a Malcolm Gladwell book (I think it was The Tipping Point) that the reason why Pepsi always won "The Pepsi Challenge" was because when you just take a sip of it, Pepsi is a little sweeter, so people chose it over Coke. However, the reason why Coke continued to out-sell Pepsi was because when people want to drink an entire can, they prefer Coke. It has "staying power." People who buy Coke don't necessarily want to drink an entire can of the sweeter Pepsi, though they might prefer it in a sip test. I always thought that was interesting.

Also, Coke. :p

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sometimes coke dispensers will actually vend pepsi or vice versa, which is really sloppy and probably a violation of some franchising agreement--but it's definitely noticeable. If people can't tell the difference in a blind taste test, they're idiots.

21. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I drink diet coke and diet pepsi. I cannot, for the life of me, distinguish between them. My purchasing habits on these two is driven entirely by sales. At my grocery store, I can get a 12-pack for $2-3, but the sales alternate between coke products and pepsi products in what I'm sure is a simple, but perfectly legal price-fixing scheme. So every two weeks or so, I switch between diet coke and diet pepsi.

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Drinking the Diet soda's are your problem there, my friend. My smooth Vanilla Coke I've got in the fridge is the real deal.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

23. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Meh. I enjoy my drinks. I think non-diet sodas are entirely too sweet. But I do suddenly have a hankering from rum and diet coke...

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm, rum & (diet) coke. Go for it.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

25. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    what if they don't have a tongue