main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania 10!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep, meet is on Saturday (12pm outside Next is Dandy for me :D ).

I wont be in cossie but I will be wearing what I regard as the best t-shirt ever!! [face_monkey]

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *sulks*

I start work this weekend, and they want me every weekend.

*shakes fist at Glen*

You had something to do with this, I'm sure.

I may be able to wangle free time, but otherwise I'm out

:mad:

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, that's like me

I've changed my availability from full-time to part-time due to Uni, and so I'm only working weekends now.

The change comes into effect as of Monday.
    And since I've changed to only weekends, asking for saturday off wouldn't go down well with management.

But I have other options, so I'll see what I can do.

4. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    lol seriously chris, when i read your post yesterday, i could of sworn it said you were going on sunday. :confused:

and i wear glasses too, the lenses must of been steamed up lol :oops:

5. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006

Well Natalie you wouldn't be the first lady that has said I can make her do that.

I mean.... er.......... Rob.

Curses! Why do I always picture people as their avatars! Rob was very attractive then!

Anyway yes I shall be there on Saturday, hopefully for 12pm outside of Next

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I may end up going both days now :p

7. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Usually there's plenty of space around the church on a normal weekend, although it's best avoiding going to the shopping centre at all during mid-late December if you can help it. Absolute madness doesn't even begin to describe it.[face_hypnotized]

Not that all that really makes much odds to me, seeing as how I just failed my driving test for the second time... :rolleyes:

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    [:D] Never mind, there's always next time.

From what I've heard and seen it seems Milton Keynes has always been a nightmare for raod traffic. You'd think a place that was purpose built from stratch to a set design would've come up with a better road system.

Fortunately I take the train, so I just walk for a long time in a straight line from the station :p

9. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Richie, there's a bus that goes past the train station straight to the town centre. I'm on it all the way from my house and it gets to the station first. It's called the X4 and should run every half an hour on the Saturday. Not sure how long the walk is but if it makes it easier just hop on that

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh right.
    Well, I was advised when I went to MK to avoid all raod transport because it's chaos and would take ages.

And that bus goes from your house in the Midlands to MK in the South?
    Doesn't that take a while?

11. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Since I am unable to attend this wonderful event as I am back home now :)( ), can I ask a favour?

Any possiblity of getting Helen Slater and David Wehnam's autograph for me? If anything, I managed to see the guest list on the boards when I went to MK...

12. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    David Wehnam yes, someone could get his for you, but Helen Slater has cancelled (so has adam baldwin!! :_| )

A week today people!!! get your money ready!!! lol

And Chris.....[face_worried]

sorry but i dont have a natalie portman costume to wear to C10 lol sorry to let you down

:p

13. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Helen Slater cancelled again? Damn.

14. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    I've lived in MK since I was two, and the grid system generally holds up very nicely. It's a million times better than Bristol. :eek: Once I was walking into uni and saw three crashes in as many minutes. One car went into another, then someone behind didn't realise the traffic had stopped moving and rammed the person in front of them, then someone hit a white van to complete the hat trick.

15. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    The traffic isn't bad at all. It can just be confusing if you've never been there before. Its all in horizontals and verticals. The great bit traffic-wise is the road back to Cranfield :p

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I was amused by the fact it had lots of roundabouts in rows of 3 when I was there.
    The only time I've been thankful I didn't have a car :p

17. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Hey, don't rubbish the MK roads system! Compared to Portsmouth, where I grew up, the traffic here is hardly anything to get worked up about. The grid system works well for the most part and despite rumours to the contrary, MK does have a good public transport system. Yep, it could be better but who has the political will to invest in public transport these days especially when there is such a vociferous car lobby. If only the planners had stuck to the original vision for Milton Keynes - no cars at all - but a monorail system linking the whole city. Now that would have been a fantastic idea :)

From the station you can either walk to the centre (about 25 mins) or all the buses from stops to the right of the station entrance call at the shopping centre.

18. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    he's gone all flash gordon.

19. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    [image=http://beancounters.blogs.com/parodies/images/boss_nass.jpg]

GORDON'S ALLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVEEEE?

20. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D= can we re-vote for 'best quote' please lol

21. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    Actually I think the planners do a rather wonderful job, particularly my Dad. :D

22. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds like someone is building up towards asking for an expensive Christmas pressie ;)

I like the MK road system. It's like being transported to another world, except you've just come off the M1. And it's where they filmed Superman, so it's great just for that reason :D

I'm not sure how long I can stay around for the meet now as my plans may slightly changed. I can certainly stay for a few hours though so it'll be no rush job for me, just a word of warning that I may have to go off later in the day.

This sounds rather good too:
    Speeder bike photo session

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Likewise.
    I may only be around for about 3 hours, then have to leave.

24. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Do you think we could do the group photos when we all first get together at 12pm, cause i have to leave you lot early, and last time i missed the photos cause i had to leave.

25. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Yeah. I'm only going to have my phone on me btw, which does take pretty good pics but if anyone has a better one it would be appreciated.

And does everyone agree on the picnic idea? And is everyone ok for bringing/buying food?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.