main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Collector's Cantina

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey all, sorry about the lack of info lately but there has not been much to talk about. Evansville is notorious for getting knew toys weeks after they're release in every other city.

As was mentioned earlier, the cantina sets have hit wal-mart and the republic gunship should be hitting anyday. I also found the knew 12" Dooku, Zam Wessle and super battle droid at Super K.

Hasta

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Does anyone have any pictures of thier collections? I would post some of my stuff but everyting I have is in boxes right now.

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    [Sarcasm]That's no excuse, take them out and start taking pics[/Sarcasm].

:D Just kidding, most of my stuff is boxed up, too. I do have some stuff displayed, though. Maybe I can post a pic sometime.

4. TC517

May 14, 2001
    As of 9:30 this morning, wal-mart west had one (1) R2 droid. It is a dollar or two cheaper than other places too. I wish I could have got it...

5. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    YODA/DOOKU ALERT!!!

Just checking toysrus.com and they have both Yoda and Dooku ready to ship in 24 hrs.

charlie

6. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Just my luck! After I find them, they start showing up everywhere...

7. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
  8. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I saw two EPISODE I figures at the west side wal-mart yesterday. They had an acessory pack and a Tarpals. They were in really poor condition.

I just wonder why they still had them.

9. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I'ts not that they still had them...Hasbro is re-relasing the entire Episode I figure series. According to an "official source", they just decided that there weren't enough Obi-Wan's, Qui-Gon's & Anakin's out there.

8-}

Also...

"Treasures", that consignment shop in Washington Square Mall has some vintage and newer Star Wars stuff. Some of the notable stuff: Vintage AT-AT, Vintage loose & carded figures, carrying cases, etc. Pretty Cool!

10. JediMasterChris3

JediMasterChris3 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2002
    does anyone have the R2-D2 figure that shoots out a light saber?(sorta)

11. Lord_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2002
    Yea Chris I have the vintage saber shootin R2

12. JediMasterChris3

Sep 9, 2002
    Oh,My dog licked mine and chewed on it a little and the saber is not working properly. I need a new one.

13. Lord_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2002
    Toys R Us got a Big shipment today....they had Padme Pilot,Clone Pilots, Jango Pilot, Maul Sith Training, Teemto Pagalies, Yoda, Dooku, Ki Adi Mundi

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Swweeet! Good lead, I picked up a couple that I needed. But even though I just took a late "lunch" to go there, I missed out on Clone Pilot & Jango Pilot. Oh well, maybe next time...hopefully this will be a regular thing & our stores around here will get the new stuff in.

They also had 2 Gunships & the 12" Luke w/Tauntaun when I was there...

15. Lord_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2002
    Super Wal-Mart had EphantMon..Tusken w/Massif...Watto...Blonde Endor trooper...Darth Maul Sith Training Dooku...yoda....Padme Pilot Jango Pilot and CLone Pilots and Anakin Tusken Attack...Kmart had Anakin Tusken Attack Anakin Hanger Duel and Darth Maul Sith Training

16. JediMasterChris3

Sep 9, 2002
    C'mon guys, I got the toys until I was like 9.Sorry but the E'ville Jedi message board sucks! TC tells me he is going to send me posters and then he wont respond when I ask him about it and you all sound like geeks. Damn!

17. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Sorry man. Don't flame. I've been very busy and I think I may still have a virus. I don't want to send the virus to you when I attach the posters. If you come to a meeting, I will have some for you then.

18. JediMasterChris3

Sep 9, 2002
    BYE Ya'll. ...Edit... Not saying that all of you are geeks or anything,well actually I am but no offense, Later.

[image=http://www.xieish.com/users/ridingmycarosel/obi-mod.jpg]

Later, indeed. - DJ

19. TC517

May 14, 2001
    BYE Ya'll. This board is overall boring, all you talk about is toys and ET and LOTR and gay stuff that has nothing to do with star wars at all. I was thinking about comming to the meetings but after talking to a few of the members on AOL they sound like the scummy outcast children who have "social disorders" Not saying that all of you are geeks or anything,well actually I am but no offense, Later.

Hey, I talked to you on AOL. Does that make me a scummy outcast child with a social disorder? As far as I know, ET and all the Lord of the Rings characters were heterosexual. Flaming is a bannable offense. Maybe a mod will see this and do what they do best.

As far as only talking about ET and LotR, I guess that Episode 3 thread we started at your request doesn't count. :confused:

20. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    OK this is really sad. We do talk ALOT about star wars on here. The episode 3 thread IMAX etc. One of the great things about this board is we are OPEN-MINDED to talk about ALL THINGS. I was the one who brought up E.T. Being 25 that makes me a kid???? Do you even bother to READ all the topics and posts????? If we are such a bunch of "scummy kids with social disorders" maybe you should find a geriatric (sp) fourm.

21. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, let's just hope he keeps his word and is outta here.

He's obviously trying make us angry. See definition of troll, spammer, flamer...

Much to learn he still has...

22. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Pot...kettle....black...

I think it's safe to say all of us need to embrace our inner geekiness. For the love of ObiWan, we all are SW nerds.

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  24. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Alright all you socialy challenged geeks (wait a second, I'm the scummy one...) lets get back on topic.
    It is my birthday tommorow but since I wont be home for 14 hours, we celebrated today.
    I got the Gunship, arena playset, new Jedi Starfighter, unleashed Padme Anakin and Vader.

25. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Have a great Birthday and don't let the turkeys get you down.

I'm reminded of the words of one of Buckaroo's inner circle, namely Pecos: "Some cloistered critics have accused us of having a myopic view of the world, living out the sorts of adventures that other men hold only as fantasies. I would retort that it is our view of the world which brought us together in the first place, and whether or not it is a correct view is an issue historians will decide. We prefer to think of ourselves as realists. One cannot always deal gentlemanly with brutes, for as B.B. has said, 'There are times when verbal ingenuity is not enough.'" -nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.