main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Collector's Edition info leaked?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Riven_JTAC, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Credit to a poster on the SWTOR website for gathering this together:

Thoughts? Waaaay too expensive, in my opinion. Sure, a figure like the Malgus one can run $40 EASILY, but the stuff just doesn't add up to the $160 over the game price.

I can do without the Malgus figure. Just don't care at all. Give me everything else and charge ~$100 and I'll be pleased as punch. I'd LOVE to have the galaxy map, the journal, and the score CD.

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I have to think the early access it going to be available only thru the digital copies, which EA already confirmed to be available exclusively thru their Origins online store. Its possible it could also be available thru the Bioware store much like they had the ME2 Signature Edition.

I don't really care about having 'first access'. And digital download? I like having hard copies of my software, thanks, don't feel like spending my first 3 days of the game waiting for it to download (if you think it won't happen, just watch. People were waiting 24-48 HOURS for Starcraft II to download).

Maulfly and I will be getting the CE editions of the game, had been planning on it since the MMO was announced years ago. That said, this should be priced closer to $149.99. I think they'll announce it to be $199.99 and it will still sell out.

Look for the release date to be announced Thursday as somewhere between Thanksgiving week and Christmas Day.

Oh, and don't forget to grab all your PC gear from Razer, I'm gettinig the keyboard and mousepad for sure!

3. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    The Razer gear is soooo expensive. I was looking at the mouse because I needed a new one, but just couldn't justify it. I ended up getting a Logitech G500 (old, but came highly recommended by a lot of people).

I do hope that the real price of the CE is lower, and someone on the SWTOR forums suggested just selling the Malgus figure if I get it.

I agree about physical copies. Given the size of this game and the popularity it may enjoy, a digital download would be ridiculous.

4. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    What is more likely to happen, is they will allow people to actually download the game before the servers launch live. If the servers are not up it wont hurt if people have the client on their computer up to a week early or so. Also, why would the physical pre-order boxes advertise early access if you could only get it through the digital download (which will only be available through EA's Origin, not a Bioware downloader)?

Gamestop or whoever else is capable of emailing their buyers (then charging their credit card after they send the email instead of the physical game) the access codes to get into the headstart program. They've done this for other games, to think they couldn't do it here? Why not? Then you simply download the game client from the same place the digital buyers did.

Then when the servers go live, your game has been installed for a couple of days and you don't have to worry about that. To secure a smooth transition, I'm positive they are thinking along these lines.

Also unless you have a crappy internet connection, it shouldn't be a problem to download 28gb's or so. Just let your computer stay on over night and it will be done in the morning. If they use a system similar to WoW's downloader, it will only take an hour or two.

Also an update to all of this. The System Specs are on the back of these physical pre-order boxes:

System Requirements :

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better / Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better

RAM: At least 1.5 GB or better for XP / 2 GB or better for Windows Vista/7 / PC's using built in graphic chipsets 2 GB RAM is recommended.

Hard Drive: 8x DVD-ROM or better

Video: ATI XT800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.

5. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow. Those are some healthy system requirements.

I meet them, but not by as much as I hoped I would. Any word on HDD space required?

6. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Ah great, a CE edition that I will never see and will be able to get in the Netherlands....great...

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Someone with "knowledge" of the game said 28GB at the moment.

8. Kius

Kius Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.