main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Yes, good luck with the move. Hope you love it in your new place too. :)

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Les and Fallen Hero :) The move went well and we are now buried in boxes. I hurt my sciatic nerve last night so I have been limping around lol

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad it went OK, Mike! How are the bunnies taking it?

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les one of the bunnies did get very sick this past Sunday but I do not think it it was due to the move. I suspect she had a furball. Jeannette and I had to force feed her and give her medication for 3 days. She is eating now and is back to her old self.

I will post some pics of the house shortly...

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Aww, poor bunnie. I'm glad she's better.

Just saw a promo on Sky Movies for the new Clone Wars season. It starts here tomorrow..

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Here are some pictures of the Star Wars room. I used one of the other bedrooms as a staging room where I was able to unpack:

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6824.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6827.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6833.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6856.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6857.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6859.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_6862.JPG]

I still have lots to do but I am hoping to get most of the work done by this weekend.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That looks pretty good, Mike. Where will you put life-size Maul?

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks Les :) He is going to be to the left of the empty black glass stands with the 2 AT-ATs. I also have a life sized Yatto that will be next to him. I will post some more pictures later this week. It appears now that I am going to be off this Friday so I might be able to get more of the room completed.

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Happy Halloween everyone !!!

10. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    A late Happy Halloween to you too Mike. By the way, looks like the room's coming nicely.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I bet it's the first time some of those figures have been dusted for awhile! :)

12. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Probably, some of my things most likely need a good dusting themselves...

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes everything was packed up for over a year.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've been seeing shots of Leicester Square on the news tonight. A lot of people are gathered on a really windy, cold, showery night for the world premiere of the new Potter film.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Jeannette wants to come to London next summer's for the final Harry Potter movie Les. I believe it comes out in July.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think it's around July 15, Mike. It would be fun to get together again. Maybe we can get halibut and a few other people as well.

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Jeannett would love that Les. Unfortunately I will not be coming with Jeannette on next years trip.

18. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    :)

I've been thinking around beginning to mid July the trip. Just trying to figure out how it will work/places to stay and if I'm going to end up missing Canada Day ;)

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You going to be in line for a midnight show this week for HP, Jeannette? It opens here Friday. I'll probably catch a show during the day next week when the prices are cheaper. I have to go into town Monday or Tuesday (depends on the weather) so I'll see what time the showings are at the local cinema. For something this big they probably start at 10 or 11 am.

20. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Not doing the midnight showing as I have to get up at 5am to exercise/go to work so don't think I'll cope with about 2 hours of sleep :(
    We're going to the 7:30pm showing on Friday after work, will still be busy but at least I'll have sleep.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Let me know what you think. I was disappointed when I saw the last one on Sky - it was so choppy. I had to go back and re-read the book to see everything that was left out. I've read the final book so I'm familiar with the story already. (And I know this is just part 1).

22. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Sure, but I'm probably not going to love it as I hated the last book. I've read that the least, I read it once when it came out but don't think I have touched it since so probably won't even remember half the stuff that's supposed to be in it. Although most of the book was pretty yawn worthy anyway :p

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Now I enjoyed the last book, except for some characters I liked that didn't survive the battle.

24. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Same, which didn't help with my view towards the book :p

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess they cannot alter the story line much so there should not be any surprises unless you have not read the book like me :)