main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Colonization of a new world

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Detjen, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Ok, this will be my first try at starting up one of these things so feel free to offer a little help.

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    ok post what the rpg is about post a vharactor bio we need to fill out post if you need GM'S (ill be one) da de da de da........

3. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Post what factions will be there too.

4. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Setting- A little while before A New Hope, The rebellion is still growing, they are getting aquainted with their new starfighter, the X-wing. The Empire, securing its hold on the core worlds are now looking rimward to find planets rich in resources for manufacturing of goods, or isolated places to build secrete facilities and labritorys or store prisoners quietly out of the way. One planet labled 482 by Imperial Scientists has been approved for Colonization.
    Planet- 482, currently unnamed, Is a temperate planet, polar ice caps on the poles, it has three large contienents. two are close along the equator, keeping them warm and well vegitated. the third continent is rather small and close to the southern pole, it is a cold harsh place, though some creatures and plants can survive there. it has 2 moons and orbits a single yellow star. the System it is in containes 4 other planets.
    The first planet lays too close to the sun for colonization purposes though it is high in metal content and might be mined in future operations.
    482 is the second planet, and is in the perfect position for colonization.
    The Third planet has the possibility of later colonization though its distance from the star makes it colder than 482, its easly terraformable to make it sutable fore life.
    The forth planet is a giant gas planet that is orbited by 12 moons and has a large ring that circles it from pole to pole. The gas planet is of no value and is not considered to be important by the Imperials.

The Fleet- Being a small planet on the outer rim the imperial fleet will not be sending much of its resources out to it. the fleet will consist of
    3 Dreadnaughts
    2 Blockade runners
    1 Colonization ship. The colonization ship is nothing more than a large patchworked liner that will trasport 500 people to start the groundwork on the planet. once they have the basic infrastructure set up shuttles will ferry more people to the planet.
    5 Squadrons of Tie fighters (60)
    3 Squads of Stormtroopers (36)
    Notes- First off please dont post constantly, Ive tried being part of a thread where most everyone posted 5 or 6 times a day, and I found myself, who usually posts once or twice, left out of most things, it got a little frustrating. I know you would love to keep things moving quickly but thats the beauty of a message board, not everyone has to be on at the same time to make it work. Second I dont see this as being a combat heavy thread, those who are looking for quick thrills and fights will probly be unsatisified, though if you would like to get involved in one or two conflicts im sure it could be arranged.

For character information I need the usual
    Name/Race/Gender/Age/Desc/Occupation/and an optional background. given the time period there are not a whole lot of jedi or sith running about, though perhaps an old jedi master might hide out on the planet, or the imperials might make use of an inquisitor, but for the most part no jedi no sith, though a few force sensitives should be ok.

Alien speceis should be thoguht of as a second class, the imperials are big Xenophobes, and enslave or treat aliens terribly, including the commander of the imperals here. Most aliens here are either slaves or those who are hoping for better life out in the outer rim, and they are also most likey to be supportive of the rebellion if not in it in some form already.
    More of the early colonisists will also most likey be prisioners, sent out in the outer rim as cheep labor, either as a part of a deal with the courts or some other reasons. Of course then there are those whos skills are needed or those who think they might find a better life on the new world.

There are some important people needed for this thread and instead of me handling htem I think ill pass them on to you guys I will post their occupationa nd basic characterization, the rest is up to you and this is on a first come first serve basis.

The Admiral/Govenor- Human Male, Extremly loyal to the Empire and also very power hungry. Sees this as a c

5. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    As for Factions its basically Rebels, Imperials, and a few independant colonists who would actually probly be considered imperial citizens. GM's I would welcome, if anyone has ideas for another faction, maybe some aliens who live on the planet in the forests or some unkown aliens in the outerims PM me with some of your ideas, maybe we can fit them in.

6. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Name: Ateri Deneveon
    Race: human
    Desc: tall for her age; dark brown hair and green eyes
    Background: Grew up in an Imperial family. Her father had strong ties with ccommanding officers, and therefore she reached an admirable position even through the Empire's bias against women. She is the commander of an Imperial TIE squadron.

I'll volunteer for a GM spot.

7. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Ill go for the republic GM spot ill have my bio up within the hour

8. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I'll think about it, DJ. Soon, though, I'm starting college classes at night, and I'm not sure how often I can post in my own RP. If I find I can do that one and this, I'll post a bio.

((edit))
    If I do join, I would like to be a criminal. ;) I think that would be fun. Just like a petty theif or something like that.

9. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Cool, hopefully we can get a few more people and stuff, ill post a char or two of my own once others have had a chance.

10. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'll join
    name:Ballin Beelar
    height:5'12
    weight:170
    hair and eyes: dark
    rank: major incharge of the surface cannons for the planets defence
    info: loyal to the Empire. Wants to return to his family. Intolerate of failure and quick to punish.

11. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Anybody want to be a victim of my talents as a theif? It would make things interesting, If I can be in here.

I'll know within the week if I can or not. (I really want to but don't know if I can)

12. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Hmm this is kind of a downer I was hoping for a bit more of a turn out, Maybe we can catch a couple more. Anyways heres the profile of my main character

Name: Jostlyan Caldant
    Race: Human
    Desc: Average height and build, brown hair and eyes
    History: Lived an uneventful life till he joined the Academy to become a pilot. Is freshly out of the academy, but is starting to get doubts about the empire, hearing lots of rumors about them though he would never admit this outloud.

Theres still the big Admiral guy in charge of the whole little operation if anyone wants him, if not ill just play him then, your also welcomed to have another minor char or two if you guys would like, hopefully we can get a few more players to join, Ill start things tommorow, give them time to jump in before we start

13. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    I'll post another character if you want.

14. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Well I guess ill get this thing on the road, maybe we can get more while there.

IC: The viewports of the lead dreadnaught was empty except for the blue tunnel as they barreld through hypserpace. on the nav board a light started blinking and the officer pushed it before turnning to the captain. "Sir we are nearing our destination point, estimate 20 minutes before we drop out." he reported duitifuly, the captain nodded before turning to give orders to another man. "Alert the fighter squadron, I want them ready to launch when we reach our destination, I shall go inform the Admiral of our arrival."

OOC: there we go, we drop out soon, all the other ship are also going through almost hte same thing, preperations for dropping out of hyperspace.

15. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    OOC: has the world been settled or is that we're doing now?

16. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Thats what we are doing, its uninhabited as far as they know though theres always a cahnce of a hidden sentient race somewhere in it.

17. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    ic: Ballin sat waiting for his chance to set up the defence screen to protect this new world they were about to drop out at
    "I can wait to get a shot at firring a turbolaser again" he told a Lt.

18. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    OC: Deneveon stared out the viewport.

"General," a lieutentant said, prompting her to turn. "The Admrial asks that you alert the fighter squadrons."

She nodded. "Very well. Prepare my fighter."

19. Master_Kondor

Master_Kondor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    Name: jalto Davvip
    hair: bright wite, also has a mustache an gotee.
    eye: blue
    bio: Jalto Davip is getting old, he's wise and battle scarred he was one of the first stormtroopers, he has seen many battles, he will take any order mercilessly.

20. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Jostlyan jogged to his fighter, doging some mechanics who were finishing up last minute checks on the ties. reaching it he climbed in and started strapping in.

"5 minutes till we drop out." Reported the officer to the captain on the bridge. The captain gave a nod in acknowledement. "Status?" he asked turning to another officer. "All systems and crew report ready."

21. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    I'm getting a bit disapointed in my RP, so I will officially join this one.

Name: Jo-Ni Shawa
    Race: human

description: 5 ft. 6 in. 150 lbs Light tan skin, brown hair, shoulder length. green eyes shot through with golden brown

Background: Jo-Ni lost both parents when she was young. To survive, she learned to move noislessly, she is a master tracker, and learned botany.(she knows plants, which ones are edible, which are poison, which are healing plants, etc...) Jo-Ni also turned to theivery.

She recently went on a garden raid for food. The garden belonged to a Moff, and when she returned home, Stormtroopers were waiting for her. She put up a fight, and recieved a damaged right knee and bruises, including a black eye, all over her body before the stormies finally stunned her.

The Moff made a deal with her. She would be allowed to live if she agreed to be sent to this new world. And so, she awaits in the brig on one of the ships for it to arrive at the new planet.

(I'll let one of you decide what ship I'm on. Don't forget about me when we land on the planet, please. I'm locked in and will need to be released when we get there. ;) )

22. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    IC: Commander Deneveon walked to her fighter, a Head Hunter and put on her helmet.

"Squadron, prepare for drop out," She ordered.

Her comm buzzed with replies.

"Acknowledged, Commander."

23. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: All non imperial personell would be on the colony ship which is basically a couple ships cobbled togeather, so for the most part the peopel who are colonizing the planet are criminals, slaves, or those desperate in finding a good life.

24. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    OOC: Ok.

IC: Deneveon flew her fighter into the atmosphere, followed by a squadron of TIE fighters.

"Everything looks good to me," a pilot remarked.

"Can it and watch for anything suspicious," she ordered gruffly.

25. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    Ballin waited on the bridge of a Dreadnaught
    "Perpare the landing material, I want the cannons on-line by the time the colonists land"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.