main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Comic Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Ulic-Qel-Droma75, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    I know that I am on the late bus but, I just got Jango Fett open seasons 2,3 and 4. I am putting together a costume of Montross still! I know of others that are getting armor as well!

2. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Anyone here into Silver Age Marvel comics? Does anyone have any 1960's Marvel or X-men comics prior to 1980 to sell or trade?

3. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Since when did Wolverine and Spiderman become an Avenger? Spidey was declared a "reserve member" of the Avengers back in the 80's and Wolverine...he's an X-men/loner.

4. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    After Avengers: Disassembled, Cap, Spidey, and a handful of others responded to a crisis, then followed the trail. They met up with Wolvie along the way, and Cap invited them to join full time (membership was low after the Disassembled thing). ;)

5. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Word! Since the mid 1990's, I've felt P.O'ed by what Marvel/DC/Image and everyother comic company for that matter did to the industry buy jacking up prices and adding triple variant holographic die-cut numbered prizm limited bagged ashcan newstand versions of every comic staring Ghostrider/Wolverine/Deathlock/Punisher/Venom/Thanos, three times resurrected from a toilet and slapping a $4.99 price tag on it. Wheew! Times that by every X-Men/Spidey spin off and you have millions of unhappy devoted pimple faced teens mad and broke. That bugged me and pushed me away. Thats why I prefer comics prior to the late 80's. When it was unheard of to do such a thing and comics were printed on newspaper material.

And back on the Avengers...My store is selling The Ultimate Avengers cartoon (PG13...right on!) for $11.80 and $13.88 w/ a bonus itty bitty comic. The $11.80 price should run through the weekend. I picked up a copy and cant wait to watch it...when the wife and kids are asleep. I must have no interuptions.

Avengers assemble!!!

6. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I bought it at your store on Tuesday for $13.88 w/o the little comic. ***? ;) Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it's decent so far. Follows the Ultimates comic fairly close.

I quit comics in the early/mid 90's because most of them just sucked, and I wasn't into non-superhero books at that time. There's lots of good stuff out there today, though, superhero and otherwise.

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I always liked "Baby Huey"

[image=http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/cartoon/images/miscellaneous/bk-huey.jpg]

8. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003

This was at the Eubank WM? There were flags everywhere all over the DVD displays with the posted prices. I havent finished the movie yet also, but was pleased with the Capt. America introduction. Very cool retro 1940's rendition.

Hey Jess, I can do a pretty good impression of Baby Huey when I run around the house in my Jar Jar boxers...

9. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Has anyone checked out SW Legacy? WHat did you think?

10. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    So far it's pretty cool and worth checking out. Looks like the Empire is making a comeback!!

Also, I heard that Comic Stop burned down over on San Pedro and Mont...

11. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    I just heard that today....kind of weird eh?

12. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    We were talking earlier today about this....can you imagine the insurance claim?

"Yea, I had 5 Amazing Spiderman #1s, 7 Fantastic Four #1s, 11 Amazing Fantasy #15s, etc.... "

13. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Oh, and don't check my safe at home, there not there....;)

14. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003

Man, If I had any one of those copies (in any grade), they would be sitting in a safe deposit box stashed away at my bank. The closest I ever had to a low # Fantastic 4 comic was #6. I bought that baby at Albq Collectors World. Anyone remember that store? I do have Fantastic 4 #26 (Hulk vs. the Thing) in the most horrific condition a comic can be in (taped spine, torn pages, water marks and even tar on the cover!), but its still a readable comic. My oldest Spidey comic-ASM #45.

15. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    Yea, I would definitely have them locked up..
    Hey those are some pretty nice issues you have there.

and I know what you mean about those jacked up comics. I bought a stack of comics at a garage sale for $1.50 that were from the 60's and 70's and a lot of them were missing covers, had someone's name written on them, or had "mystery stains". But the interior pages themselves were still intact. Alot of old DC stuff, so that was kinda cool.

16. DarthSentinel

DarthSentinel Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm liking it so far! The first issue was just a lot of set up for what's to come, but I still enjoyed it. IIRC, Legacy #2 comes out next week. :)

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Ewww...."mystery stains" [face_sick]

I've been meaning to check out SW Legacy - the Twilek/Maul-species chick looks cool!.

18. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Can someone fill me in on the Marvel Civil War story line.

19. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    I'll try and summarize it for ya best I can.(Warning:Spoilers!)

After a battle between some superheroes, a school and neighborhood were destroyed-as well as most of the New Warriors. Citizens turned against the Superpowers and the "SuperHuman Registration Act" is born. This means anyone with superpowers has to register with the government. (Real name, abilities, etc..)It comes with benefits, but not every super hero/mutant is for it.
    What's cool is that you don't have your typical good guys versus bad guys story. Characters both good and bad, have different opinions about the act. You've got Captain America as well as Nick Fury, Iron Fist, Cable and many others who are Anti-Registration and are now considered fugitives....and then the main Pro-Registration people are Iron man, Spiderman(Who reveals his secret identity), Reed Richards, She-Hulk among several others. SHIELD wants to form a strike team that will hunt down the fugitives...You've got your obligatory plot twists and deaths that seem to take part in any major comic storyline. I can't speak for any of the 20+ spinoff stories going on in all the on-going Marvel series, but I'd say the actual Civil War story is worth checking out.

20. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Damn, that sounds like good reading. Might gotta check it out...

21. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Damn, that sounds crazy, but cool. A few guys at work talk about the story line. I'm not sure where to begin if I got back into the current comic scene. I still buy comics, mainly issues prior to 1990 for the cover art or 1st apperances. I especialy like Uncanny X men, Amazing Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor, Daredevil, X Factor and so on. I try to buy up mid to high grade Dell, Fawcett, Atlas, and Marvel if I can find them at a cheep price. Sometimes I do score an issue here and there. I was really never much of a DC fan, but do have a few Silver Age issues.