main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Commander_Ducky's fan art *updated February 1: TOR Sith and Mercenary

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Commander_Ducky, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    well, im pretty nervous about posting here, as i don't feel that i even come close to comparing with many of the artists on this thread, but over the course of the last week or two, i have been slowly convinced to do it.

I just have two things to ask: First of all, feel free [in fact i would realy like it if you did] to suggest something for me to draw. and secondly: Please be perfectly honoust with you're opinions of my art. if it sucks say so, and please give me any tips, and suggestions that could improve my drawing.

[image=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/Mandaloriancolour.jpg]

[image=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/jedicolourcopy.jpg]

[image=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/RebelPilotcolouredcopy.jpg] - personally i'm not to happy with this one. i think it's the neck or something...

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I like them.:D
    The way you reduce details and how things look two-dimensional appeals to me. A bit like comics I used to read as a child.[face_blush]
    =D=

3. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Dude, I love those! That's great work! My favorte has got to be the second one I think. I can't choose though.

4. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks MsLanna, and GuNgAnFaN3090.

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry for forgetting to suggest something for you to draw Ducky, I might be able to come up with something...

How about a Gungan? [face_praying] Or a ship?

I do have a question, how long did it take you for each one of those?

6. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    ok, a gungan it is!

um... i don't know exactly how long it will take as i've never actually timed myself. But i'll take you through the proess and estimate.
    first i will draw mabey a couple quick sketches just to get the basic idea and pose, aswell as practice any specific parts tha give me trouble, for about 5 mins. Then i'll start on the better bigger pencil sketch, redoing parts here and there. depending on the picture this might take 20 mins. or less. then i will usually ink it, and this might take 2-7 minutes. After that if i want to colour it, or edit it, i will scan it onto photoshop/paint. all the colouring for these pics were done manely on paint [except for the pilot, and the jedi's light saber], though sometimes i decide to spen hours on photoshop with a picture adding lots of shadow and stuff. this can take any where between 5 miutes, and 7+ hours [i still havn't got the hang of it]. so in total, it might average out to be... 30 minutes for a complete cycle? thought tell you what. next time ill time it :p

note: the pilot didn't have a head when i scanned him on the computer, so the enitire head was don't on photoshop, as well as the outlining, because i hadn't inked it before i scanned it. also the jedi ended up with only to his waist fitting on the page, so i scanned him, and printed him on a bigger papper, and then drew his legs. this would have added even more time.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your fanart and that Jedi is really cool. You can do more Jedi that way.

8. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    It's not as bad as you think, honestly ;) I like them. You have a style which reminds me of clone wars, it looks very cool ^___^

The thing you need to work on is your anatomy. It's mostly good. Just things like, on the mandolorian, his arm is getting thinner as it reaches his wrist, but the wrist is way too thin, and it looks like his arm is disappearing as it goes down.
    And on the pilot, his right arm is bending like rubber, there seems to be no joint there, can you see?
    It just puts me off a bit as it looks strange.

But it's mostly good as I said, just little things to improve and overall it will look a lot better. I've seen a lot worse in my art class :p

I hope that helps and doesn't offend.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to more. Keep on drawing ! ^___^

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    thanks earlybird-obi-wan. and Kiyuuchan, i defanitly know what you are talking about, and realism usually isn't my style :p But i never realy draw my arms the bendy [face_laugh] As well, i geusse the wrist could be thicker. Though it IS meant to diminish in width as it goes on. And don't worry about offending me: it usually doesn't happen.

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi there, Commander_Ducky, and welcome to Fan Art (...though I know it's a bit late... **sheepish shrug** :p )!

I like your style: very unique, very bold. As to drawing realistically--it has it's place, but so does originality like this! I like the colors, too--they're also bold, to match the thick, hard lines--nice! I think the second one (the Jedi) appeals to me the most (but then, I'm a staunch "light-sider" anyway! :p ), but they're all good! Keep it up--it's always fun to see others' creative outlets! :D

FF

11. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Hi FalconFan, and thanks for the warm welcome, and everything else [face_blush]. so, do you have any suggestions/requests? more jedi?:p

well, here's the next batch of three: im not particullarily proud of the gungan. Sorry GuNgaN_FaN, i have failed you :p

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/RodianSpacePIlotcopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/GunganWarriorcopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/Leia.jpg

12. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    I love the gungan! It's great! You have not failed me. :p

I like the other ones too, but the gungan is best. I like the pose Leia's in. I'll think of some more suggestions about what to draw next. I really hope you do more.

13. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Their real nice, all of them ^____^
    Leia looks great. Good work on the gun and hands, on everything actually ;)
    I'm enjoying your style, it's cartoony and fun ^^

Would love to see future updates, so please keep drawing ! :3

If you're looking for something to draw, how about the Solo twins ? Their my favourite [face_batting]

14. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    thanks GuNgAnFaN and Kiyuuchan! hmm... the solo twins? now that puts alot of pressure on me, them being you're favourite and all, but i will try! [don't kill me if they're abismal! [face_laugh] ]

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also like your style, Ducky. Apart from body proportions there is no other tip that I can give you, because your art pieces have a power on their own as bird, Falcon & all the others commented. Go on with it!

16. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    thanks alot Azure! [face_blush]

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It is this very enthusiastic teacher thing that I have: believing in people, their skills and their ability to grow.

:D

18. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    [face_laugh] I'll leave that to Cadeus ;)
    I'm sure they'll look great. Nobody has ever drawn anything for me *sniff* Thank you, Ducky [:D]

19. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol. NOW im scared! oh, no problem kiyuchan! i'll draw ANYTHING you want, just say the word! [:D] ... [face_blush]

so, the next 4 pics are almost done, sorry for ttakin so long, but i've been sick. :_|

Azure, you're a teacher? thats cool!

20. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    so, here they are: an Empirial Gaurd, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo/Darth Cadeus, and i threw a Ben in there for you Kiyuchan. hope fully you like it!

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/JacenSolocopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/EmpirialGaurdcopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/JainaSolo.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/BenSkywalker.jpg

note: for some reason the Empirial Gaurd has realy bad quality. don't know why, it's fine on Photo \shop, and paint. *shrug*
    also, i have a version of that Jaina, except with her light saber on. shall I post it, or not?

21. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Those were awesome. The last one is my favorite. Can you put me on a PM list? I thought of something else for you to draw:

an Artoo unit? Or general grievous?

22. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    thanks GuNgAnFaN! [face_blush] sure, i'll put you on a PM list!

ok. an Artoo unit and Grevious it is. now i just need a couple more... [face_thinking]

23. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I likes what you got done there Ducky, especially with the colors. :) They all got that look as if they came from an animated series.

24. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    thanks Black-dog.

25. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    Personally, the third one is my favorite! Great art!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.