main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Complaints Zone

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Humble extra, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    Mystery Pleasure House People are never the Wrong People Jediwarrior! They are just scary friends you havn't met!

Hama, i heard on the grapevine that you guys won't get a pay rise until you form a Trade Union...the only thing tfn respects is strength

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The only complaints I have is that not enough of the forum members think to post in the FF section. I have to admit I'm guilty for not having posted since I started in June. But it's a really fun place. In fact, I just met someone who lives in the same neighborhood I grew up in.

3. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    we need to use a mixof threats and bribes to encourage the jcers to frequent this place

4. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Has anyone thought of (or done) creating a FanForce thread in the JCC explaining what it is, providing links, ect. so that the 30 billion users that post there will be exposed to it and learn what Fan Force is, and hopefully start posting on the FF boards? Just an idea.

!snap

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The closest I did to that, Snap, was include a line in my sig that told people to explore the FF threads. It enouraged those frustrated with the trolling and spamming in the SA to look into the other areas of the forums that are free of that.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
  7. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Does anyone think starting an informative thread in the JCC sounds like a good idea? I'd also suggest the PSA, but I doubt PadmeBra would be very receptive of that, and for good reason. What do you guys think?

!snap

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    It's mostly already done for you. All you need to do is post a thread in the JCC asking for interest. If so, hope over to the FFC or something. Just my $.02. ;)

Also, beware for some anti-spam feedback. If it gets that way, I'll back you up. :D

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There will definately be a fair amount of spam in that kind of thread. +1's galore, it's a shame people are such jerks.

10. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I think getting the word out in the JCC about FanForce is a good idea. But as Elan-Rai and Rox said, be prepared for spam and general rudeness. Of course, we can always hope that we're being overly pessimistic.

11. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I think that if we do create such a thread one of the Fan Force Mods should post it, which may cut down on the trolling.

!snap

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    But how do we keep it up at the top page all the time?

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll post there, we would just ned to keep the thread on target with the topic. The spammers will eventually get bored.

14. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I posted at the JCC way back about a year ago about Fanforce, all I got were nasty replies. The thread was spammed.

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    If they spam, they get warned. Simple as that. Although, we (as mods) will need to check it constantly to make sure it stays clean.

16. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    So you guys seem pretty keen on this idea. Shall we begin composing it?

!snap

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Go for it, snap. You might want to start a new thread on this here in the FF forums as well. Whatever you compose, Rox or myself will post it. :)

18. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Ok, I'll start working on it. Like I said before, I do think a mod should be the one to post it, as trolls will be a little less likley to strike a Mod's thread. I will start a new thread now here though.

!snap

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Cool deal. ;)

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll rush in with guns blazing, take no prisoners. I'll be there, just let me know when and where.

21. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    heh, smells like a conspiracy, well it will be, once you draw up the roster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.