main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Conglomeration Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Mika! I am never one to pat myself on the back; but I thought I did a good job (tying the LGA to themes of childhood, community, and creativity).

Yeah. You all should have been like Gods. And, who said I looked like Quentin Tarentino? That still bugged me.

And pirates? I hate pirates. Pirates killed my dad.

Jammies

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

LOL Jammies! You my Nerf Herder!

I had a few people tell me that i looked like Patton Oswald that night. I can't stand it, but it's kinda true, so what can I do....lol!

3. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    My experience at the Con was nothing short of wonderful... and from what I can gather from the Veterans, this was a Con not geared so much Costuming. At least not within "our" interests. But for me... the photo shooting was awesome. On Saturday afternoon, we had a great one outside of the Ball Room area. There were lots of mundanes there who were snapping up pictures like crazy. The problem is... the ones that were taken of me and Lord Nocturnus, all came out dark. I didn't understand that... but who can figure cameras. For some reason, mine did not like the light in there. I really hated it, because there were some awesome action shots taken there. Other than that, we had done another photo shoot of me down by the pool, earlier that day. Vox Deamonicus took pics of me, and the crowds gathered around. I didn't notice until we were almost finished, and Vox pointed it out to me. When I looked I was surrounded with people and kids who had been swimming, all wanting pictures. It was a very celebrity moment... I loved it! Yea, no qualms in saying it... it was great! LOL!! Oh my goodness,..... "What have I done"!

Mika, again.. the room party made the Con for me. It was simply fabulous! I hate that the hotel got snippity about it. It wasn't our fault that they were having water issues and had to put everyone in the same tower together. Geesh. But for me, the experience was simply wonderful my friend. I'm sorry to hear about the Falcon. I'm thinking about ordering one for myself. Awesome looking to be sure. I wanted to be there to help you clean up the next day, and had planned on doing so, however... I left not long after showering that night. I felt bad about my dogs being pinned up in the kennel for so long.

Thank you for the memories my friend. Thank you. A new journey is unfolding for Appo and I. One we are proud to be on with all of you. I mean that from the bottom of my Sithy heart.

You all are the very best of the best. [face_batting]

One of my most favorite shots: (GREAT BIG SIGH)! Whew!

[​IMG]

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    You my nerfherder.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Jedimommy--Ghostbuster costume? Ah! now I know who you were. Welcome back to the fold :)

Jedimommy and Zannah--I did not know that about the hotel and that they had to mix the con people with the mundanes. If true that makes me a little more forgiving and more likely to have a party next year.

6. Jedimommy

Jedimommy Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    thanks for the welcome. Yeah I seemed to be noticeable this year. Hopefully the room issues are being fixed. I heard it was a boiler issue and that it was related to the fire that shut down the hotel and thus con last year. Cause when I heard that one tower was not in use because of a boiler problem I said great they are trying to get this hotel back together not have it fall apart again.

Hopefully my sources on the concom say the issues we had Saturday night will be addressed. From what I heard with the exception of Mags, 1/2 the con com was in the Jam session Saturday night, the other half was talking to the hotel staff about the issues with our parties being given headaches. So trust me the con com knows about the issue and was not happy about it. Word kept coming into those of us in the Jam session. I told, Jake and Polly about what I saw at the Star Wars party how it was not really loud and how security showed up and told us to quiet down. So they know we were not being loud/crazy and wild.

Jennifer

7. DarthNocturnus

DarthNocturnus Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2010
    I'm a little late posting on this. Sorry :( The Yoda Soda had me in a hot tub time machine the past few days. :p For its ally was the force(read alcohol) and a powerful ally it was! I want to sincerely send out a big Sith thank you to JediMika, Mr. and Mrs. respectively. That the most fun I have had at a con/party ever! I had a blast! Everyone was so friendly and I just can't say enough about how greatful I am to have everyone in the LGA as friends. The con was such a memorable experience. One I shall cherish forever. And btw, welcome back JediMommy! I remember talking to you! Well now that I have caught back up to speed, I wanted to share my favorite photo of the con.
    Even a Sith has to look good for the ladies:
    [image=http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy135/DarthNocturnus/Conglomeration%202010/PIMG4799.jpg]

8. Jedimommy

Jedimommy Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    DarthNocturnus--

I told you at the party I would be back, I kept my word. I love the picture. My friend Justin and I hope to make some of your get togethers. I know he enjoyed talking to you.

9. DarthNocturnus

Apr 12, 2010
    I really enjoyed talking to both of you too! Very interesting topics of discussion. I look foward to seeing you guys at our next meet up!

10. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Nocturnus! This is a terrific pic! Soooo domestic of you! LOL! I love it! I didn't see that one up on TDE site... they would love that one. By the way, your costume totally RAWKS OUT!! A Chiss turned to the Dark Side.... fabulous! [face_dancing]

11. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    WoW! Looks like you guys really had an amazing time! Mika sure knows how throw a Con party I see. And I am thoroughly impressed by everyone?s costumes that I?ve seen in these pictures. Congrats to Jammies on doing superb job at the panel! Glad to see the LGA completely rocked the Con!!!!

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    oh, and if no one minds, I will be playing with the photos in photoshop. No, you can't suggest what pics I use, or what I do with them. Except maybe Zannah.

13. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Maybe Zannah? tap-tap-tap.... [face_batting]

14. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    In my last post, please replace the word maybe with the word only. thank you

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It looks like they WILL be moving Conglomeration 2011 to a new hotel...

http://www.conglomeration.info/2010/06/because-you-demanded-it-conglomeration.html

"ConGlomeration fans: You spoke; we listened. The Convention Committee is in negotiations to secure a new, improved venue for ConGlomeration 2011. Our membership said loud and clear that ConGlomeration had outgrown our previous host organism. Thus, we have shed our old skin and are on the prowl for a fresh locale.

While we can't yet reveal the name and location of our new hotel, suffice it to say it will offer amenities and possibilities undreamt of in previous incarnations of ConGlomeration. This is just the first of many changes as ConComm works to make ConGlomeration 2011 a reality. Stay tuned."

Looks like the date for 2011 is April 22-24 Easter Weekend.

16. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Easter Weekend???? :oops: Are they serious??? o_O

Does anyone else see the problem with that decision? They must be trying to slit their own throats with that decision. They might as well have it on Christmas weekend. What are they thinking??? [face_thinking]

Even if your not a Christian, most people spend that Sunday with their families. At least I know that we won't be able to attend on an Easter Weekend. :(

Doing this on Easter Weekend is going to put a big damper on the turn out. At least I would think it would. [face_batting]

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well, there really aren't any good times. I think they've done Easter in the past. The problem is you're into Derby time. The weekend before that is Thunder and then you have all the Derby events. Remember there's not really much that goes on at Conglomeration on Sunday anyway and most of the people that go to it are local (or nearby) and they don't have to travel far for Easter with their families. They tried to move it to the Fall once but there's too much competition with GenCon and DragonCon being about the same time.

18. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    [face_thinking] Some very good points there Mika. Yea, upon reflection:

I left not long after the party was over, so by the time I got home, took care of our dogs, and got to bed, I was back up by 11:00pm anyway. I had already taken a shower before I left the hotel... I had to give myself time for any alcohol to decently leave the system. I could have made it to my Moms in plenty of time to spend a Sunday with the family. Yea... not a bad thing after all. [face_batting]

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    While we were enjoying ourselves in Orlando the Conglomeration staff announced the hotel for Conglom 2011 will be the Crowne Plaza (same place Wonderfest is at).

http://www.conglomeration.info/2010/08/message-about-new-2011-conglomeration.html

20. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Who all are going? Bane and I are up for it.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm going to try to be involved but if I counted my weekends right I think I'm working that weekend and since it's Easter I doubt I'll be able to get someone to trade with me.

22. DarthNocturnus

Apr 12, 2010
    I'll be there for sure. Last year was a blast! [face_skull]

23. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I sooo agree, it was loads of fun indeed. Maybe another Suite is in order... we'll talk at the Meet and Greet. [face_dancing]

24. DarthCyrin

DarthCyrin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2010
    Awesome this time I can actually be in on the Star Wars fun! [face_dancing]

25. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Like last time, I think I will come just for the party :) Maybe some more Yoda Soda too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.