main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Congratulations PunkJr (AKA Depot!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations to PunkJr! You are the new City Rep for the Seattle FanForce Chapter! I know you will do a fantastic job! Here is some generic info about what is required of a City Rep. I will be the RSA for WA state effective sometime this next week.

Congratulations! Here's what you need to know as far as becoming a City Rep:

Change your colors to the official City Rep colors (blue on transparent). This can be done through the new "Admin" link at the top of each page. Bold and/or italics are okay, underlines/overlines/strikethroughs are not.

Contact one of the FanForce Managers to receive a custom title, if you don't already have one.

Visit the FanForce City Reps forum -- I also recommend saving it to your favorites list.

Send the following information to your RSA: Chapter, Chapter Name, City Rep, City Rep Email, Website URL (if available), Forum URL.

The rest is something I copy-pasted from an advice thread I posted in the CR forum:

A few tips I have:

Start a mailing list. Yahoo Groups is good for that sort of thing.

Look at what other chapters have done as far as activities, and see which are the more successful activities. Use those ideas, or adapt them to your own area.

Look ahead in the calendar. There may be an upcoming movie, convention, concert, etc. that would require planning ahead.

Keep in mind that not all activities have to be SW-related. A canoe trip is just as good (if not better) an activity as simply watching a SW video, as far as getting to know people in your area.

Don't forget to ask your RSA for advice and to keep him/her updated on what is going on in your forum.

Advertise. Ask your RSA to post meeting notices on the FFN Main Page. Also, printing up a few flyers and leaving a stack in sollecting/comic book/movie rental stores can get people that wouldn't have known about the boards.

Have fun in your forum. This is a Golden Rule.

What are some of the "perks" about becoming official? Contact a Global Support Admin for any of the following:

You can customize your forum's board colors and banner.

You can have a custom icon for your FanForce chapter uploaded.

You can provide links to your group's website on both the regional listing and at the top of each page (replaces the "TFN FanForce" link currently at the top)

Extended edit time for your forums. You can change it from the default 90-minute edit time to three hours, 24 hours, or even unlimited time.

Automatic pruning of the topics in your forum is disabled.

Is your FF club having a meeting? Would you like it on the FanForce webpage? This info should be submitted by the CR for the chapter to his/her RSA.

Please send the RSA the information that you would like posted. Be sure to include:

Name of group or at least city
    When: date AND time
    Where: street address, and directions if needed.
    Don't give out the street address for in-home gatherings -- just an email contact.

2. Jawawawa

Jawawawa Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    Hail fellow well-met, Depot!

I've never been in this forum before, but if you're repping it, I personally think it's gonna be well-repped.

Congratulations!!

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Awesome! Congrats!!!!!!

4. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Hey wow, thanks!!

:D

I'm all giddy now.

This should be pretty cool!
    We've got quite a few things coming up, so it'll be nice to have more people involved through FanForce and the SSWS.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    PunkJr,

If you will notice your title of City Rep is reflected beneath your name. You have also been given access to the CR forum. Please check out the welcome thread I have posted for you on the CR messageboard here:

PunkJr Welcome thread

We need you to change your "Color" to standard blue (that is the CR color), I think it is Dark Blue right now.

If you need any help with anything please feel free to PM me, or email me at MaraJade@SanDiegoStarWars.com. Another way you can reach me is through AIM as MJadeFan.

6. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Congratulations Chancellor... er.... Representative Depot. ;-)

7. SeattleVader

SeattleVader Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    I vote for Depot!
    Oh wait! Am I too late?!
    Congrats!!!! :)
    *grin*

8. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I thought you guys were attached at the hip? Or is that an unrelated phenomena? ;)

Congratulations, Depot!!

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ I see you were able to register successfully Beth! :D

10. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    w00t w00t!! :D

I hope you'll let me hang around, dude ;)

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan, i just saw your post over at Communications and i just thought, what the heck, i better come over hear and congradulate PunkJr in person. Congrats. :)

12. JediCasi_Wan

JediCasi_Wan Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2001
    Congrats Depot. ROCK ON!!!

13. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Yes, Mara Jade, I'm not banned anymore! Wooo hooo! Let the havoc begin!!! :D

14. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Just wanted to offer my congratulations to Depot, that Punk! ;)

15. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Congrats!

JediFarfy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.