main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conventions in chicago

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Quin-Dara-Ken, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quin-Dara-Ken

Quin-Dara-Ken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Doea anybody know when the next sci-fi/Fantasy/SW convention will take place in chicago or in the chicago land area? unfortunately for me, being a college student means I cant afford going to another state for a convention.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, you just missed Wizard World, which was at the Rosemont Convention Center.

Next up is GenCon, which is in Milwaukee, but I don't know if that is too far for you. (Aug 8-10)

Nov 8-10 is Windy Con , and shortly after that is Film Con (no site available at the moment), which is held in Madison, WI in mid November.

Check back at the Chicago Boards for more info on the fall cons as the dates approach. ;)

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Gen Con isn't bad to get to. If you don't have a car, you can take a 2-hour (usually less) Greyhound bus for $23. The convention center is only a few blocks from the Milwaukee station. The dates of Gen Con are actually August 8-11. Don't miss the Costume Contest on Saturday featuring musical entertainment by The Great Luke Ski.

Windy Con is in Schaumburg, by the way while the dates for FilmCon are November 15-17.

If you're a Doctor Who fan, there is Chicago TARDIS 2002 in Arlington Heights. The dates for that are November 29-December 1. Check the Chicago TARDIS website.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.