main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Costuming ... That Right Big Kid Dress Up!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello EVERYONE!!

How goes? I have desided to state a new topic page for Costuming. Duhh......lol

As everyone know that's what I do. A long with a couple others of you out there. I think this will be a good place to post idea, comments, photos, pointer...ect.

So anything you have out there on doing costumes let's have it. This page will be open to ALL costumes as well not just Star Wars. So "YES" Brandon you can talk about your little pirate suit thing you have. lol [face_dancing]

So everyone... have fun. Please let me know if anyone ever has a questions on costuming as well. I have done just a few. :) now and can answer must questions. If I can't, I'm sure I can find someone that can.

Enjoy!
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    As most of you all know we'll be doing a vacum form press later this spring/summer. If everything works out well. lol We'll be making all kinda of GREAT stuff. We'll have more info to follow. We may even have a few pic's showing you how it going.

That should be fun!

If anyone out there has anything we can use to build this item please let us know. Items we are looking for? An old oven. That's right and old oven so we can gut the wires. lol

Anyone know anything about weilding? Just kidden' we're having that part done by the pro's. We are how ever looking for an old shop vac. We have one be donated but could use another. Let me know.

All so a gas powered generator? We need nothing fancy... just your basic. Anything we get is just stuff we do not have to buy. lol

So we'll keep you updated as we go.

SeeYa,
    TK

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's,

Here's one for you. Well maybe just Steve to start.lol Here's a little lesson in getting dressed. He does have a few good idea. Some thing I would not do. lol But it does give you a small look in to the furture .lol

Later,
    TK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7uD2V55LAg

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    So here the up date on the Bith suit I've been working on.

The mask ship on Tuesday. Hopefully well be here by the weekend. =D=

I have the jacket in hand and well be doing some of the work on it tomorrow. The boots and pants are all set. The hand and lens are set as well. If I have the time and can get the air brushing done in time I may have it all set to go for the FCBD. So we'll have another costume someone can try out if they'd like . lol

I'll post some pic as soon as I have them up. I'll be working on the horn for the suit tomorrow as well. That's what Brandon well be doing. lol He does not know that yet. lol He thinks he's coming over to work on the new troop suit. Which we'll be doing as well.

Later,
    TK

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Brandon...

Blaster...

Tomorrow...

Bring it...

Later...

TK...

6. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    TK, sorry I didn't make it over to Concord yesterday. I forgot that I told Tony that I would help him work on his basement and that I had a play-date with the kids. If you want to come over later today to check out my armor (which I'm a little worried about the quality of the molds), that would be fine with me. Since you wont' be here on Sunday, I'd even give you a sneak-peek at the secret project I'm working on....

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Sorry...

I'm a little late getting the message. lol I had the kids today and JJ was a little under the weather. lol Just ask John. :)

Witch by the he did make it over this afternoon. We really did not do any kinda work but...
    He did get to see were I'm at so far. lol Plus he got a sneek pick at my new model as well.

Shhhhhhhhh.....John. lol

Here a NEW video for you guy's as well. It well give you some idea what goes on in the Bucket. But trust me ... he is the basic. I'm sure much have seem in side mine so you'll be able to tell. But there are some good points to help you start out . Enjoy!

SeeYa,
    TK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69B7x1Pbi0

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Thanks to Brandon and TK for their help getting me started on my armor yesterday! hoepfully it won't be another month before I get to work on it again...

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm here every week night and on Saturday night and Sunday.

Just let me know when. I'll be working on mine as well. So the more the marrier!

SeeYa,
    TK

Hey just start thinking about how you want to put it together? Snaps, velcor, ect...

10. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I took a few new pics of Tara in her Padme costume. had some fun with photo shop too.

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/flightmech73/costuming/tararocky.jpg]
    [image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/flightmech73/costuming/tarainthedesert.jpg]
    [image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/flightmech73/costuming/hangardeadtara.jpg]
    [image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/flightmech73/costuming/shootin.jpg]

11. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Nice pics! I have "flat tummy envy"!! Now that vacation is over I want to start Zam. I have a bike helmet that looks similar to the shape of her's. I'll start there, and wait for some funds to buy fabric. Does anyone have the Dressing the Galaxy? Evey picture I look at appears different, especially the color. I finally got my bro on the Dented Helmet, and he's going to help me with the blaster and the rifle. His hobby is gunsmithing, and he's got some great ideas. Although a 5 foot steel rifle barrel might be a wee bit heavy....

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I would think some narrow PVC piping would work for the barrel. A little primer, paint, and weather, and you'd be all set without the weight of actual metal.

13. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    Brother brought me home a 50 cal shell for the blaster barrel. It matches up with the shape perfect. He's going to mark it and cut the top. We have a pretty good pic in the visual dictionary. Yah, I know the steel is out. He came up with another idea: the conduit tubes you would run wire through. We talked about pvc, too. He found the rifle stock in one of his catalogs, but I need to find a grip for the blaster.

14. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    The Princess armor got started this weekend. I made the ductape mannequin and drew out the shapes I wanted. The metal is waiting for me to feel a little less intimidated. How do you post pics? I tried a few different things, but couldn't figure it out.

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Easiest way is to sign up for a free account on a picture site like photobucket, upload the pics there and then you can use the image button here to post the pic. If you want, PM me and email your pic, and I can post it up for you.

16. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    Thanks, I think I've figured it out.[image=http://http://photobucket.com/PRINCESSVADER73]
    Yes, I decided not to let the metal stare me down all day, but the other pieces will have to wait. Can you believe my kids are hungry and expect me to cook when there is armor to be made....sheesh.

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow, looks like you're off to a really good start! I can't wait to see more!

18. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Hey glad to see your start. let me know how the duck tape thing works out. you can teach us a few things for when we do Tara's. I painted up my blaster this week. Its not quite finished but I will finish up and get some pics up.

19. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    Definitely recommend the mannequin. You can take all the measurements from it, instead of trying to do it on yourself. Plus it was fun! Just don't forget to lift and separate the girls, like a cross your heart bra. The first one we did looked more like a Ken doll, that is now Abby's armor/chrysalis/whatever. My brother felt a little self conscious about that part, so I had to do my chest myself first. You guys shouldn't have that problem though. Today I'm going to measure the "slope" and plot out a map on the metal. I can't wait to use my new hammer! They brought me this old anvil thing to bang on. No, it doesn't look like one from Bugs Bunny, I was a little disappointed. But the shiny hammer makes up for it.

20. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    Jake came home early today, so "we" got most of my armor shaped today. Chest, abdomen, and thighs. I posted the updates. I did try to do it myself, but decided to let the pro do it. He wants to do more, he already has ideas on how to do things better next time. Kind of like me with cakes....I guess we all have our "thing".

21. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    LOOKING GOOD! IMPRESIVEAND! AND METAL! VERY IMPRESIVE! YOU SHOULD BRING WHAT YOU HAVE TO THE NEXT MEETING TO SHOW IT OFF. AWESOME WORK!

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow, that's coming along great!

23. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    The hubby came home and painted one of the chest plates, and the seams are really noticeable. Is there anything in particular that I should use on it to try to smoothe it out? And, should it look perfectly smoothe or leave some of the hammer marks? My brother also brought home a hunk of steel from work. It has an interesting shape to it. He was thinking a piece of jetpack, but its a wee bit heavy for me, especially because of the metal armor. I posted the pics if anyone is curious. Told him to look for pieces that would make good gaunts.

24. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    I think that will be good like that. once you add different colors and chip off the paint down to metal and weather it it will look bad ass.

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I can't wait to check that costume out on the 22nd. It looks like it's really coming together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.