main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Costuming

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kanaloa, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    What's BSG?

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Battlestar Galactica. Have you seen the new one?

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    It rocks big time. :D

I was actually planning on doing the Uniform, not the dress one, the every day one. The Viper pilot was going to be a later project for me. But I have some REALLY good picuters of them if you want :D

4. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Honestly, when it comes to Galactica, I'm a purist and don't really care for the new show. I didn't care that they made Starbuck female, I just didn't like how they changed the main story line.

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
  6. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Don't get me wrong though, I love old BSG too. It would be so cool to have one of those light up helmets! Maybe we should do classic uniforms, those brown quilted ones with the cool straps. I wonder if that material would cost $27 a yard?

7. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    I'll see it at home. Work has it blocked.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I know a couple people that have old skool BSG uniforms. There's a pretty good set of resources over at A Site About Props for old skool BSG stuff.

They won't be cheap, though -- those jackets are made of suede, and the buckles are custom made brass.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Actually I don't think those jackets are suede... it'd be too expensive to do that for a tv show for all of the costumes.

It's very possible it's a pseudosuede or some kind of moleskin or velour. I'm still checking it out.

As for the buttons... you mean these??

10. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    oooooo, I like those. I might have to make the costume just so I can use those clasps.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oh, yes...I forgot -- that was the decade when wearing synthetic fabrics meant you were cool. I guess, I just know a couple of people that spent as much on their BSG outfits as most spend on a suit of armor. :eek: :-B

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... I understand wanting to spend a lot on a costume... but why make something out of silk velvet when it was only cotton velveteen??

13. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

We have some pics of the Boba Fett Armor on the Steel City boards. We can modify it to almost any style you want. I know my set is going to take some major modification. I never do anything easy.

Later Days...

14. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I cant wait til my republic commando armor arrives. In the mean time I think I am going to start working on a DC-17

15. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    No way, where'd you get the armor for the commando?

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Will definitely need to see the RC armor when it's in. Mando stuff was neat, but I'd probably go with Sintra so I don't have to worry about Isabel tackling me while in armor.

17. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    There is a guy on the republic commando boards on the clonetrooper site. I am getting full armor (very sweet),helmet and the full pack including electronics for 800.
    The armor is sweet, the only flaw/incorrect part is on the ab plate. He doesnt have the indention for the abs too well defined, or even here. Ill have to modify a bit.
    I get to choose my life level from the guy. going to do it grey canon til I get the 501st approval, then its going custom.

18. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    The pics of the armor look really nice. I would probably mod them a bit to have my own design, mainly just coloring.

19. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Im thinking when I do go custom there will be some blood spatter on it. A guy on CT has a a way of makinging look very real.

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Since I haven't had an ample amount of Star Wars craziness pushing me forward on my SW-related projects, my obsessions are drifting to other things -- namely back to gaming and anime. Right now the set of armor I want to do next is either a Tau Fire Warrior...

[image=http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tau/gaming/tactics/advanced/images/firewarriors580.jpg]

Or a Tau Stealth Suit (the guys in front)...

[image=http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tau/gaming/tactics/basics/images/XVs580.jpg]

21. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    WOW, you are just the right height to do the stealth guys!

and Im glad CRs can't ban.

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    but RSAs can be easily bribed.

23. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    and a twin can easily be mis-placed.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004