main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CR Election Thread - Update! - Results inside!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    as promised, i have ironed out the details of the CR election. i've spoken to strawbary and she has graciously agreed to be the neutral party in this process. i've drawn up a list of eligible voters, which is to follow. if you feel you've been left off the list, please PM me as soon as possible so i can add you. strawbary and i felt it was best to have a list so she could verify which votes counted. i based the list on who is active on the boards and at meets. i've tried my best to get everyone, but if i've missed anyone, again, please let me know.

PM your vote to strawbary. if there are any disputes, for whatever reason, a third party will step in to verify votes. if no such scenario arises, however, there will be no need for that.

the deadline for your vote is 11 pm eastern, friday september 10. 2004.

the nominees are:
    Sara (Sara Skywalker)
    Ed (DarthMoby)

finally, here is an alphabetical list of members who may vote. please, one vote per person.

-Raldayen-
    Darth-Seldon
    DarthLucanas
    DarthMoby
    idarii
    Jeffbacca
    MonaLeia
    Sara Skywalker
    starwarschick14

candidates, if you'd like to say a few words, here's the thread to do so. may the force be with you both!

(edited for typos)

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello,

First off, I would like to thank both Carrie and Sara for founding what has turned out to be a very successful Fan Force Chapter. Without their hard work, and dedication, Rhode Squadron would not be what it is today. To me Rhode Squadron has become more than a place to meet Star Wars fans. It, and its members, have become a part of my extended family. I never had intended for that to happen, it just did. I started off joining TFN for a party. Now I cannot imagine my life without TFN and the people who make up the Fan Forces, especailly Rhode Squadron, not being in my life. I seriously doubt that without leadership like Carrie's and Sara's, it would have been possible for that to happen. So again, Carrie and Sara, I say thanks. I have received so much from Rhode Squadron. Now I would like to give back and help Rhode Squadron. That is why I ask for your vote as City Rep. I want to help others as Rhode Squadron has helped me and believe I can do it.

I first came to theforce.net strictly to register for the Fan Force party at Celebration 2. I didn't know what a Fan Force was but I liked the idea of a party at C2. At that party I got my first look at various Fan Forces, Rebel Legion, and the 501st. What amazed me was how so many people were having a good time with each other and just talking. Sure, there was a fair share of banter regarding the upcoming movie, but mostly, the conversation was about each other and how their lives were. These people seemed to truly be friends. As a person with few friends, I was naturally drawn toward this. Just maybe, I thought, I too could make some friends as well as share my love of Star Wars. So I went home and lurked, and to make a long story short, I joined The Boston Rebels, and Rhode Squadron. It has been the dealings with these Fan Forces, and others like NJO, that have fostered my love of Star Wars, and more importantly have provided with friends that I am sure will last a lifetime.

Now, it is time for me to give back. I have been blessed with making several friends here. Non of that would have been possible without excellent leadership for Rhode Squadron. Look at other Fan Forces, read some of their posts. Sometimes you have to wonder why are these people even together, they sure don't seem to like each other. I watched Fan Forces fall from lack of interest, or because people just couldn't get along. We have been lucky, we have a group of people who genuinely care about one another and are interested in keep Rhode Squadron going. Not that we haven't ever had a disagreement or an issue pop up from time to time. What makes us different is we are able to resolve those issues, or if the issue cannot be resolved, we work around it as not to effect the entire group. An old saying comes to mind when I think of lucky. It is "Chance favors the prepared mind". I think it rang true with our current CR, and hope it rings true with her successor. As CR, I want to keep Rhode Squadron a family. But evey family needs to grow. I want Rhode Squadron to grow and prosper. I will do what is best for Rhode Squadron as decided by the members of Rhode Squadron, not by what I may personlly think is right. As CR, I believe in chance favors the prepared mind. I will work hard to make sure sissues that pop up are addressed and proactively stop other issues before they can arrise. Most importantly, I will help Rhode Sqadron grow yet keep its founding principles of friendship intact for the future. Please consider what I have said when you vote.

Finally, I would like to wish Sara good luck. No matter who you choose, Rhode Squadron will be the better for it. Win or loose, I will work hard to keep Rhode Squadron going. I am its friend for life and I know it will be mine.

Thank you.

P.S. Spelling has never been my best attributes. I think I cleared up my mistakes, but I'm sure I missed some. Please don't hold that against me. :)

3. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Ahem, is this thing on? (lame attempt at humor, forgive me)

I was hoping not to have to say so many words because I dislike writing long things...greatly, but I figured it would give me the chance to write what was on my mind going into this election and also to not feel outdone by Ed, j/k :p But anyway, here's my two cents.

I have seen this FanForce from the beginning, and I just have to say that it amazes me each and everytime. I was but a timid newbie on these boards when I sought out other Rhode Islanders who shared with me the same love for Star Wars. I met Carrie and then from there the Rhode Squadron was born. I'm amazed at how far we've come, how many people I've met through this wonderful group. I was hesitant about meeting people online, but you all showed me that it isn't something to worry about. I've made great friends here at the JC in general, but I have to say that the FanForce is special because they are people I know, that I have met outside of the wonderful world wide web. I remember the first meets and how cool it was. All in all this group has made my stay here at the JC worthwhile. I probably would have gotten sick of it far before now.

Carrie has been a wonderful leader. I feel that I should be open and honest and say that I was disappointed when I didn't get to be Chapter Representative the first time around, although all of you probably know that. However looking back on it I don't think I could have done the excellent job that Carrie did in getting this FanForce off the ground. I just have to give her a lot of credit for that. I know there were times it wasn't easy. Like Ed said before me, I've read other FanForce boards and there just doesn't seem to be as much holding them together. Rhode Island is small, and thus we have a small (but intimate) group of people. Even to have people come from other states to visit and join our meetings, that says a lot. This group has lead me beyond the horizons of Rhode Island as well. I will never forget that awesome trip to Long Island. I've always been impressed with what this FanForce has become and all it has to offer the Star Wars fan...not to mention we have the most awesome name of all.

To me this comes at kind of an inoppurtune moment. I have been absent from quite a few of the later meetings and I'm sure that doesn't give me the best image going into this election. I just want you all to know that if elected I will do all that I can to make sure that this FanForce continues to grow and prosper and go along as smoothly as it has. I'm glad to be given the chance to be CR for this fine group and I will not let you down. I will be sure to make it known that everyone has a voice in this group and that all ideas and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. This group is like a family to me. One that understands the allure Star Wars holds for me. And as such I would treat you all like family. This group gives me the chance to be free for once a month and just hang out and chill and be my dorky self without the holds of school or work on my mind. It truly is a wonderful thing to be a part of. I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Rhode Squadron FanForce.

Good Luck, Ed, and May the Force be With You. As you said, whoever is elected Rhode Squadron will continue to grow and prosper.

Thank You all

:)

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Good luck to you both!
    I have submitted my vote.

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I have voted as well.

6. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I voted also. May the best man..er..woman..umm..you know what I mean.

7. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    My vote has also been placed.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have been given carrie's permission to post in here who I have received votes from and the results. ;)

So here goes,
    I have received votes from the following people:

Darth-Seldon
    Jeffbacca
    starwarschick14
    Raldayen
    DarthLucanas
    idarii
    DarthMoby
    MonaLeia
    Sara Skywalker

Votes are tallied............ *drum roll* ........

And the winner is!

DarthMoby!!!!

Congrats and welcome aboard!!!

I will be talking to Idarii when to make the change over .
    Thanks to everyone who participated....... :)

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Congratulations Ed :)

10. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    congrats ed!! :)

11. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Congratulations Moby!

12. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Congrats Moby!!! *hugs you* I am SO happy for you!!!!

*hugs you more*

13. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Congrats to Moby!!

14. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks everyone! I will do my best not to let you down.

15. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    congrats man! :)

16. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Congrats, Ed! :)

17. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Way to go Ed!