main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CR Elections

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Alright everyone, between working full time, taking a full load of courses, and with all my roles with the 501st and University projects, I obviously don't have time to do everything I have been. I haven't been able to devote near enough time to this group in the past few months and I'd really rather have someone else in charge that can devote the kind of time required to planning meetings and making sure everything runs smoothly.

Therefore, I am opening elections for a new CR. We have a couple really good members here that I think would do a find job and I wouldn't feel right just appointing someone, so this is how it's going to work:

If you wish to run for CR post here and explain why you think you'd be the best choice. Tell us what you would like to see change with the group and how you plan to do it, and most importantly how much time you have to work on it. I don't want to pass the torch to someone that is really eager to be CR but has no time for it or it defeats the purpose.

The only posts here will be for those people running to explain themselves. I do not want to see any posts by members that are not running, things like "so and so is cool and should win blah blah blah". Let's keep this thread as clean as possible.

Members will have until this time next week, let's say October 2nd. Members will then have until the following week to place their votes and reasons for choosen their vote. I don't want to set up a poll, so in order to vote you must PM me with your person and reason. You are not allowed to vote for yourself (given the few members) and I will just assume that everyone that runs with a good reason is a vote for themselves. As CR I will only be casting my vote in the event of a tie breaker. Voting will close by noon on Sunday, October 9th.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

2. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Naturally, I would like to run for CR.

I am the longest running active member aside from Markus. Before I found out Daytona had a FanForce, I considered founding one myself, but I didn't have to. Currently, I am not in school, however I do have a part time job. I usually work 4-5 days a week, which really isn't a whole lot. I plan on going to school soon, but since I will probably quit my job to focus on school, I think I will still have the time. This will probably occur sometime in either spring or fall '06. I'm not really involved in anything else outside of work (and later on school), so I think that I can handle it.

As for things I'd like to change. . .I'd like to get more people involved, obviously. I have a couple of friends who are SW fans, but who so far have not come to a meeting or been on the board, but I think I could convince them eventually. I'd also like to maybe work on the website (if permissable) and am willing to host it off my current website and later off of my own domain which I will be purchasing in the very near future. I'd also like to maybe design some stuff and open a Cafepress store; you all will be able to purchase shirts and stickers and stuff and we can then use the money to fund events (like buying us pizza or something). This would also help advertise us.

Those are just a few of my thoughts.

[edited for typos and such >_<]

3. darthdemios

darthdemios Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    i nominate amiry

4. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    I would like to run for CR Elections.

I may not be the best member or the coolest or the smartest about starwar.
    as many of you know i havent even be around that long, I joined in Jan 05 when i moved down here i was looking foward to getting into another fanforce. When i found the daytona beach troopers i was very excited, and still am. Every where i go i talk about the daytona beach troopers and what we do (sure there are a lot of thing to work out) at the present time I am attending BDCC, I have a fairly fexable schedule and with no job at the time I will be able to do the duties of CR fairly well.

Things that i would like to change. one is the participation we have alot of members here and getting them all to come to a meeting is impossable with the monthly meeting. In addition to the monthly meeting I would like to have some meetings like a starwars christmas party and halloween party these are bigger events which in the past have worked fairly well. advertizing is second to none on my list this is becouse we are one of the smallest fan forces out there. I always carry the address bar info in my wallet to pass out to a new person and even passing out flyers at an event or even getting are name out there at public events would also help. The website is very important to all fanforces, and making sure that it is allways up to date is very important to me. this would help people who are interesed in joining know more about us and who to contact for more info. also i think there should be certificates for members who do outstanding things such as member of the month, member of the year, best recurting memeber. this would help boost the morale of the daytona beach troopers. thank you for taking your to to read this
    and for every one who is running "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU"

YOURS TRULY
    Terrence Jay Patterson (TJ)

5. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    i also nominate my coolest cousin eva TJ

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thank you for completely nullifying your post darthdemios.

The nominations are now closed. The two people running are Amiry and Sith_Patterson. Please PM with your vote and a bried explanation as to why you voted for them. Make it something I can handle, not "so and so is the coolest!"

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok folks, voting is now over and I must say, the reponses were overwhelming! :rolleyes:

With a 3-2 turnout (not a tiebreaker) the winner is Amy. Congratulations.

TJ, you have some really great ideas and a lot of energy, and both of you seem to be on the same page so I hope you both can work together on making this group great. When Jayna and I first started we set up a CR/co-CR system that worked well. I look forward to seeing the meetings from "the other side" ;)

8. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Whoah. I don't even know what to say. Wow. Yay. Man. I. . .need to work on some stuff now. LOL. I started planning out a sort of site plan. I think I'll do that first. ^-^

9. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    congrats on your victory, Amiry

10. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    CONGRATS Amy i am very happy for you i hope we can get some time to work together. sorry i didnt congrat u erlyer i was in miami.
    your buddy
    TJ

11. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks guys! :D

As soon as I finish this art piece I'm working on right now I'm going to sketch out some designs and work on a website layout.

12. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    congrats amy , sorry u didnt win cuz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.