main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Crackers Don't Matter: The Farscape Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 4, 2006.

1. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Chiana is quite ,,hungry,, isnt she?

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
  3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm encouraged that he likes Lone Wolf and Cub's take on bringing children into the action so much...

4. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Are we going too see Scorpius in the comics?
    I havent read them[face_cow]

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I hope so!!!!

We'll at least get a little bit of Harvey now and then, I hope...

6. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't think we'll be getting Harvey, unless Crichton flashes back to him.

I would think Scorpius would show up, since he's on the cover of #3. I'm hoping that's not a major fake out.

7. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    let me tell u something 'bout "Farscape". It is hands down (what ever this means)one of the best of "sci-fi" 2 have ever been created. The writing is what stood out...light years ahead. (I may continue this praise later on in the future).

I found FS by accident, one long-weekend due to a flu or cold. "Space" ran a 4 epis. marathon (last 4 shows), and i was utterly hooked. During the 90's, I was busy standing in line for Star Wars (prequels) and also didn't have cable. But when I saw it..I was living in a new city (2002) and felt a connection N' REALLLY related to "Crichton": A stranger n' a strange land. That christmas, I went 2 the local dvd/record/music store (HMV) & deliberately bought Seasons 2 & 4 (boxsets) since I knew that no one would buy them out of continuity....plus later I heard that season 1 wasn't that polished and never really pursued season 3. though.. in retrospect, it really spotlighted Aryrn's journey.

Wasn't 2 crazy 'bout "Peace Keeper Wars". I thought it was great 2 look @ but felt it was entirely "rushed". And finally it really reminded me of "star trek 2, when spock dies.

Looking 4ward 2 the comic book series by M.Waid's "Boom" publishing...since it is written by it's creator..(I even have a copy of the 1st. comic book incarnation)..it wasn't very good but art looks very close to the characters. As for the upcoming/recent comic book series...I hope it's faithful to it's fans much like "Buffy the Vampire" revamp by Dark Horse Comics

Like the saying goes..."You can never go home, again". ANd that's what Farscape was like....home.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Season 3 was my personal favorite season- it's really worth tracking down if you like FS and haven't seen it.

9. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Ditto.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, what really makes it stand out to me is how they shook up the format by having the crew get split up between Moya and Talyn, so you'd hop back and forth between the two plotlines throughout the season. Plus, Talyn and Crais were among my favorite parts on the show so that certaily helped ;)

The Infinite Possibilities and Into the Lion's Den multi-parters are easily among my favorite episodes too.

11. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Farscape #1 came out this week...coincedently I found "best of season #1 (3-discs) for $10.00.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a good 1st issue- it picks up immediately after Peacekeeper Wars. They go to Hyneria where Rygel predictably walks right into a trap believing it to be a group of loyalists that would help him reverse the coup. Meanwhile a mysterious entitty shadows Moya, John and Crichton. Chiana and Jothee screw a lot. ;)

13. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    Having been on vacation the last 2.5 weeks I downloaded the entire run of FS and the Peackeeper Wars. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised, I had managed to catch an episode here and there during it's orginal run but FS is not something you can land in the middle of and get. I enjoyed Black as Aeryn Sun alot more than her Vala character. All in all I would highly recommend this to anyone giving it a 9/10, Crichton's overly American, quote, slang, catch-phrase spouting got a bit annoying but they may be do wacthing so many episodes so quickly as this was not the only series I made it through.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I always thought Chrichton was like that because he was so lonely far from home, and he reacted by highlighting how strange and alone he was every chance he got.

15. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Could someone tell me how Rygels Hynerian arc ended?

I downloaded the first comic because i cant wreally buy in my contry.

I havent found the second.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The second issue isn't out yet.

17. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Oh sorry,then i guess i have too vait.

18. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Little bit ashamed too ask[face_shhh][face_praying]

Whwn is the next comic coming out?

19. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Came out February 4th. I actually like it better than the first, which I felt to be a little slow. Setup and all that.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My shop sold out before i could geta copy but they're doing reorders so I'll hopefully get it in a week or two.

21. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Thanks.

22. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Anyway, Boom! has released the B cover for #4 and #5, plus the two covers for #6. And they're doing a separate arc that will run concurrently with "Strange Detractors" that takes place during Season 3 and features D'Argo, "D'Argo's Lament". I'm wondering if I'll be able to afford to comics coming out at once given the ones I already buy.

23. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Chrichton doesent look too good in the suit.I wonder why the writers did such blasphemy.

24. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Maybe they were big fans of the Harvey scenes in "Promises".

25. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Yeah but he doesent look cool in the suit in the cover,unlike in the episode.