main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters - A young Obi-Wan fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Daphne, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    I seem to have this problem with my muse kicking my while I'm sleeping... and while I'm already working on big projects... so....

COMING SOON!

A young Obi-Wan fic.

This thread will present a scrapbook of Obi-Wan's childhood from age 2 to age 12.

Of course, my usual catch reamins... I'll post it IF people want to read it.

2. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes PLEASE! I'll read! Love the young Obi!

3. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    <<muffled sound of furious scurrying, the smell and aroma of popping corn kernals, the fizzz of carbonated drinks, the scraping sound of the legs of a chair being dragged across the floor>>

JediCandy plops into her chair, props her feet up and starts munching down popcorn and soda....."I'm ready and waiting...where's the story?"

4. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    *cocks an eyebrow when she hears that it's about young Obi-wan. Pushes over innocent bystanders in hurry to get through to learn more. realizes it hasn't started yet, she brings out her sleeping bag and food supply(last used in line at Phantom menace)and she waits patiently.

5. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Please post! I will read. I love stories about Obi-Wan.

6. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    POST! POST! POST!

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Of course I will read it!!!!

I LOVE LITTLE OBI TALES

8. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    PLEASE POST! I love stories about young Obi-wan.

9. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Awww...I love young Obi tales!

*settles in, eagerly awaiting the first post*

10. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    *sees thread about Young Obi and quickly neglects her own fic to read this one...*

Darn.. it hasn't started yet? Oh well.. might as well wait...

*settles in for the night*

11. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Due to the profound stress in my life right now - the other USJS will know what I'm talking about - the first post won't be up until either Tuesday night, or sometime Wednesday.

I did however, bring graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmellows for those of you camping out. SMORES!

12. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Since I have so many people who are apparently camping out for this thread, I thought I would post part of the first tale this afternoon. ENJOY!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Snuggles
    (part 1)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Daia carefully tucked the covers around the last of the initiates. It was such a peaceful feeling after a long day of caring for the young children.

Taking one last peek at the resident troublemaker, the young woman allowed herself a small smile. Sometimes, that boy makes me wish I'd become a knight or healer, but sometimes.... Well, maybe he'll grow up to behave and follow the code.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

Groggily opening her eyes, Daia caught the small hand before it could knock on her forhead one more time.

"Daa! Wakie! Birftay time!"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Don't you realize it's against the rules for you to leave your room without an adult?"

Looking at the cherubic face, Daia realized that perhaps that was the wrong approach for a two year old initiate.

Scanning throught a mental list of her charges, Daia couldn't think of a single birthday during this whole cycle. "Okay, Obi-Wan, whose birthday is it?"

"Mr. Snuggly has a birftay!"

Trying hard not to roll her eyes, Daia eyed the stuffed bantha the toddler clutched tightly. Patience is a Jedi virtue.

"What are we going to do for his birthday?"

Obi-Wan eyed the creche master with all the innocence, and all the determination, of a child, as she swung her legs out of bed.

"Birftay party for Mr. Snuggly."

Daia took him by the hand and lead him back to the creche with promises of a birthday party if only he would go back to sleep. The chrono on the wall told her it was still 3 standards before sunrise.

Obi-Wan looked up from his breakfast plate, just in time to see the small green Jedi enter the creche. He seemed to always be visiting the children. Daia sometimes wished all the masters could be as warm towards the initiates.

Before she could comment, however, she noticed a blur of white cloth and blond hair race past her and into the Council member with a cry of, "Matter Yody!"

The collision was unexpected, and the two went flying into one of the breakfast tables. Daia had to struggle to keep a straight face as she watched Obi-Wan sit up and turn to the Master, who now wore a bowl of porridge on his head, and invite him to Mr. Snuggles birthday party.

I think I've created a monster.

13. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Awww! This is soooo cute! Post more, and quick (please)!!

14. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Awwww, widdle Obi-Wan! He's so cute! *Makes those little Bambi eyes* Baby Obi's sooo cute! Coochy coochy coo!

Daphne, you have the Sleeping Muse Syndrome too? Yay! I thought I was the only one!

[This message has been edited by Jedi_Master_Insei (edited 05-16-2000).]

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    LOL That was just toooooo cute

I love the way he says birftay!!!!

I can't wait to here more Lil Obi stories, I can't seem to get enough of Obi as a toddler.

16. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    That was very cool, and extremely bizare....do some more!

17. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Nothing new mad.gif

18. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Happy Birthday to Mr. Snuggles
    (Part 2)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Daia glanced around the room before the little monster, er... uh... darling, spotted her. "Daa! Birftay cake!"

Sharing a look with Master Yoda, Daia glanced around at the room populated with various Knights and Padawans, as well as most of the inititates. How on earth did I get talked into a party for a stuffed bantha?

Kneeling next to Obi-Wan, Daia cut the cake. He's even got the cooks wrapped around his little finger. May the Force have mercy on his future master.

Watching in amusement as the toddler passed around the cake, she stiffled a laugh as he tripped, scrapping his knee... and landing a slice of cake in the face of one of the guests.

As Daia recognized the frosting covered face, she wondered how on earth Obi-Wan managed to get Master Jinn HERE of all places. Belatedly remembering that Master Jinn had given him the creature in the first place, Daia sat back to watch as Obi-Wan looked up and asked, "Paay Matter Jinn?"

After the last of the casualties was tucked in bed and their upset stomachs healed, Daia swore no more bantha birthday parties.

Venturing out of the creche and into the healer's, she spyied her young charge cowering from Healer An-Paj and the needle in his hand.

"NO! Healer baaad! Shot baaad!"

That was typical. The fact that Master Jinn was sitting with him was not. After stepping forward to take charge of Obi-Wan, Daia thought to ask how he'd ended up here.

Dryly Master Jinn remarked, "You know, someday he'll kill himself trying to tackle Yoda. The troll is more slippery than he looks." Then he turned and walked out the door.

Why do I get the feeling this isn't the last time he'll bring Obi-Wan to the Healer's?

Shrugging Daia hauled the boy back to his own bed.

19. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    What a wonderful peek into the past.
    That was so sweet.

20. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Young Obi-Wan is so adorable! This is a great story. Please post more.

21. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I hope Matter Jinn will pay with little Obi lots and lots, this is just toooooooooo darn cute for words.

MORE PLEASE!!!!

22. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Way cute!

23. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Very Cute!
    Please Post!

24. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    This is sooooo cute--i was saying "that" word--the word u say when reading lil obi stories--oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh---during the entire thing. Please post mowe, dedi dafni. pwwweeeeaaasse? fow wittle obi?

25. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.