main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Custom Mando getting started.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by flightmech73, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Damn it i did it again!!!!:_|

2. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    I looked at the armor ideas on DH. Are you planning on doing armor for Tara? Fem armor is going to be a challenge, but I definitely don't want to look like a little boy or like Barbie. Do you think I could get enough of a curve out of the Sterlite? I had to put Zam on the back burner. Way too hard to find all the materials and $$$ to do it right. The neoprene did me in.

3. Dizzygrl

Dizzygrl Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2008
    Well Brandon said that she is defanitly going to do a mando. So I guess that means yes. Eventually... The steralite trash cans were easy for me because I don't have those beautiful curves. Except when I did the cod piece It was really hard to shape. All I had to do was cut them out in a way that they'd fit my body. I have a piece of sheet metal that I'm going to tryout with the rest of my components I think. But TKs got that vacuform machine now. I think if I do Tara's Ill try the sheet metal. Its easy enough to shape. Other than the chest armor I think allot of the rest is the same. But I like the idea of having a 2 piece flight suit for you girls. I hope my ramblings help ya a bit. So I guess my short answer is try sheet metal.

4. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    I had the same thought about the sheet metal. The hubby's a coppersmith, so I know I have access to th tools. I loved that custom armor that looked like a blacksmith had done( can't remember the name custom Merc). I think I might do the duct tape dummy so I can get a good view of what I actually look like. Be nice to see the armor where it's supposed to be as you work on it. How's your's going? I couldn't see the pics on DH cuz I'm not signed up.

5. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    A coppersmith? Damn girl you have the best resource. I may hafta hit you up for some sheet metal. I found the piece i have in the trash. I don't really know where to get more. Plus i think its easier to paint. Just paint your colors then beat it up. You get the metal showing through. Allot easier than painting it to look like metal then weather it as you paint it. You can see my armor if you click on the photobucket in my signature. Then go to the costuming album. I have my Jedi costume in there too.

6. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    Already got him and my brother looking. His boss has the cobbler tools apparently as well. I told him that I want to pound it out. He'll completely take over and ruin my fun. I talked to him about scrap copper as well. Nice bright metal shining through the scratches. I'll share the wealth. Did you make some templates up, or did you get them off DH? Not sure about the helmet either. I'm only 5'1", so I think I might have to get a kids or make my own. Boba's helmet looks like an old military helmet w/ a shield wrapped around it. Looks doable. I'm going to check them out at Army Barracks

7. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    If he gets in the way just smack him with the hammer.:D J\K I printed out the WOF templates from DH. The beauty is they have it set up for allot of different sizes so you can find the right one for you. I think for the chest part you'd hafta draw out your own though. But the rest should work for ya. As for the helmet I'm going to get the mystery helmet from sgtfang on the DH. Theres allot of good buzz about it on the forum. Price ain't bad too. 120 bucks for the helmet. But ya gata get the range finder stalk and T vizer from another place.

8. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    There was a mystery helmet on ebay yesterday. Looked like it had the range finder. It was an unfinished kit and had a few pieces. Less than 120, too. They had 38S flightsuit, too. I don't think I'll find anything smaller out there. I'm going to cut it in half and make 2 pieces. Thanks again DH!!!

9. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    I HAVE BEEN SERCHING FOR PARTS AND ARMOR. FOUND LOT STUFF. THAT IS CHEEP$$$. I JUST NEED TO SAVE UP SOME MONEY. THE HELMET AND JET PACK IS WHAT GOING TO KILL US .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.