main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Customizing Group's first meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterDan, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    As mentioned at the last meeting, the first customizer's meeting(need a name here) will be held at my house on Saturday, February 23. Anyone that is interested, please PM me for directions.

We will begin about 1pm. If you have extra figures that you would like to use, please bring them. We do not have a specific figure that we will be working on this time, but any suggestions before the meeting are greatly appreciated. We will be showing techniques on how to make the customs. From there, we will start brainstorming what we would like to do for future gatherings.

We hope to have a good turn out, and as I said, everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there.

2. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm just beginning to get into customizing. I've done a few cards and even 2 nascar costoms for friends. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the meeting because I live so far away, but I wanted to suggest making a "Corvette Summer - Luke" figure. lol.

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    It will be lots of fun!
    I will start trying to come up with some names for the group and some logos.

4. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    I'll be there!! I'll try to bring some of my figures both old and from Ep I.

5. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Names:

Watto's Customs
    Imperial Collision and Repair
    Indy Customizing and Diaramas
    Parts n Pieces
    The Creature Shop
    Indy Customs Figures and Scenes

............ Ok the ball is rolling.

I, like Chad, would love to do some customs, but I am afraid the distance and meeting days would prevent it. Perhaps some instructional videos are in order?

6. JediMasterDan

Jun 12, 2001
    Xizor, JediMasterDan likes those names, but wants more ideas.

For those wanting to make the meeting, when PM'ing JediMasterDan, please send from where you will be departing so JediMasterDan can give the proper coordinates.

That is all.

7. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    Everyone who comes to the meeting will get an interactive CD-ROM that I put together about a year ago. It has all the stuff you need to know about customizing.
    I am planning to do a follow up CD when time permits.

The CD only works on regular PC Based Systems, NOT MAC's.

Here are some names:
    - Hoosier Junkyard's
    - Indy Custom Coalition
    - Indy Custom Systems
    - "Parts! You are parts, you are made from a bunch of freaking parts, so don't give me some sorry a** parts story." Too long! :)
    - Custom Club... I am out of ideas.

8. sidra

Feb 8, 2002
    I don't think I can make the meeting, but I would love a copy of the disc. Is that possible? Please PM me.

Watto's Garage
    Lobot's Ugnaughts
    Jawa trade center

I'm there to help make the video Xizor mentioned.

9. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Xizor Once again enjoys seeing JMD speaking in the third person as Xizor is want to do.

More names you say?.......

Parts? WE don't need no stinking parts. (probably too long also)

Fun With Figures
    Customizing, the other white meat
    Indy Customizers Association ( InCA)
    Knights of the Customizing Table
    Indy Toy Construction & Demolition ( add Inc. for a final touch)
    Boil and pop: Cooking for Customs

Xizor's mind is blank for now ( No Comments fro ANYONE!!!) Xizor will return with more as time permits

10. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    I will also be unable to join you at the meeting. Will someone be willing to post a few notes of what was done or discussed?

Nar Shadda Customizer's Guild
    Toys From the Dark Side
    Custom Heroes

11. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey I will be attending!!

With my schedule being like it is, I might be about an hour late or so. However, I do want to try and do some customizing. Yeah, that makes me a rookie. But I do have some great ideas and things I want to do. JedimasterDan, I will need directions coming from downtown.

PEACE

12. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    We need this thread to move up on top so people will see it. :0

So...
    Don't forget that this Saturday is the first Customizing Groups first meeting!!

Contact JediMasterDan for directions.

13. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I would be willing to come but I don't anything about customizing. Although I am intrigued by it. I will PM you JMD. Also what about IKC (Indy Knights Custom)Designs

14. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Indy Special Crap.

That's not really a suggestion for a name, but more an opinion on yer whole stinking city! [face_laugh] Ahhhhhhh......why am I the only one laughing? At least I crack myself up.

15. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    JediJeff13, bud we have got to get you a hobby. All you do is get on other peoples forums and rag on their citys. I have been to Chicago and it's not all that. NYC is much better! :p

16. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm in a goofy mood today, Skyla. I love Indy. I love Mnpls. I love South Bend. I love Orlando. I love Milwaukee. I love Toronto. I love London. I love Seattle. I love Atlanta.

Detroit still sucks, though.

17. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, one more thing - post pics of you can of any and all customizing done. I love seeing what other people can do with their skills, talents, ideas and a little bit of heated plastic.

18. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    What kind of car do you drive JediJeff? Think about that was it made in Detroit? Ok it isn't as great as Indy but it's still better then Chicago :p :p :p

19. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    You can check some of my stuff out at http://www.members.home.net/dsyczylo1/index.htm

20. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    How about Galactic Customs for a name? just my $.02

21. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I kinda like Xizors suggestion of Indy Customizers Association ( InCA)

22. sidra

Feb 8, 2002
    I like InCA as well... (that's if you don't choose one of mine) LOL!!!

23. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    Wal-Mart is Greenwood has the folowing figures. Lando, Jar Jar Binks, R4-Q9, Tessek, Obi-Wan Training Gear, Shmi Skywalker, Queen Amidala Decoy, Fx-7, Imperial Officer, Rebel Troopers.
    The pegs are overflowing with these figures. So if you need any better get down there and grab them up before they are all gone.

The Toys-R-Us has POTJ Tusken Raiders, Coruscant Guards, Porkins, Sebulba, Mas Ameeda, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sabe, Bespin Guard, Ketwol, Duros, and a few others.

The KB-ToyWorks by SOuther Plaza next to the Target has many E1 Deluxe figures and Darth Mauls for cheap prices.

Just thought I would let you know if case yo need some figures to do some customizing on.

24. JediMasterDan

Jun 12, 2001
    Just wanting to remind everyone that time is running out to contact me for directions before the meeting. Please PM me if you are interested in coming to the meeting on Saturday. I have gotten responses from about 7-8 people, but it is open to any and all that want to come.

25. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I think I'm going to try to make it... will you guys teach NQ and me to make "pretty queeny princess stuff" ?

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.