main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI CVI SW Trivia World Championships

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediJustin, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Who's in? :cool:

http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5203

"It was a smash hit at 2010's Celebration V and now event organiser Kevin Liell has announced the return of the Star Wars Trivia World Championships for Celebration VI in Orlando in August 2012.

So, want to pit your Star Wars knowledge against the very best the GFFA trivia world has to offer? Well, get yourselves over to the Star Wars Trivia World Championships Facebook page, sign up and follow them as the championship draws near."

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I want to do this! However, it is not clear whether I will be attending this Celebration or not.
    What if you don't do Facebook?

3. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    Yeah! I'm so in.Should be alot of fun.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm hoping to make it there this time around, didn't for CV, but participated in Kevin's trivia contest at the last Super Megafest in Massachusetts. The man puts on a good event!

5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I did make the trivia contest at CV, but I wasn't able to get a patch. I believe that at C6 the main emphasis may well be the Clone wars, with less emphasis on the movies. What do you think?

6. kevinliell

kevinliell Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    Sorry you didn't get a patch, but you can win one next week at the CVI SW Trivia World Championships facebook page. Next week we will have a short SW trivia contest withe the winner getting a CV Bossk patch and an original sketch card.
    Facebook page is here:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_128822123826283&ap=1

As for the contest's content, it will be mostly from the movies.

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Thanks for the information! I would very much like to partcipate again this time around.

8. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    Hello all, my name is Kevin Liell, I organized this event for Lucasfilm. I would love to hear your feedback from CV's Trivia contest and perhaps what you would like to see in the future. Remember this contest and all of C-VI is for you, the fan. Thanks

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Kevin - can you turn off the privacy settings on your CVI Facebook page so fans who do not have a FB account can still view it?

Thanks.

10. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    The Celebration VI Star Wars Trivia Contest Facebook page is open to all. We are holding a Trivia Contest right now; the winner will receive a CV Bossk patch and an original Yoda Sketch card. there will be more contest and more prizes in the coming months.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_128822123826283&ap=1

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Are you sure? I get the standard FB "You must log in to see this page" message each time I try to access the page.

12. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    I guess FB doesn't want people seeing the page unless they're or on facebook. I think someone needs to blow up their Death star.

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    What's wrong with you guys having AN ACTUAL WEBSITE? Facebook was CREATED to be EXCLUSIVE. Therefore, anything organized on Facebook excludes those who choose not to use it. You should be able to VIEW the page after some tricky maneuvering on Google, but you will not be able to post anything or to click anything or to USE ANYTHING ON THE PAGE if you do not have a Facebook. There is NO way to open a Facebook to the public, because that is not and destroys the point of Facebook and because A FACEBOOK PAGE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTION FOR A REAL WEBSITE!!!!!
    Registering a domain is, seriously, like, around $10. An public page means that more people will be able to participate. If you think about it, Facebook is always unfair to fans of any kind.

14. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    We have not planned on a website. Just so you know, to create a website we would have to get permission from the proper authorities at Lucasfilm, licensing and concept approval would also be needed and LFL would need to monitor the website. I would not want to deal with such issues.

15. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    The new logo for the Contest:
    [​IMG]

16. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Looks great! I'm excited to participate.

17. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I am still in doubt if I would participate :)

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hey, thanks for the T-shirt at New York Comic Con this past weekend. I feel special, being one of the first people to wear it. ;)

I'd like to compete at CVI, barring any schedule conflicts, though I know some who post on these boards are muuuuch more knowledgeable than I about the minutiae of Star Wars.

19. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    Congratulations on winning, you know your speeder bikes. I hope you can make it to our small conner at Celebration VI.