main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dancing Inside - Vignette Series (AU - L/M, Ben, OC) UPDATED Dec 19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 22, 2012.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    BG: Yeah, she?ll be able to communicate this way with everyone.

Misty: Beru is a girly girl. Yup, she can communicate with her daddy, and everyone else.

JM: Thanks.

taramidala: Thanks. I know Beru?s frustration all too well?.

Hazel: Yes it is.

Naboo: Thanks. I will add you.

J_L: Thanks, I am too.

ginchy: Thanks. It is tough for all the Skywalkers, but they are all strong.

Jade: I have a knack for younglings because I am one. I WILL NEVER GROW UP!!!

mavjade: Yeah, she is darn cute if I do say so myself. But it is frustrating for all involved, which I know first-hand.

CurtisZidaneZiraa: THANK YOU! I shall add you to this one and PM you when I come out with new stuff if that?s alright with you ;)

PM List
    On? Off? Just ask!:

Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    Mavjade
    Lady_Misty
    the-Naboo-council
    CurtisZidaneZiraa

2. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Baby-Girl Meets Ex-Girlfriend 2.0
    Timeframe: 36 ABY

Luke smiled as he felt the presence of his daughter approaching his office. The past few weeks had been even more hectic than normal. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant had been rebuilt and the Skywalkers had moved from Ossus to Coruscant.

Unfortunately, the temple wasn?t totally finished and their apartment inside the temple ? Luke and Mara figured it would just be easier to live in the temple ? was far from being complete.

His door opened and in entered Beru being pushed in her special hoverchair by Imy, a Togruta Jedi Knight in her mid-twenties. Imy was Beru?s day care-aide and personal tutor. She took care of Beru while Luke and Mara taught their classes and did their duties as a Master and Grand Master. She also taught Beru her basic studies since Beru was mentally able to get a normal education, but physically unable to be in a normal Coruscanti classroom. Imy had been a medic trained by Cilghal during the Yuuzhan Vong war, so Luke and Mara felt more than comfortable leaving Beru with Imy.

"Good afternoon you two, and why do I get the pleasure of this visit?" Luke greeted them, setting down his stylus.

Imy sighed. "Beru isn?t feeling well. She didn?t eat much of her lunch and she?s complaining of a migraine."

"Oh no," Luke heaved a sigh. When Beru got a migraine it was usually an indicator that she was not physically well at all. Like all Force-users, a migraine made it difficult for Beru to use the Force, which meant it was hard for her to communicate. He got out of his chair and knelt before Beru. He realized she was paler and droopier than normal. Her head flopped off of her headrest.

"Head up, honey," he said. When she didn?t lift her head, Luke helped her lift her head instead of insisting on doing it on her own. "Can you tell me what?s wrong?" he asked, pulling the tie out of her hair, releasing her blonde curls. Beru was wearing light brown leggings, a white blouse and a sage green sweater to match her green eyes.

My head hurts, my tummy hurts, I feel dizzy, I?m cold?.

Luke knew how much effort it was taking her to get the words to him. "It?s probably from all the paint fumes around here."

"I didn?t know what to do," Imy confessed. "I was just going to put her in her room in your apartment, like we used to do on Ossus, but there are construction crews in there."

"Ah, shavit, that?s right," Luke said, remembering there were people working on the apartment today. He turned to Beru. "If Mommy asks, I didn?t say that bad word." This made Beru crack a smile. He then looked at Imy. "You did the right thing ? bringing her to me. We?ll just cuddle on the couch here until the crew leaves the apartment. I?ll comm you tomorrow morning if she still isn?t feeling well."

"Are you sure? If you have work to do, I can bring her to my chambers to lie down," she offered.

"It?s fine. I started work early anyway, and I worked while I ate lunch. I had better take a break before I end up not feeling well too."

Imy nodded and patted Beru?s shoulder. "You get feeling better so we can finish our novel. I?ll see you once you are feeling better." She then left.

Luke pushed Beru over to the couch and started to undo her dozen belts and straps restraining her to her hoverchair. He slipped her shoes off her delicate feet.

"I?ll get you feeling better," he whispered so as to not agitate her migraine. He used the Force to turn off the lights and close the curtains. He took off his robe, boots and belt. Luke picked up his daughter and laid her on his chest and covered both their bodies with his robe.

He soothed her to sleep and he went into meditation.

A few minutes later, he felt his comm was going to ring, so he quickly clipped it off of his belt and answered it before it could make any noise. "Skywalker," he answered. "Speak softly, please," he said, making sure Beru stayed asleep.

"Master Skywalker, this is Apprentice Fabion at the greeting desk. There is a lady here to see you. She won?t give me her name, only that she is the brunette with the legs. Shoul

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Superb explanation of why Callista couldn't/now is starting to access the Force again.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] - Beru [face_mischief]

Sweetest line ever - d'awww! He loves Mara with both of their hearts. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I love the teasing and how Mara just knows she's I-T it - the only one - ever!

:D :D

[:D]

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I see that we got our wish: Beru throwing up on Callista. [face_laugh]

I'd think that Callista would be cut off from the Force because she stole someone else's body. Besides, the Vong's home world was the being that cut them off from the Force. If liking war too much was a factor in using the Force then the Sith wouldn't be able to use it. And maybe I am rambling about nothing.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004

How does it feel to want? You bodysnatching cradle robber! Yeah I would prefer to see Luke now also, but we don't always get what we want. I hope Beru gave her chicken pox. Does my adamant dislike of a fictional character seem...crazy? Meh! I don't care. I will never like the body snatcher.

6. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Dang! Callista just doesn't give up does she? But I think Beru's gotten the last word in that situation. Things sure will be awkward the more she hangs around though...

"It isn?t some love-crazed Jawa again, is it? Because that was a really mean joke Uncle Luke," Jacen answered.

That'd I would have loved to see!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Go Beru!!! Barf all over Callista and all of Luke's ex-girfriends. [face_laugh]

love-crazed Jawa You should write that one, it would be hilarious.

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Uh-oh, Lando had better watch out!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And Callie got what she deserved. [face_devil]

I love Luke's comments to her on Beru and his and Callie's relationship. [face_love] [face_love]

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Don't puke on Lando! Those capes are expensive!

10. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, barf on Lando and his overly flirtatious ways. And his ego. He is a good guy though. Keep going!

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Jade: thanks. I love their teasing too.

Misty: I know it doesn't make a ton of sense, but then again, what in SW ever does?

JL: I'll never like her either. I think you will like the last installment in the 'Callista arc'

book: yeah, things are going to be awkward, but let's just say, she won't be around for long...

Hazel: Beru would need a lot of barf to do that. 

Ginchy: yes, she did deserve it! I always wanted to see some sort of talk between Luke and Callista after he was married, just to set out that he did love Callie, but he loves Mara way more.

JM: I think Beru would actually like her Uncle Lando.

CZZ: as much as I love to hate on Lando, I do actually like his character.

On? Off? Just ask!:

Book-Geek
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    Mavjade
    Lady_Misty
    the-Naboo-council 
    CurtisZidaneZiraa

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Water-Baby
    Timeframe: 30 ABY (During SNASAHM)

A/N: I do have a vignette planned to bring some closure the ?Callista arc?, but several people here on the boards have had some really shavitty past few days (? or months), so I figured some baby-mush was needed. Also, sorry for the overused bodily fluid theme, but I needed some reason to get Luke shirtless :p This is the last time, I swear.

Luke entered the neonatal critical care room in the Jedi Academy and quickly walked over to his wife and kissed her.

"Hey," she said. "How?s Ben?" she asked. Luke had been gone about a half-hour to have a shower and shave, get his pajamas on and to put their almost 4-year-old son to bed.

"He?s good. He keeps asking when we are coming home with his baby sister," Luke said, stroking the tiny form crying on Mara?s chest. Beru was two days old today and Cilghal wanted to keep her until she was a week old. "How has this little one been?"

"Cilghal took her off her breathing medication for the day. She said she?ll put Beru back on it tomorrow morning."

"Beru will just love that," he groaned sarcastically.

"Cilghal also dropped off a pack of premie diapers and premie pajamas," Mara explained. Although Beru hadn?t been premature, she was small, so regular newborn diapers and clothes did not fit her. "She also dropped off a bottle of baby-wash and some towels. Should we attempt to bathe Beru?"

Luke picked up the bundle of screaming blankets. "Well, it?s not like it?ll make her even more upset than she already is.

"True," Mara said, getting up. Beru had been crying since she had been born.

Mara prepared the sink in the room while Luke convinced Artoo-Detoo to take holos of Beru?s first bath.

Once the sink had the right amount of water, Mara poured a tiny bit of calming serum in it.

Luke laid Beru down, unwrapped her blanket bundle and took her diaper off. He held her with a hand on her bum as he waited for Mara to finish getting the towels and baby-blankets.

Beru decided that was the right moment to pee. She peed all over Luke?s undertunic. Luke, sleep deprived, simply laughed.

"You know," he said, handing his daughter to Mara so he could take off his tunic. "They say you aren?t truly a father until you?re peed on," he chuckled, peeling off the wet tunic, revealing his muscular torso.

Mara smirked and enjoyed the view, hoping he wasn?t going to bother to get another tunic; after all, he had enough time to view her body over the past few days. "It?s better than what I had to go through to become a mother."

"True," Luke said. He then took Beru and kissed Mara on the cheek. He whispered in her ear, "Don?t worry, I won?t get another tunic."

"Stay out of my head, Skywalker," she playfully snapped.

"You like me there," Luke said, huskily.

Beru, growing cold and tired of her parents? banter, started to wail louder and flail her arms and kick her legs.

Luke smiled, kissed her forehead and put her in the sink, hoping she wouldn?t hate the water too much. He held her tiny form in his big hands so she wouldn?t get her face or tummy wet. After she was born, the healers had to take out the small bit of umbilical cord left in her to put tubes and wires into her. As a result, her belly button was abnormally deep and sensitive.

To both parents? surprise, Beru actually stopped crying. She kicked at the water twice, decided that she liked it and visibly relaxed in Luke?s hands.

"Oh, my Force. She actually can stop crying," Mara mumbled in relief.

"Wow," Luke said in awe.

Mara took one of the soft face-cloths and dipped it in the water. She poured baby-wash on it and began washing her daughter.

"Does that stuff work on hair as well? Because unlike Ben as a newborn, she actually has hair," Luke commented.

Mara checked the back of the bottle. "Yup," she said, gently rubbing the lathered cloth on Beru?s head, making her wispy blonde hair full of bubbles.

"You like that, don?t you?" he cooed to his daughter.

Beru looked up at her parents, and her expression said everything: ?I know I?m a pain because I?m in pain, but thank you so muc

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, Bri!!! [:D] :* :* :* [:D] Loved it very much! Such aa sweet family moment.

@};- [face_love]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I absolutely agree with Hazel. =D=

That was way past cute! :D :D Thanks for the warm snuggies.

Hugs!!!!

15. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Awwwww!!!![face_love] So sweet! So cute!=D=

16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    My Mom could sympathize with Luke and Mara; I cried from birth until about eighteen months. There was very little my Mom could do to stop my tears

I hated baths until my Mom taught me how to splash. She regretted it after I kept soaking her at bath time! :D

I think we all need some baby mush right now. I even wrote one for Valentine's Day.

17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh so sweet! :)

18. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Babymush! *swoons* So lovely. You never need a reason to get Luke shirtless.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very sweet family moments. Am I bad mom for not missing the diapers and crying?

I think I actually prefer the sacrastic preteen angst. My son said to me this morning. "Mom, I'm sorry for getting mad at you yesterday, but you bring so much stress on me."

I had to laugh. "If you cleaned up your mess when I asked you to, there would be no stress. There is stress because I tell you and tell you and tell you and finally I get mad and make you get off the video game and force you to clean up your mess and you are right, that IS stressful!"

I guess the quicker I realize it is ALL my fault, the less stressful my sons' lives will be.

I do like shirtless Luke.[face_batting]

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Guh. Shirtless Lukie rocking his baby girl. =P~ [face_love] [face_love] Good daddies are sexy. [face_blush]

I'm glad that Beru can get some relief in the bath. I hope the Force can help her, too. And that Luke and Mara can get some rest so that they can take care of their baby girl.

Wonderful update!!

21. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    So sweet! I loved it! I guess everybody should have parents like that - Luke and Mara are doing a great job.

Put me on the PM list, please?

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Catching up after not having the net...

Poor sick Beru. The other day I had the worst migraine I'd had in a long time, so I completely feel here pain there. Just trying to talk with one is bad enough but then to not be understood very well normally... I can't imagine. :(

Loved the baby mush! Luke is right, you're not a parent until you've been pee'd on. (I'm not a parent but it's been instilled in me since I was little that this was the case!

Wonderful updates!
    =D=

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010

Hazel: Thanks. 

Jade: Cute is what I aim for, so thank you so much!

book: Thank you!

Lady: I was a big cryer too. Sometimes the boards needs  mush.

Tara: thanks

CZZ: I agree :p

JL: Thanks. No, your not a bad mom, at least when they are preteens you can just ignore them when they are being whiny. I do love shirtless Luke too.

Ginchy: Thanks. Good daddies are sexy, especially when that daddy is a Skywalker!

Mondra: Thanks, I will add you.

mav: Urk. I hate migraines - I get them too. I just want to turn the world off when I get them.
    Thanks. It's a fact of fatherhood.

On? Off? Just ask!:

Book-Geek
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    mavjade
    Lady_Misty
    the-Naboo-council 
    CurtisZidaneZiraa
    Mondra

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Baby-Girl Meets Ex-Girlfriend III

Timeframe: 36 ABY (~3 months post 2.0)

A/N: I hadn?t really planned on another vignette with Callista, but I figured some closure was needed. Hopefully this will satisfy haters, lovers and everyone in-between.

Luke woke in the middle of the night to grunts of pain and frustration. He tapped on the light and rolled over to see Beru trying to scratch her mynock pox. Because her muscles would not coordinate, scratching involved her rubbing her closed fists over or near the area that was vexing her, which was causing painful friction burns since she was using the Force to aid her. She had come down with the childhood sickness a few days ago, so Ben and Mara had quickly packed up and left for a mission, not wanting to catch the virus themselves. Luke, who had a normal childhood, was immune because he had suffered through it at the age of ten. So here he was, with Beru in his bed on a pile of pillows.

"Stop, Baby-Girl," he said, catching and holding her fists. "Scratching is only going to make it itchier and hurt more."

Sorry, Daddy, she sent him. Thanks to the virus, she was not her typical bubbly self. She had a slight fever along with the pox.

"You didn?t do anything wrong," Luke assured her as he grabbed two bottles of cream off the nightstand. "Where does it itch?"

Beru did her best to point to her hip.

He pulled up her nightgown to reveal an angry red pox surrounded by a friction burn. Luke dabbed the first cream, an anti-itch cream, on the pox. "You need to wake me if you wake up, Beru," he explained as he squeezed out the second cream, a bacta treatment, on the burn and rubbed it all over. "That way I can put cream on you when the poxes start to itch." He capped the cream. "Does that feel better?"

She floppily nodded. Thanks Daddy. Can we snuggle? That might make me feel even better.[/b]

Luke chuckled. "Sure honey," he said, fixing her nightgown. He scooped her up in his arms and she laid her head on his chest.

That morning, Luke, in black sweat pants and a grey tunic, had Beru, still in her purple nightgown, in her hoverchair as he tried to feed her some graua for breakfast.

"Come on Beru, I know you aren?t that hungry, but just a few bites. It?s dorange flavoured, your favourite. For me? Please?" he practically begged.

Beru reluctantly opened her mouth and Luke spooned a bit of the sloppy warm cereal into her mouth.

"Good girl," he said with a smile as she closed her mouth and swallowed.

The door chime then sounded. "Come in, Jacen!" Luke called, wiping Beru?s mouth. She wasn?t the neatest eater, so he always had a warm cloth at hand when feeding her.

Jacen entered in brown Jedi robes. "Hey Beru, hey Uncle Luke," he greeted before turning to Luke. "Uh, Callista isn?t doing well." Callista had been working with Jacen to regain her Force abilities until her health had taken a sudden downturn a week ago. She, like Beru, had mynock pox. No one was sure who gave it to whom, but it was going around the entire temple. However, because of her advanced age, Callista had been admitted to the Halls of Healing by Jacen who was training to be a healer under Cilghal. "She has asked to see you. I can stay with Beru."

Luke let out a breath. "Beru? Do you mind if Jacen feeds you the rest of your breakfast. I?ll give you a bath once I come back"

Go say goodbye to your friend, she told him with wisdom beyond her years. Although Beru wasn?t a fan of Callista, she knew Callista was her daddy?s friend.

Luke nodded. "Don?t worry too much if she doesn?t eat," he told Jacen before he left.

Luke entered Callista?s healing room and felt her presence in the Force stronger than ever before.

She opened her blood-shot eyes and smiled. Her face, neck and arms were covered in the angry red pox. "Luke," she said weakly.

"Callie," he said with a sad smile. He sat at her side and took her hand. He had concentrated so much attention on Beru; he hadn?t been in to visit Callista.

"I know things have been awkward between us for the past few weeks, but thanks so

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awwww!

Poor Beru. I've had really bad eczema before so I know all about the oatmeal baths LOL

L/C =D= =D= very true-to-life and touching. @};-

Fave part:

"Jacen, when you are my age, you will understand why I am fine," he said softly. "I know who I love and no one that I love now died today."

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Luke takes the prize for saying sweet things.

Mara is blessed LOL