main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dancing Inside - Vignette Series (AU - L/M, Ben, OC) UPDATED Dec 19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Good thing Callista didn't ask for my help, I was going to smother her with a pillow. I shouldn't be so mean to her since my "Life Sucks" fic should have been subtitled: How I demonized the bodysnatcher".

I am so glad I never had any pox. I somehow avoided the chicken pox and have been immunized. That does not sound like fun. Poor Beru. Can you maybe make her better and have her parents bring her to Disneygalaxy.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I adore Luke's baby-girl! :*

I hope she feeoe better soon. I had chicken pox when I was very little so I have no memory of it.

You handled Callista very well.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A good way for Callista to go.

4. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Awww. A very peaceful way for her to go.

My fav part:

Daaaad. She whined. I?m six and a half. I?m not a baby anymore.

Luke gasped and glared at Jacen. "You corrupted her! You mischief maker. Out!"

PS. I got PMed twice for this update.

5. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

6. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Beru is so adorable... I liked how Callista became one with the Force - she was at peace with herself, and also Luke reacted very well. Is it just me or is Luke Beru's main caretaker? Or maybe I remember those Daddy/Baby-Girl bonding moments best, they're so cute. :D

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... a little girl is never too old to call her father daddy. I certainly still do. :)

I love that Luke helped Callista (because that is very Luke) but I'm glad he did not feel upset or guilty. His reaction was perfect.

I'm loving these little stories! Luke is such a wonderful, loving and caring father!

=D=

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010

Jade: Thanks. Luke does say the sweetest things.

JL: Yeah, it's a good thing she didn't ask for my help either. Chicken pox is NOT fun, but I have some fun for Beru in the next viggy.

Hazel: Thanks. I was a bit worried about people's reaction to Callista's death.

Lady: thanks

CZZ: if you got 2 PMs for this, it was because the boards glitched. They sometimes do that, so just ignore it.

book: thanks. That is my favourite part tooq

Mondra: thanks, I really struggled with killing Callista without being mean and Luke's reaction.

As you will see in the next viggy, both Luke and Mara share the responsibility of caring for Beru, I just like writing daughter/father moments.

mav: thanks. I really love writing these. It's a way to tell a story without really committing myself to a plot.

On? Off? Just ask!:

Book-Geek
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    mavjade
    Lady_Misty
    the-Naboo-council 
    CurtisZidaneZiraa
    Mondra

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010

Meeting the Naberrie Family
    Timeframe: 36ABY

Beru, her mynock pox healing and no-longer contagious, lay in her mommy?s lap.

Mara and Ben had come back from their mission this morning and now the family was enjoying some time together. Mara and Beru were on the couch, wrapped in blankets as Beru still had a mild fever, watching a holo while Luke and Ben were on the floor, updating Artoo-Detoo.

Their mission, which Saba Sebatyne, Leia and Han Solo, Corran Horn, and Kyle Katarn, joined them in, consisted of Raiding a Killik colony, killing two dark Jedi, and saving the thought long-dead Raynar Thul from the nest. It was a difficult mission, but with fore-planning aided by Lowbacca, Tahiri Veila and Zekk?s spying and infiltration skills, it was completely successful.

?Ah, kriff,? Luke muttered as he realized he made a mistake.

?Luke! Language,? Mara admonished him.

Ben looked up from his task. ?Don?t worry Mom. I didn?t hear Dad say that bad word.? He smiled cheekily.

Mara rolled her eyes. ?You heard him, didn?t you?? she asked Beru.

Beru simply gave her mother a coy smile and tried to cover her face with the pink quilt she was wrapped in. She would not betray her daddy or lie to her mommy.

?I knew I shouldn?t have left you alone with your father,? Mara muttered. ?He turned you against me.?

All attention was taken away from Luke?s potty-mouth when a hologram of a man and woman appeared out of Artoo-Detoo. Luke and Mara recognized the man as Anakin Skywalker, probably in his late teens or early twenties. He was holding the hands of a woman that oddly looked like Leia. A holy-man was standing behind them, announcing them husband and wife.

Luke?s eyes went wide with shock.

?Dad! You never told me Aunt Leia had another husband before Uncle Han,? Ben gasped. ?Is he the Isolder dude Uncle Han calls Prince Fancy-Pants??

Beru groaned at Ben?s idiocy.

?That is not your Aunt Leia,? Mara corrected her son. She then looked at Luke for confirmation. ?Right??

?No,? Luke shook his head, still in awe. ?I think that?s my mother.?

After a long interrogation session with Aretoo-Detoo, Luke finally had the name of his mother: Padmé Naberrie Amidala. He commed Leia, who was ecstatic. She recognized the name ?Naberrie?. It was that of one of her former colleagues in the Imperial Senate: Pooja Naberrie.

Many hours later, Luke got to talk to one of his mother?s relatives for the first time. All involved decided a family reunion was needed.

Three weeks later Luke found himself smiling as he lay in bed. Today he would get on the Millennium Falcon which would take him to meet his aunt, uncle and cousins he never knew he had just a month prior.

Beside him Mara groaned, rolled on top of him and pressed the alarm off. ?Good morning,? she mumbled, her lips descending on his. Her hair cascaded all around them.

He chuckled as they pulled apart. ?It?s always a good morning when I wake up to you.?

She quirked an eyebrow. ?You wanna give the kids fifteen more minutes of sleep, Mr. Skywalker??

?How do you propose we do that, Mrs. Skywalker?? he asked, nuzzling her neck.

?By getting distracted by each other?s bodies when we sanisteam together.?

Luke was up in an instant, dragging Mara to the ?fresher.

After their long, hot, steamy sanisteam, Luke and Mara got dressed.

?I?ll get Beru ready if you get Ben up,? Mara said, finishing the bun her hair was up in. She was wearing a light purple tunic and brown cargo pants.

?Why do I get the hard job?? Luke whined as he buckled his belt over his black tunic.

?Because, it?s your turn.? Both Beru and Ben despised mornings, especially early mornings like today, but with Beru, whoever got her up had to dress her anyway and she didn?t fight the process, unlike Ben who fought. And the earlier you got him up, the harder he fought. Mara smiled at her husband. ?Have fun.?

She headed out and into Beru?s room, or as the family called it, ?the pink princess palace?.  She knew better than to turn on the lights. To wake Beru up this e

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was a GREAT reunion! :D

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awwww, I love crafty Beru!!! [face_love] Such a sweetie!! And I love that they are getting to know the Naberries. Sola's reaction was so bittersweet. Excellent vig that brought a smile to my face!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the couple time ;) and the sweet playfulness and reunion/meeting for first time; there's such an ease and relaxedness among all of them. :)

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This chapter is totally wicked!!! [face_laugh]

Beru is a Skywalker/Jade she knows how to get revenge.

14. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Hehehehe, sneaky Beru...
    Mara really did a nice job waking her up. I remember when my mother used to wake me up, she'd just pull the curtains open and sing (terribly off-key, mind you) an old Polsih song "How swell it is to get up in the early morning".
    Loved the family reunion! Can I get some more of Naberrie/Solo/Skywalker bonding soon? :)

15. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Ha! There's the Jade-genes coming out in Beru![face_laugh]

Sweet reunion, and sweet family time! [face_love]

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice reunion. I know in the profics Luke finds out about his parents, but did he ever have any reunions with his family? I can't remember, but my memory sucks. I hate getting my kids up. Grumpy little boys. At least they never got carsick. But my younger son would get nose bleeds all the time. I would look back to him in his carseat and see him covered with blood and almost go off the road. ACK!

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Lovely reunion! I always wanted to see the two families together, HAVING FUN.

18. CurtisZidaneZiraa

Nov 18, 2010
    That's lovely. Most of the reunions I see in fics are strained or on the negative side. Then again, they tend to be before Luke and Leia have families of their own. Having kids around can really make a difference! Ryoo and Pooja, usually only one is married, maybe with a young child, but that's it. Lovely!

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] That Buru has a wicked streak to her. I like it! :D

So sweet! I love when Luke and Leia get to meet their family, it always warms my heart!

Another great update! =D=

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Fear not! With the move, this vignette series was not forgotten. I actually have a few updates written, but I want to wait until the editing titles, truncating and editing previous posts issues are sorted out, unless someone can convince me to post them anyways. :p

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Briannakin, :* I can't wait for those issues to be sorted either, so I can post stuff. :) Eagerly awaiting more cuteness on the Beru Skywalker front. She's definitely a trip with Callista.

It's buya time! [face_laughing]

22. CurtisZidaneZiraa

Nov 18, 2010
    Can't wait!!!

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Even though the truncating problem hasn’t been solved yet, I’m going to post the next vignette anyways. If you want me to send you the full previous posts if you are new, send me a PM.

I’m going to tag the people that were on the PM list. If you want to continue to be tagged (because I’m not doing PMs anymore) ask me.
    Jade_eyes Hazel mavjade Lady_Misty the-Naboo-council CurtisZidaneZiraa

Babysitter
    Timeframe: 35ABY

“But Dad!” Ben wined in perfect imitation of his father. “I’m nine and a half! I don’t need a babysitter! You guys are not even leaving the building.”

“Ben,” he said sternly, looking up from his work at the dining table. “You might be old enough to stay by yourself while your mother and I are in our council meeting but your sister is only five.”

The two Skywalker men had been having their argument for a while now as Luke did his paperwork while Ben did his homework. Luke and Mara were leaving in a few minutes to go to their Jedi council meeting. Usually, Mara stayed with the kids while Luke was at the meetings, but now she was a Jedi Master as well, so she was required to go to all the meetings.

Mara and Beru, who were on the floor of the living room - doing Beru’s stretches on a mat, looked at each other and rolled their eyes. Mara then picked up her daughter and put her on the couch. “Luke, why don’t we see if Ben is responsible enough to look after his sister? We’ll just be in the other wing of the academy and there is nothing too important planned for this meeting. We’ll be able to leave if anything goes wrong.”

Luke looked at his wife and sighed. “Fine, Ben, we will comm Mirax and ask her not to come. But if anything, and I mean ANYTHING, goes wrong, you will have a babysitter until you are 35.” He then began to pick up his things off the table.

Mara arranged pillows on the couch so that Beru was well supported and comfortable, then put a blanket on top of her and put the remote in her hands. “Ben, finish your homework. I am setting Beru up with a holomovie so she’ll be good until we get back, which will be in about an hour.”

Mara gave her daughter a quick kiss goodbye, and then she and Luke were off.

An hour later, Ben was done with his homework but their parents were not back yet. He walked in front of Beru. “Give me the remote,” he said. “X-Wing: The Next Generation is coming on.”

No. Mommy said I could watch my holo until she and Daddy came back, she replied.

“Well, they didn’t expect to be gone this long, so give it to me!” he shouted as he grabbed the remote. He grabbed it so fast that it surprised her, making her muscles clench. She had a firm grip around the remote now, not that she had any choice in the matter.

“Beru. Give it!’ Ben tried to yank, but Beru’s muscles were too tight. His hands slipped and he let go, causing the remote to spring back and hit Beru in the mouth, knocking out her two front teeth that were loose.

She started to cry, but stopped and started to gag. She was choking on her teeth. Her mouth was filling with blood and saliva.

Ben got extremely scared.

Luke was in the middle of stating why Jedi were needed to control the riots on Stewjon when he suddenly got up and ran out of the room without an explanation. Mara was right behind him.

The rest of the masters all looked at each other, confused.

Cilghal used reasoning and reached out to Ben and Beru. “Beru is in trouble,” she gasped, running after the two Skywalkers.

Luke reached their apartment first, with Mara hot on his heels. They took in the scene all at once. Beru was on the couch, gagging, turning blue and spitting blood. Ben was on the other side of the room, cowering in fear and panicking.

Luke reached out with the Force to dislodge the teeth from Beru’s throat as he ran to her side. He sat her up and helped her cough out the teeth and blood into Mara’s hand. When Cilghal entered, she knew what she needed to do and went off in search of the things she needed in the Skywalker’s kitchen and refresher.

“It’s fine Beru,” Luke soothed her as she started to cry again. “You’re fine.”

She continued to cry, spitting out more blood along with her tears.

Cilghal came back with flimsi-plast towel; a warm, wet rag; ice; and gauze. Mara got out of the way while Luke continued to hold and soothe Beru as Cilghal checked her to see if her mouth was okay.

“Everything looks alright,” the healer said as she continued to clean Beru up. “The two baby teeth were on their way out anyways so they came out, roots and all. Her mouth is going to bleed for a little while though.” She got Luke to hold the gauze onto Beru’s gums as the small girl continued to sob.

Luke then looked at Cilghal. “Do you mind holding her for a little while? Mara and I should go talk to Ben.” He tilted his head towards the hall where Ben had run off to.

Cilghal nodded, took Beru in her arms and sat down on the couch. The healer applied ice and fresh gauze to Beru’s mouth as Luke and Mara walked down the hall.

Should we do our good parent/bad parent routine? Luke asked Mara through their bond.

Sure, she responded. But I get to be the good parent this time.

Luke glared at her. “Fine,” he muttered out-loud.

They entered Ben’s room to find their son sitting on his bed, playing on his gameguy.

Mara sat on the edge of the bed while Luke leaned against the wall and crossed his arms.

“Ben?” Mara said, gently closing Ben’s hand-held game and taking it from him. “What happened with your sister while we were gone?”

Ben avoided looking at either parent. “I don’t know.”

Neither parent needed the Force to know their son was lying. “I think you do know,” Mara said softly. She was surprisingly good at the ‘good parent’ act. “Please don’t lie to us.”

“I was just finishing my homework. I don’t know what happened.”

“Ben,” Luke said, sternly. “Don’t lie to us. Beru couldn’t have done that kind of damage by herself. You were supposed to be looking after her. What happened?” he demanded.

Ben started to cry in his mother’s lap. “I’m sorry,” he sobbed. “I wanted the remote so I grabbed it but Beru wouldn’t let go. My hand slipped and the remote banged into her mouth.”

Luke nodded, then went to sit beside Mara. He rubbed Ben’s back. “We know you are sorry. It was an accident. Beru’s muscles probably tightened at the wrong moment.”

Ben wiped his eyes and looked up at his father. “Why do her muscles do that?”

Luke and Mara looked at each-other. They had told Ben about Beru’s Cerebral Palsy when he was about 5, but they had explained it in a way so that a 5 year old would understand it.

Luke shifted Ben so he was now sitting between his parents. “Well, Ben. You know your sister is special, right?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “She got sick while in mommy’s tummy. She has CP and a hoverchair. But why?”

“Beru didn’t exactly get sick when she was growing in my tummy,” Mara started to explain. “Her brain didn’t grow right. We don’t know why, but we love her just the same as you.”

“Oh,” Ben said. He then hung his head. “I know it’s not true, but sometimes it feels like you love her more than me.”

“Oh, Ben,” Luke said, wrapping his son in his arms. “That’s not true at all.”

“We know we might treat Beru a bit different, but that’s because Beru needs a lot more help than you. She is also younger,” Mara explained.

“I know,” Ben said solemnly.

“Ben, you love me and mom the same amount right?” Luke asked, trying to get his son to understand something.

Ben nodded.

“What things we do with you that show you that we love you?”

“Well, Mom and I make cookies together and you play smashball with me,” Ben answered his father.

Mara picked up on the lesson Luke was trying to teach Ben. “It’s the same for us with you and Beru. We show you that we love you by making cookies with you and playing smashball with you. We show your sister we love her by taking her swimming and cuddling with her. We help you both to your individual abilities. It just so happens that Beru needs a lot more help than you.”

Ben nodded, getting it.

Luke finished the lesson by saying; “You are going to make us very proud of you one day. But your sister is probably not going to achieve the same things that you will.” He then got up. “That being said, you are grounded. No holos for a week and you are doing the dishes every night for the next three days.”

Mara got up as well. “Now go apologise to your sister.”

Ben nodded, then walked out in front of his parents. They entered the living room and Ben walked up to his sister, who was starting to calm down. “I’m sorry for trying to steal the remote and for hurting you.” He then gave his sister a hug.

Both Luke and Mara smiled warmly.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- :D

Wonderful! Very real to life and I love L/M acting as a team and communicating their love to Ben; and I love how he got the point and apologized to his sister. :)

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am glad they were baby teeth. I cringed when I read her teeth were knocked out. That has to be a horrible thing for parents to see...all that blood. [face_nail_biting] Good thing they sensed Beru was in trouble. I like how great of parents Luke and Mara are with their kids.

That story sounds like everyday in my house. "Give me that!", "I want to watch something else!", "It's my turn to play PS3!" I don't know how many times I have been in the ER my two boys..and my youngest has CP, but it is mild so doesn't keep him from fighting with his brother. I never leave them alone together...NEVER!

Nice update!