main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Title: Star Wars: Dark Legacy
    Author(s): ImperialSolo
    Timeframe: 32 ABY
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, Leia, Han, Valin, Alema and a lot more... And we mean that! :p
    'Ships: A/T, J/T, K/J, L/H, Leia/mystery guy, Valin/Alema... Those are just a few that appear throughout the 'fic. If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
    Genre: AU (different Dark Empire outcome), action/adventure, romance, drama
    Summary: A Galaxy where the Empire is victorious. Lord Skywalker's fleet is mustering to wipe out the last resistance. Can two young lovers save the Rebellion from destruction?
    Other fanfic set in this AU: End of Hope - Or how the Empress became the Empress. Prequel.

PM List:

G__Anakin
    Ceillean
    Jaina_Solo_Goddess
    Kidan
    morrison85
    SithGirl132
    Durroness
    ccp
    darkjedileia
    Jedi_Perigrine
    smash128
    Jerisa_Skywalker
    Sticks
    Tahi
    THE_EVIL_CLIFFIE
    DantanaSkywalker
    DarthVetinari
    Methoz
    Inara
    goddess_sticks
    pregnantpadme
    thusspakezarathustra
    CelseteAntola

[blockquote][blockquote][hl=black]_[color=lightblue]A long time ago, in a Galaxy far,[/color]_[/hl]
    [hl=black]_[color=lightblue]far away... [/color]_[/hl]

[blockquote][hl=black]_[color=gold][b]STAR WARS: Dark Legacy [/b][/color]_[/hl][/blockquote][/blockquote]

[b]Twenty years have passed since the glorious GALACTIC EMPIRE destroyed the usurping New Republic, and drove the impudent remnants of the Great Rebellion into the far corners of the Galaxy. From the brilliant civilization of the Core to the darkest depths of the Unknown Regions, the forces of the Empire have now brought order and law to all known space.

Now, the final act of the Empire's conquest of the Galaxy begins. Led in person by LORD SKYWALKER, a mighty fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers is gathering to

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Interesting ...

Jacen SKYWALKER???

Very interesting. [face_thinking]

Looking forward to reading more!

3. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    No, Leia did not marry Luke here. ;)

They are just honoring the legacy? :p

Thanks for reading and replying! :D

More should be coming in the next few days.
    It will explore Jacen's and Tahiri's relationship a bit more, as well as introduce us to this AU's Jaina and Kyp Durron.

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! This looks really good! Do you mind PMing me with updates?:)

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Jacen Skywalker? Now I wonder how that works. [face_thinking]
    Great start. And I'm really looking forward to your AU Kyp. :p

Could you please PM me when you update?

=D=

6. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    The yeoman supervising the food counter was young, pretty, and fair-haired, with a bright smile beneath her uniform cap, and a slim figure that not even an Imperial jumpsuit could hide.

She also seemed really pleased to be serving the leader of the legendary Saber Squadron.

?Is that everything, Commander Durron??

?That?ll do for now,? Kyp grinned back at her, then lifted his tray from the counter, and turned away with a spring in his step.

The pilots? mess was busy, but he scanned the room quickly, and smiled as he picked out target. Saber Eleven was sitting alone at a table near the entrance?leaning forward over her food, shoulders slightly hunched. She had the look about her of a girl who?d been stood up by someone.

Grinning silently, he walked up behind her. ?Hey, Sticks??

She turned, and greeted him with an annoyed sigh. ?What do you want?? Off-duty, she wasn?t even bothering to feign respect?but that wasn?t necessarily a bad thing at all.

?Lunch with you,? he answered, sitting down opposite her.

She responded with a fake smile. ?I?m meeting someone for lunch already, so if you wouldn?t mind...?

She tried to wave him away with a dismissive hand gesture.

Kyp just grinned, and leaned forward towards her. ?Tell me more? As your squadron leader, I do have a duty to monitor my pilots? off-duty relationships, you know??

She scowled back. ?It?s my brother and his girlfriend, if you need to know that desperately.?

He raised his eyebrows, and offered her a dangerous smile. ?Oh? I think Commander Skywalker and Lieutenant Veila were delayed in a briefing.? He picked up his fork, and attacked his salad. ?I hope you don?t mind if I wait, though.? His eyes flashed up to fix on hers. ?I wanted to see Jacen anyway.?

She blinked. ?But you know Jacen?s not going to be here!?

?True. But I saw you sitting alone?a beautiful girl in need of cheering up.?

?You mean you?re through with the rest of the squadron?? She narrowed her eyes at him. ?Or did you accidentally snap your latest conquest?s neck again??

Kyp just smiled quietly, pushing away his anger. ?Are you saying you don?t think you could handle me, Lieutenant Skywalker??

That had the desired effect ?That?s not what I said!?

?I know, Princess, but you?re lying. You want me. We both know it.? He leaned right forward. ?It?s not exactly secret, you know??

She rolled her eyes ?How drunk are you??

?Deadly sober.?

?I know you?re deadly. But sober? I doubt it.?

And she laughs at my jokes, too.

?I like you, Lieutenant. Is that a problem for you??

?Not as long as you like me from a distance. I don?t want to end up like some of the other girls...?

Jaina frowned, and gave him a genuine warning look.

He grinned back, impressed.

?Maybe I want someone who can keep up with me?? he asked

?Well, good luck. Let me know if you find someone who wants to try.?

?You?re backing down from the challenge??

?You?re not a challenge, just an inconvenience.?

?Well, then. How do you plan to deal with me??

She ignored him. ?Besides, it?s not a good idea to start something with a superior officer?as I?m sure that girl who flew with us for a couple of weeks before you got your hands on her could tell us.?

Defensive, Kyp thought, grinning. ?Would you rather I transferred you to Commander Fel?s squadron??

?I?d rather have a squadron of my own,? she began. ?And I would if the Empire wasn?t as....?

She shut up suddenly, gulping as if she?d just swallowed a credit chip. Kyp wasn?t sure if she regretted the outburst itself, or just didn?t want to get lured into an argument

Either way, it still left her open to attack.

?Perhaps you should take that up with your mother, Princess??

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself?but she couldn?t quite keep the sarcasm out of her voice. ?I will, thank you.?

?Do that,? he grinned, watching as she brushed her hair back behind her ear. She looked even prettier when she was flustered, like she did now. ?How?s the pudding??

She rolled her eyes

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh, your Kyp is so great!!! =D= [face_love] Commander Durron. [face_love]
    I love him already. Minus the player part. :p

The banter between Jaina and Kyp was funny. Kyp can be such an ass.
    You did great with those two.

?You mean you?re through with the rest of the squadron?? She narrowed her eyes at him. ?Or did you accidentally snap your latest conquest?s neck again??

Hello. Definately a ladies man, huh?

Great update! Thanks for the PM, by the way!

=D= =D=

8. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!:)

9. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Amen!

Although I did get a little overexcited when you said you were going to introduce us to "Jaina and Kyp Durron" :(

This is so fascinating. I wonder how Leia managed to have Anakin stay with her while Luke got custody (I'm assuming, anyway) of Jacen and Jaina. Or were the kids all old enough to decide for themselves?

Jaina and Jacen Skywalker... Nah, they should better as Solos ;)

Anyway, you did a great job with this. It's well-written and fascinating. =D= Please PM me when you update!

10. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    The next day?

Jacen Skywalker slotted his code cylinder into the lock of Tahiri?s quarters, and smiled as the door slid open to admit him.

As a stormtrooper, she should really have been living in a bunkroom, but he?d assigned her these quarters when she arrived aboard: a basic crewman?s cabin, rather than an officer?s suite, but even that was generous enough aboard a Star Destroyer, and it gave them the privacy he wanted.

Normally, she would have been ready for him the moment he arrived, already standing at attention when he walked through the door. Today, though, she was still laying down a reader on the couch?pre-planning documents for her mission, he supposed.

It took an extra moment before Stormtrooper TS-201 was ready for her commanding officer?s inspection.

He grinned all the same, looking her up and down quickly. She always looked good in uniform.

?Lieutenant,? he nodded. ?At ease.?

?Sir.? An uncharacteristic flicker of nervous crossed her face. Jacen wondered if she had sensed his thoughts, through the bond between them in the Force. It wasn?t unreasonable, but he pretended not to consider that as an option.

There was her distracted behavior when he arrived to think about, after all.

?Pre-mission nerves?? he asked instead. ?It happens.?

She frowned ?That?s very... understanding of you...?

He chuckled quietly to himself, and looked at her some more?smiling, walking up close to her. ?I can think of something that might help, Lieutenant.?

For a moment, he considered disciplining her for her lack of focus. She responded well to a little physical punishment. But instead, he reached up, and stroked the soft curve of her cheek with his knuckles, smiling at her. Then he leaned in, and kissed her.

?I have to prepare for the mission,? she said, pushing him gently away.

Jacen stepped back, still smiling. ?I know.? That should be enough. Now to see if it had worked. ?Have you selected your disguise yet? I'd like to see it.?

She looked back at him, unsmiling. ?Why? Do you need to approve? See if it?s slutty enough for a Tatooine whore??

Jacen?s eyes flashed?as much in surprise as in anger. But he didn?t lose control.

?Getting in character already, Lieutenant Veila?? he asked, allowing a little cold anger to creep into his tone. ?You are an officer of the Imperial military, and you should show respect to your superiors.?

Tahiri clenched her jaw. ?So this is a purely official visit?? She straightened her back, and dropped the last hint of emotion from her tone. ?I?ll be glad to show you the choices made for me, sir.?

He answered with a precise nod of approval, hiding his grin. ?Better, Lieutenant. Lead the way.?

But when he gestured for her to lead, he made sure his fingers brushed gently across her hip.

She turned back, and shot him a dirty look, then faced front, and walked briskly through into her sleeping cabin.

Jacen followed, admiring the military sway of her tight butt, and waited while she opened the closet. He leaned in, and looked at the costumes hanging on the racks beside her uniform.

She said nothing?did nothing.

Then he pulled back out of the cupboard, glanced at her, and lifted an eyebrow. ?I take it that you?re not offering to show yourself to me in disguise??

Her expression was unreadable. ?Is that necessary? Sir.?

?It shouldn?t just be the Rebs who get the pleasure of seeing you out of uniform.? Smirking, he folded his arms across his chest. ?Strip, first, Lieutenant....?

Jaina was annoyed at Jacen again.

It wasn't just that he?d stood her up for the second day in a row, or even that Kyp had decided to come over and annoy her again.

?Typical,? she said, glancing at Kyp and playing him for a reaction. She would be surprised if he didn?t agree that her brother had a couple of annoying traits, and she was hoping to use that.

Kyp looked back at her, trying to at least give the impression that he was thinking about her feelings. It still felt like most of his mind was focused on the way she looked, though. His r

11. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!:D

12. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Wow! This looks great so far! Can I have a PM, please? But "the less talented Skywalker twin"...I thought they both had equal force talent or something...:confused: Ah, well. I'm sure it will be the same.

I hope to be able to read an update soon!

~Jaina

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I like! Although I find Jacen very creepy right now.
    Kyp's great, though! I wonder when Jaina will cave...[face_thinking] Pretty sure she will.

Great job!
    =D=

Thanks for the PM!

14. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    :D I hope you're not going to change your mind when he shows his darker side, though. [face_mischief]

o_O :p

Thank you! [face_blush] :D

He never seemed to get any in canon, so I thought I could change that. :p

Oh, you're welcome. I'm the one who's grateful for you reading and replying. :)

Hey, it's Jacen! :p
    Seriously though, this just scratched the surface. He's gonna get even more creepy, so I hope you can handle it. [face_worried]

[face_whistling]

Thanks for reading! :D

[face_laugh] Sorry! I hadn't realized it could be read that way. [:D]
    But hey, who knows what the future will bring? ;)

Interesting point. :D Some of that will be adressed in the future. I can tell you that the kids were not old enough to make the decission... [face_whistling]

I don't know. Jacen never seemed to be a real Solo. ;)

Thank you and I will. :D

This was Jaina's POV of herself and her twin, so it's probably biased. ;)
    She chose to concentrate on her piloting skills here and may not realize her full potential yet.

Again, thanks for reading everyone! I really appreciate the comments. [:D]

Next update tomorrow, hopefully.

15. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    Interesting. I can't wqit to see how this pans out, still trying to work out who is on wht side though.

16. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow... I meant to say their names sound better as Solos.

Sure, when Jaina spoke to Tahiri, the cute little stormtrooper sounded like she genuinely loved Jacen, but that didn?t mean that Jacen?s emotions were as sincere, and right now, Tahiri didn?t feel like she was much in love, either.... She tried not to look like she cared, but she really wanted Kyp to do this. She didn?t want to be the one who Jacen was annoyed by, not again.

Hmm...that's very interesting. I wonder if Tahiri really loves Jacen, and what Jaina did before to make Jacen upset with her.

17. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    hmm...this is interesting... and I can't wait to see where you're heading with it. Is there a pm list? if so, can I get on it?

18. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Well, the four people introduced until now are all Imperials. So is Luke, kinda. :p Anakin is with the Rebel Alliance.

Should I post a Dramatis Personae or would that spoil the surprises? ;)

Sure it's not just that we're used to that? ;)

Tahiri has been trained to love Jacen. Whether she really does... I'll let everyone make their own assumptions for now. :p

Jaina and Jacen have a... complicated relationship here... [face_worried]

Thanks for reading! Sure I'll PM you. :)

[b]Now the Update:[/b]

Jacen grinned, kissed Tahiri?s face, and pushed her out of his embrace?back towards the bed.

?Jacen,? she protested, catching herself, and trying to walk away. ?We don't have time for this.?

He grabbed her arms, and dragged her towards the bed again. ?I say we do!?

?Is that an order, too?? She snarled at him, eyes narrowed.

In answer, he pushed her back onto the mattress, and landed hard on top of her, kneeing her legs sharply out to either side

?It shouldn't need to be.? He shook his head, resisting her attempts to push him off.

?You should behave responsibly, sir.?

He pushed a kiss onto her lips. ?You don't encourage responsible behavior, Tahiri.?

She turned her head to the side, trying to avoid the kiss. ?Of course I do. I was doing what you wanted me to....?

He looked at her oddly. His whole body felt tense. Then he leaned in, and dropped a gentle kiss beside her ear. ?Hey,? he whispered. ?What's up??

She tensed. A quiet, rational voice inside her head asked why she was acting like this. She tried to tell herself it was her stormtrooper training, her need for mission focus?but she knew that was just an excuse.

She never normally had any problem in responding to Jacen's feelings for her.

?Get off me!? she yelled, wrenching an arm free of his hold, and scratching his cheek, drawing blood.

Jacen grinned for a moment, and then his expression hardened, like he?d dropped a blast-shield on his soul.

He slapped her across the face, as hard and fast as a knife. She gasped in angry outrage, but he just grabbed her by the hair, and twisted her head back until she gasped again in pain.

He didn?t do anything more. He just pressed down on top of her, breathing deeply.

?Sir.? She tried reason one last time. ?I doubt your superiors would be happy with us delaying the mission.?

He gave her a nasty grin. ?Who are you worried about? Harrsk? Pellaeon? Kermen?? A nasty laugh. ?The Empress isn?t going to have a problem with my decisions.?

?I would have a problem with it. I'm not in the mood.? She gave him a hard look back.

[i]What the kriff are you doing, TS-201?![/i] she asked herself.

In reply, he kissed her gently again. She wished he wouldn?t do that.

?Not true,? he whispered. ?Now, shh....?

Another kiss, his desire rolling over her like surf on a warm beach. Then he paused, waiting for her to respond, trying to read her feelings in the Force.

She winced, and stared at him. She felt scared - scared of Jacen, but more scared by the fact that she [i]was[/i] scared?scared because she couldn't connect to him today, couldn't love him back.

She took a deep breath.

And then she Force-pushed him off her?and threw him hard towards the wall.

She rose quickly, standing up?and watched as Jacen cushioned the impact, landing on his feet.

?Well.? Jacen actually sounded [i]impressed[/i]. ?That does rather make your intentions clear, Tee-Ess Two-Oh-One.?

He took a step towards her, looking dangerous and deadly. She br

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Uh...[face_plain]
    What in the Nine Corellian Hells is wrong with Jacen? And Tahiri? To go along with his games like that?

You were right, he's getting creepier.

More please!

20. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
  21. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Jacen is...creepy. No wonder Jaina doesn't want to be the one who annoys him...again...although she probably doesn't get as hurt as Tahiri did in this scene. I hope she's alright! Thanks for the fantabulous update!

~Jaina

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I mean I figured Jacen might be dark or evil or at least questionable since Luke is Lord Skywalker (thus i am thinking dark too) and he raised him....but THAT! Jacen was so manipulative and abusive to her. Wow, he was a jerk, but you wrote him well. He was all over the place.

I like your evil Jacen! Can't wait until Anakin beats the sith out of him!!! [face_dancing]

23. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    *shudders*

Jacen should be Darth Sadist (hmm, Caedus does kind of sound like that...)

*shudders again*

Jacen really scares me. [face_worried] Poor Tahiri!

24. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Jacen is someone who's become lost by (a.) being trained to accomplish things through power and threats as an Imperial officer, and anger as a Force-user, and (b.) never developing full control/understanding of his own desires because of parental indulgence. ;)
    Tahiri is going along with it because she's been trained to do that for years. :(

:eek: More creepy Jacen?! [face_laugh] ;)

Right? :eek: :p

I wouldn't be so sure that Jaina is safer than Tahiri... [face_worried]

Thanks for reading. :)

Thanks, I guess? :p
    Minor correction: Lord Skywalker is meant to be Jacen. Luke is... ah... busy with something else. :p

May take a while... [face_whistling]

Yeah, Jacen is evil. I hope that's been made clear? ;)

Or... Is he just misguided? :eek: :p

Big thanks to [b]MarasFire[/b] for beta'ing this! :D

[b]Update:[/b]

Kyp smirked back at Jaina. ?He?s not picking up.?

Jaina looked irritated. ?Try harder,? she suggested.

?With you or him??

She rolled her eyes. ?I just have a feeling that we should get him away from there.?

"Oh, yeah?"

The expression he gave her was insufferable?at once sincerely compassionate and obnoxiously superior.

She glared at him, clenching her fists under the table. ?You know what? Forget it!?

Jaina stood up sharply, gave him the most perfunctory of salutes, then turned on her heels, and headed for the corridor. Behind her, his chair crashed to the ground as he spun to his feet in pursuit. ?Hey, wait! If this means so much to you, why are you storming off?!?

She ignored him.

Kyp caught up with her in the corridor outside. ?What is it that I?m not getting here??

She growled and clenched her fists again. ?I told you to forget it.?

?No. What? Do you want me to fetch Jacen for you or not??

?Don?t bother. I don?t care if they get into trouble. Unlikely anyway...? She was annoyed, she knew it was unprofessional, and she didn?t care.

And Kyp seemed to be enjoying it.

He grinned. ?You?re lying. You do care.?

?Just drop it, Durron! Why do you have to do the opposite of what I say?!?

He laughed at her. ?It wouldn?t be fun otherwise. Come on. Do you want to try your brother?s quarters??

She nodded, surly, and fell in step beside him. He grinned, pleased. She scowled straight back at him.

?How are things between you two?? he probed.

?Why do you care??

?You?re one of my pilots. You?re my responsibility. Besides, who do you think your mother told to babysit him??

?She did what?!?

?She ordered me to watch him. Stop him making mistakes, clean up any mess he makes." Kyp smirked. "Wipe his smelly butt."

?So you were ordered to be his best friend?? She laughed, but it sounded shocked. ?What did he do that you had to clean up??

?Well, if you don?t know what Jacen?s done, that means I?m doing my job, right??

She felt disturbed, glancing around to make s

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    You know, Kyp and Jaina completely reminded me of two love struck teenangers. :p But she kneed him!!! Ouch. Poor guy. Must be painful.
    But, being Kyp and not able to accept defeat, he stood his ground! Yeah, typical Kyp. Way too stubborn.

And yeah, even though I find Jacen to be very creepy, it's intriguing. ^^

Great update.
    =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.