main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Darkest Hour, Brightest Hope"JA1**3/29*END OF BOOK 1 !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Xanatos was willing to risk his life for Obi-Wan [face_shocked]

2. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
  3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The trip to the other side of Telos to Xanatos? home was nothing less than a confused jumbled mess.

Qui-Gon Jinn personally took it upon himself to transport this prisoners to Telos and from there they would go to Coruscant to stand trial. Obi-Wan unnerved by the entire experience, sat on the ship alone unwilling to discuss what happened. His worry for Xanatos had been overpowering until finally the healers announced he would live with no lasting effects.

The loss of blood almost cost Xani his life. Still bandaged and sore he insisted on going home when Jinn took the prisoners. Seems he also developed a mirrored stubbornness about him inherited from his former master, no doubt.

No policing authority would assist Jinn in corralling the three onto the ship. He did it on his own. He vowed that if necessary he would keep his prisoners at the Crion home in the basement until arrangements could be made to go back to Coruscant. The meteorite storm had moved almost totally away and within a couple of days they would be back home.

Qui-Gon sat at the navigational terminal staring at out space.

What should I do with Xani?s father? Xanatos swears he will never testify against him and he speaks the truth. Without proof I really have nothing, although I don?t think the man should go unpunished, I don?t have the strength within me to harm Xanatos especially after he saved my padawan. Come to think of it he has done a great deal for me this trip; More probably than he will ever know. No, I can not expose his father unless he was willing to do it. I?ll wait until he and I can talk once he is home and feeling more comfortable.

He glance over at Xani and watched him grimaced with a twinge of pain.

His thoughts went back to his apprentice still blind and very much under the stress of his ordeal. Qui-Gon remembered back to when he finally was able to give Obi-Wan any kind of personal comfort. When he killed the wolf all his thoughts and actions were directed at the more injured former padawan. Until he was safely at the healers and the word came down that they stopped the bleeding and a transfusion brought new life to him did he even think about the smaller companion sitting alone in the waiting room for the last five hours. By the time Jinn returned to him he was nothing more than a bundle of nerves, fighting unsuccessfully to control his anxieties..

Over Obi-Wan?s unabashed embarrassment, Qui-Gon swept the boy up in his arms and clung tightly to him. It was the first time anything remotely intimate and compassionate between the two had transpired and when it first happened Jinn could feel a little startled fear along a tendril of their bond.
    Obi-Wan had heard so many stories of the rough and gruff master, he had no idea that his master had it in him to show compassion and caring in this manner but if offered Obi-Wan would take it.

It had been years since someone had actually hugged the boy like a parent would their own child. Not since the crèche when he fell and broke his arm, but Obi thought this was so much better. It was the crèche master?s duty to comfort and while it was his master?s also, a great many masters failed to ever show any emotions toward their charges.

However since that day in the waiting room there had been very little connection between the two, mental or physical. His master seemed careful to keep Obi-Wan out of his mind but Obi knew without a doubt Xani swirled in it continually through their bond. Obi-Wan knew one or the other would have to give up their half of the bond for it to start to fade but which one? Right now they both seemed too comfortable to have it broken.

Obi-Wan suspected or hoped that his master only forestalled the severing of the bond so he could assist Xani in his healing trance and controlling his pain. If that should be the case Obi-Wan understood; didn?t like sharing his master but he could understand it.

At the Crion home

Xanatos? father insisted his son go start to bed when they arrived. He was thankful to Jinn for a change

4. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Soo...is Xanatos really a good guy, or not? Maybe I'm being a little slow here :D

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Lazybones Xani is as good as he can get I think.

I mean he wouldn't kill anyone at least not now, but he borders the dark.

You know like a modern day *bad boy*, Jedi.

PEACE ewen

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Well, at least Qui hugged Obi, which is a nice thing. :)

Though I wonder what mischief will happen at the Temple.

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Xani as the modern day bad boy. Interesting...

8. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Delurk...unlurk...??? O nevermind
    UP UP UP UP UP!!!!!! :D 7

9. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    up. want more....feeling faint.... withdrawel is bad ya know. lol

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was the same at the temple as it was anywhere in a small community. Gossip spread quickly through the temple about Xanatos. Some reveled at his return, some regretted it, and some couldn?t wait to see their old friend. The old friends were few but fiercely loyal.

Even Master Yoda was comfortable with the young man?s return. His rescue and sacrifice of his own well being for Obi-Wan convinced the diminutive master it was worth taking another chance with Xanatos Crion. Of course it did not hurt to have been the former apprentice of Qui-Gon Jinn.

As far as Obi-Wan?s blindness was concerned, Master Jinn told him that no news was good news. He would have to wait for several test results to return and the optic nerve to heal more completely before the Healers could tell with certainty if there was a chance for Obi?s sight to return. It was then Jinn decided the boy?s training could wait no longer. He would be taught the use of the saber and his katas as if his blindness was permanent. He felt it was the best way to press on but Obi-Wan had thoughts of his own.

############Two weeks later#########

Qui-Gon glanced up from the data pad he was reading to see his former apprentice return to their apartment. It was his home as well for now. Xanatos was given the sleep couch in the common room of Master Jinn?s apartment. Hopefully a master would soon step forward and volunteer their time to train Xani for one more year. So far nothing had come up.

Nevertheless Master Jinn told his former apprentice several knight and masters were due to come off active mission rotation and there was where his hope lay, with one of them

?Xani what are you doing here? Decide you aren?t healed enough to practice with Obi-Wan and his katas. He and I haven?t been real productive when it comes to working together. I hoped he would open up more to you than me."

?No master I am quite well enough to teach him the fourth kata, but I would need to the student before I start the class wouldn?t you think??

Jinn closed the data pad got up and paced a couple of times back and forth.

?You mean Obi did not show up for his session? I clearly told the boy what time to be there and I made it clear that he was to be prompt for you didn?t have time to play around with him all day.?

?Oh put it kindly to him did you? I swear Master Jinn you are like a bull in a china store. You just wade right in clumsily and not very thoughtfully to say anything that pops in your head.?

?What, was I wrong to tell him to be on time??

?You could have used a little finesse in your words; Not make it sound like he was always late and had to be told every little thing to do.?

?I did not do that Xani. I only wanted him to be on time so as not to tie up your time.?

?MY time!!!! What do I have so pressing to do here while I wait to see if someone with take me as their apprentice. It?s not like I have anything else to do but train your apprentice for you.?

?Was that a sarcastic remark Xani? You are not training him,, you are helping me show him he is capable of working with the saber. That seems to be one of his real problems since returning here, his self confidence in defending himself in a battle or worse yet he fears he could not successfully defend me.?

?Can He? I mean in a battle are you sure he would be capable??

Xani regretted what he said as soon as he said it. Jinn knew the meaning behind his words. Xani thought ** should be at his former master?s side even more so now so that his apprentice could not allow Jinn to be harmed. Xani talked a good story but he was leery for Jinn's safety if he had to do on a mission with only the boy to assist him; even after he learned how to manipulate the saber.

Qui-Gon did not get a chance to question his former apprentice as the door opened and Obi-Wan walked in as if he had done nothing wrong.

"We were just discussing Obi-Wan Did you forget something??

?No, I don?t think so.? Obi-Wan had grown accustomed to not looking at who spoke to him because he couldn?t see t

11. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    YOu know someting..that Xanatos confuses me... sometimes, he can be really nice and other times I just wanna strangle him with a telephone cord.

12. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    I'm glad that someone has their head on straight! At least Xan is trying to help Obi-Wan.

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Lt.Page I think Xani truly wants to be *good* but at times he lets his own jealousies and insecurities get in the way of his straight and narrow walk to Knighthood. I wonder if he succeeds in his quest to be a knight?

Guess we will have to wait and see.

PEACE ewen

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I suppose Xani took the only route that worked with the kid, but it did seem awful harsh

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Obi-Wan Kenobi if you don?t stay right where you are I will never speak to it again. That is my promise to you !!?

The stomping of an upset girl?s more petite foot could be heard by Obi-Wan?s outstanding hearing abilities by way of his blindness. He knew exactly who that stomping *foot* belonged too. His best friend Bant had been trailing him almost the entire length of the long temple hall trying to get Obi-Wan to stop or at least slow down.

She wanted to know all the latest news. The Jinn household had become the circle of gossip, well until Xani left. However she knew Obi knew all the little juicy tidbits of Xanatos? last years of training. A master had been found for him after all.

?What is it Bant? Can? you see I am in a hurry. Even with your eyesight you tend to be more blind than I am.?

?I just wanted to know how things are going. Does Xani get along with his new master??

? First of all Bant, you better not let let Xanatos here you, of all people call him *Xani*. Only his friends like me call him that.?

Everyone wanted to be the friend to the stunningly good-looking young man that had a aura of mystery about him.

?I suppose Xani and his master get along.. I haven?t heard him complain, although I haven?t seen him much lately. I heard Master talking with Padawan Xanatos.?[a little smile crept a crossed Obi?s face as he realized Xanatos was like him a *lowly* padawan again and not a young man of the *free* world.]

?Qui-Gon told Xani that the four of us might be going on a mission. You know to kinda keep me busy until that optic nerve or whatever heals better. Then there is a surgery they can do in an attempt to give me my sight back.?

?I will miss you if you go on a mission but I think it will be fun, especially with that dreamy Padawan Crion with you. You are so lucky.?

?Yeah whatever Bant. Look I have to go. I am late and my master will be upset with me.?

Why do all the girls just swoon over Xani? Must be his dark hair and matching eyes. . I think he looks like a regular guy, myself.

?Yes it might be fun if Xanatos doesn?t get all hyper and think I can?t properly protect my master. However it is not suppose to be dangerous. Master Jinn said not to believe it though. Master Windu said that Master Jinn doesn?t look for trouble, it just follows him.?

######At the door to the Jinn/ Kenobi apartment.############

He could feel his master?s force signature on the other side of the door, not angry just perturbed over his tardiness.

When he walked in he *felt* his master standing there in front of him. Obi imagined he had his arms crossed over his chest andby the noise he hear Qui-Gon repeatedly tapped the foot he didn?t have his full weight on.

?Well? Care to offer up an explanation for your tardiness?

?Bant stopped me in the hall. I told her she was making me late but?....Oh I?m sorry Master. Some times I get sidetracked when I really do mean to be on time.?

If Obi-Wan could have seen his master, he would have seen the smile that spread over his face as Obi-Wan tried to *worm* his way out of trouble.?

?Never mind Padawan. You need to go wash up and then set the table. Xani and his master will be over for last-meal. We will discuss the mission we four are to go on.?

Qui-Gon waited and soon saw what he waited on and wanted too.

Obi-Wan?s face lit up with happiness going on a mission. His eyes no longer carried the dull nothingness in them. Once He adjusted to his blindness Jinn had learned to know how judge the boy?s mood just by his expressive eyes. They had become the tale-tell sign of anger, happiness, or sadness. You just had to be able to decipher his moods through his look and Qui-Gon had accomplished that.

?Now off with you . Our guests will be here in a half an hour.?

########At last-meal###########

Both padawans sat silently through their meal as their masters rattled on and on about their mission. Both seemed excited over the idea of once again working with each other. It had been a long time since the

16. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Yoda is Xani's new master????!!!!

You certainly know how to pull a surprise on us, ewen. I never thought it'd be him!

17. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yoda??? What a twist!

I can't wait for book 2!

18. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002

Me neither. :D Nice work, ewen!

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001