main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Darksaber Holonews: Place for posts not topic specific

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mordus, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I was looking for a section that we can just post information and notifictions that aren't related to a specific topic or event. I didn't find one, so here we go.

As some of you know I have started a new job at Mediacom. Well, I got my schedule on Thursday. I have Saturdays and Wednesdays off and I work from 3 to midnight on the other days.

I will be late for the DVD release unless I can get someone to switch with me.

2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Is Best Buy going to stay open late? If not, we should just have a Halloween party, then migrate over to the supercenter just before midnight to get our copies of the DVD. Then come back and finish the party.

3. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Im not sure about the best buy thing, as far as I know the local 501st is still on (as on as having a vague idea can be) for the release but they are just toying with the idea, nothing set in stone, if nothing happens there then Ill talk to the guys and see if we can do a darksaber/501st walmart...thing lol

4. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    Well, if somebody fro 501st wants to contact me and then maybe we can meet up with the Best Buy or Wal*Mart manager, we can set something up in stone :p I just want to be in the same place.

5. LapsusDeHeaven

Apr 17, 2005
    roger that, Ill see what I can do, Ill talk to the guys today and then let you know, Ill get back in touch soon.

6. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Muchos gracias :)

7. LapsusDeHeaven

Apr 17, 2005
    Okay, I talked to Josh and Brandon and they seem excited about the walmart idea, so if we could arrange a meeting with the manager of the independence walmart and talk to him about the Fanforce and the 501st being there that would be awesome, shouldnt have a problem with the 501st since they've already trooped there but I think its definately worth a look into Nikana.

8. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Excellent, I'll call the management tomorrow and see what kind of information I can get and what we may need to arrange.

9. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    I called Walmart today and, while they have received some promotional materials, nothing has been planned as of yet. The vendor will be in tomorrow and they will be deciding if they are going to make an 'event' of it or not. I left my name and number for them to call me back.

10. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Sweet! I hope they go for it. I am working on a few people at work to change days off with me that day. *crosses fingers*

11. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Rhonda from Walmart called me today. She said they are going to plan something, she's just not sure what. Wanted to let me know they haven't forgot about us and will keep us informed of any developments.

12. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    sounds good... is our next meeting the 29th?

13. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Our meeting is on the 22nd in the Story Hour room.

Some god news and some bad:

Good: I should be getting Tuesdays off

Bad: Not this Tuesday

I will be paying my 15.00 for the Strike Force and hopefully this will be the only Tuesday I miss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.