main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" by Michael Reaves [Del Rey, 2001]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Gandalf the Grey, Mar 1, 2003.

?

"Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" by Michael Reaves [Del Rey, 2001]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

50.0%
  2. 9

23.8%
  3. 8

12.4%
  4. 7

6.9%
  5. 6 (Average)

1.5%
  6. 5 (Average)

2.0%
  7. 4

0.5%
  8. 3

1.0%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1 (Poor)

1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    It's been 2 and a half years since I've read this book, but I gave it a 9.

I liked the writing style of the action sequences. I loved the forshadowing. The ending was pretty good. A nice solid book. Didn't step on any toes or plots.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999

Although this book is a tad predictable, I felt sympathy for Lorn and Darsha, and each time I read it, I keep hoping that they'll escape the relentless Darth Maul. Shadow Hunter is very well written, and its pace doesn't slow down at all, which makes it difficult to put the book down.

3. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    This is one heck of a book. I deeply enjoyed it, and it is very nice to know a little bit of Maul's back-ground. It seems to me that Reaves was the perfect writer for a Maul-book.

I give it a 9/10

4. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I gave it a ten. I really enjoyed reading about Maul's background and his history. It was a pretty cool book to me.

5. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    I havent read all this book yet ...but i only have about 3 more pages...so so far... a 9...not good not bad

6. swqueen759

swqueen759 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeah, ur right HooklineandSinker. I loved the writing style too, i loved how it showed how the Mysterious Darth Maul thinks. I was able to understand him better. I think overall it was a pretty good book.

7. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    10!

This book is so good, it should be made into a movie!

8. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003

A book impossible to put down until you've finished it.

9. Wrath_Mania

Wrath_Mania Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    10, easily the best star wars novel I've read. Really captures the feel of the movies. And Reaves nailed Maul.

And as everyone said, the ending was phenomenal.

10. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Excellent book. Really has the feel of Starwars with plenty of humor,action,romance, etc. Even though you know how its going to end basiclly, its still has some good surprises for ya.

And it was great to see some normal guy get the best of Darth maul, even if it was but for a second or two. ;)

9.5/10

11. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    10. Best Prequel novel I have read.

wolf

12. LukeSkiwalker

LukeSkiwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2004
    Its a Star Wars book right!? 10

13. darthmaul3162

darthmaul3162 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    This book Was very well Done! I say 10/10 Great read. As it was said before they should make it into a movie.

14. DarthMatter

DarthMatter Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2004
    10 for me. This is a great read, and along with reading the Luceno ebook which comes in the TBP, , gives you many reasons to hate Darth Maul before TPM (enriching Obi-Wan's victory). The story of Darsha is touching, and the book gives us a sense of the underbelly of Coruscant's "mean streets".

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    This is one of the greatest SW books I have ever read, thanks to my little buddy .

16. Lump

Lump Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL is the only thing i could do after reading the book, to not be portrayed as insane.

The book is awsome, i couldnt believe darth maul was that much of a kick-@$$ character. I became more angry to the fact he was killed off so easily after reading it.

The was they descibed the crimson sector of corusaunt(sp?) made me want to see it in a movie. the battles.......PRICELESS. This book is a def. for ANY starwars fan. especially those "attuned to the dark-side"

I gave this book a 10/10 rating. the saber battles almost jumped out the book, the hide and go seek of the main character and supporting characters made the book fun as well. i suggest anyone who hasnt read this to go buy it at your earliest convenince.....you will like it!

17. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
  18. blazer

blazer Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2004
    I thought it was a great book which i enjoyed very much

19. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    10! This would have to be one of my all time favourite prequel novels! :)

20. MaskofIce

MaskofIce Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Too sad. Lorn Pavan died.

21. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What was pretty cool was I-5, and he's turned up in another book!

22. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    I didn't really enjoy this book. I suppose it was fun for a while but I don't understand hy al the main carracters had to be killed off. If it weren't for that I may have voted higher tha I did.

23. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Loved this book. I'm pretty much a canon gal but have been looking into the EU more and more. This was a plesant surprise. My only regret is that there arent more books about Darth Maul.

24. TwiLeksGiveMeShox

TwiLeksGiveMeShox Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    10 from me..this book was great. I went into it expecting fluff, and not looking forward to it with a lot of enthusiasm, but once I started I really had trouble stopping. It was so slickly paced, and the characters were great. The insights into Maul's thinking were tremendous, and the gang of heros were entertaining as well. You really want to see them live. The ending was also great. I also really like how this, Saboteur, and the Darth Maul comics all connect. Reeves did a smashing job, and I consider this to be one of my favorite SW books.

25. shaosniper

shaosniper Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    9/10

Nicely written book. Another great setup book to TPM. It gives a good reference back to the Jedi Council and the training. Like some have said already, it covers more of Darth Maul which in TPM he is practically mute and just another random enemy.

Been a while since I read it, havent read much EU lately that hasnt been NJO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.