main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul: the forgotten villain

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by dolphin, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I don't see Darth Maul as a "forgotten" villian, but as an unimportant one. Lord Maul was fast-- fast enough to get the job done, however, he held no real power more than being a drone of Sidious'. He faught with anger, and when you fight with true anger, you'll die. Maul made the best duel in the whole saga, but as a character, he's nowhere as interesting as Lord Vader or Tyrannus.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    He may have killed Jinn, but if he didn't some other sith would've.

Maul himself is not important to the saga.
    What is important is a Sith apprentice.

-Seldon

3. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I don't think having Sideous should mention Maul in ROTS unless it's in passing to describe something else. It would be out of his nature - everyone is a pawn to him, faceless creations that he can move around for his gain. He feels no more care over losing Maul then he does stepping on a bug, especially since less than a day after Maul's destruction, the Jedi served a bright, shiny little Chosen One to him on a silver platter.

I personally have nothing against Darth Maul but I agree with what a previous poster said. He served his purpose. Let's just all be thankful the EU hasn't found a way to bring him back to life.

*hangs head* You haven't heard, have you?

4. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Dooku OWNS Kenobi who Killed Darth Maul. Dooku in rots...WAIT i cannot reveal that but Maul is dissed by his successor :)

5. darkoak

darkoak Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    I havn't forgotten Maul. He is a man with little to say, though if you watch him when he is looking at something,or someone. His eyes says it all. On Dooku, if you remember, he is of the old fighting style. DM, I think he played a big part in Star Wars, cuase even though he appeared, the Jedi, still are relaxed. Maybe not as much, but they are still relaxed.

6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    DM will never be forgotten he is one of my favorites. I still remember the feeling when he ignited the other side of the lightsaber in TPM before the dual. DM was a sith lord, but still only a minion to sidious he was expendable, I agree that sidious would not think twice about the loss of his apprantice, only that he would focus on what may have gone wrong with his training of DM and the begin focusing on who was going to be his next apprentice.

7. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I don't see Maul as a forgotten villian or character, but rather he served his purpose in the story, because he killed Qui-Gon, which led to Anakin becoming Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Secondly, Maul's death was the chain reaction that led to Palpatine having to find another apprentice. If Maul had killed Obi-Wan as well, then Anakin most likely would never have become a Jedi.

Lastly, when I see and hear the title of Episode 3, "Revenge of the Sith", I always think of Maul, because though he had few lines, the most important line he said pointed to events of Episode 3, as if a prophecy.

Maul: "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have our revenge"!

Darth Sin! :cool:

Order66Survivor likes this.
  8. NeimoidianReport

NeimoidianReport Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2004
    I think Darth Maul is remembered well for what he is: a cool design, and nothing more. There is essentially nothing to his character, so he will be remembered in the same fashion TIE Interceptors or X-Wings will be, as cool production designs. Anything beyond that is simply EU or fanfic filling painting over a blank canvas in a person's mind. The general public is going to input their own back story or fairy tales involving Maul, so they will only remember him for his looks, just like any other tool or mechanical contraption in SW.

9. -JediRevan-

-JediRevan- Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    forgotten, are you out of your mind? He is quite possibly the most popular character thus far in the pre trilogy. Dude is talked about all the time.

For the record, Maul is one of my favorite characters in SW. Probly my 2nd favorite after Mace Windu.

Another thing, i dont think GL expected Maul to become so popular. I think that if GL were to remake TPM, maul would have substantially more airtime.

10. lookatitthisway

lookatitthisway Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    he just killed some guy anyone who hasnt read any additional star wars material exccept those 3 movies wouldnt have cared about in the first place . also , those horns .. childish . brilliant character design , short life =boring character . i saw the first of the episodes when i was 10 . i should know what scary is . that is not scary or villanous .

11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I use to post about a 100 things in row about Darth Maul.

12. Khameir_Sarin

Khameir_Sarin Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2004
    Maul is definitely NOT forgotten!!! All of my friends love maul, and I must say that I'm obsessed with ep. I
    The dual between Qui-gon, & Obi-wan vs. Darth Maul has been the best lightsaber battle in the entire SW series. Of course, DM didn't play a very big part in SW, but if he had killed obi-wan, there would be no anakin.

13. PappiePac

PappiePac Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    HEY! Darth OWNS!!! Dooku is an long-faced old man that doesn't look cool. Emp and Maul are the best 2 sith. I don't count Vader cuz he never truly was a sith. he had constant flashbacks whenever an event happened to him when he was young. he had guilt and felt remorse whenever he did something evil. it would show if his face wasn't covered up, which probably symbolizes a truly great man trying to be evil, like the phantom of the opera.

14. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Heck, Darth Maul is my second favorite character out of the prequels after JangoFett.Even though he doesn't say much, I like his style and demenor.

15. JEDIKNIGHT_VILADI

JEDIKNIGHT_VILADI Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    How could Darth Maul possibly be forgotten? He is by far the coolest Sith (other than Vader) with the red and black tattoos to go along with those yellow eyes. His dark side abilities were awesome; he fought two Jedi at once and nearly won.

16. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Maul will always be remembered for his fight with obi and qui-gon, but its a shame that more of his character wasnt revealed because me and most people I talked to really liked him

17. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Maul was one of the few things that made TPM bearable. He rocks! The reason he?s not mentioned or seen in AOTC or ROTS is?um?let?s see?HE?S DEAD!!!

18. humping-ewok2821

humping-ewok2821 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I think that they shouldnt of killed DM. I also think that they should have gave him more of a speaking part

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.