main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Darth Real Life: in which we monitor the most dreaded Sith Lord's attacks upon our precious RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Hammurabi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    The purpose of this thread is to monitor the actions of a certain infamous Sith Lord - specifically, Darth Real Life. His crimes include holding innumerable RPers hostage and in many unfortunate cases ending entire RPing careers.

Hopefully be keeping track of this vicious Sith we can contain his attacks on our way of life. As such, all users are strongly encouraged to report his attacks in this thread so that we may better defend ourselves against this menace.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ok... why this hasn't been made before now i have no clue.

anyways, i'm still recovering from the after effects of a concussion, so i'm still gonna be a bit scarce for the foreseeable future.

*watches fingers not cooperate terribly well, and goes off muttering*

:snoopy

3. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Hammer, if you want to shut this down, go ahead. It's not a necessary thread, though I feel like it'd be helpful to both players and GMs.

Anyways, here's my end: in the past few months I bit off a lot more than I can chew, both on the boards and in real life. But I'm enough of an idiot to try and chew it all, and now it's started to affect me.

Basically I've got way too much going on in my life and too much stress to go along pretending like everything's going along fine. It's gotten to the point where RP - which is basically the only purely recreational activity I have - has started to stress me out, and from here I feel uncomfortably close to a nervous breakdown. Which might even be what I need right now. I don't know.

Anyways, the point is I'm going to be scaling back my involvement here. For my sake, I should probably drop a couple RPs completely. I hate doing it, and I'm not even sure how, but if you GM any of my games, don't be surprised to see a PM from me in the next few days discussing how we can work this out, maybe string my character along for a little bit. I'm basically one month away from summer, at which point I can count on having a little more free time. Until then, I'm getting by one moment at a time, and my apologies to those who expect more of me. Frankly, I expect more of myself.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    For my part, Hammur, I think this is an eminently suitable subject for the RPR. And I think if we regarded it as less than legit, we would've shut it down right away.

Go, get some rest, get your head straight. And come back. :)

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    each day I feel more and more in the same boat as Hamm...

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    This is an excellent thread idea and we should have done this ages ago. :D

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I´ll be under heavy assault of the dreaded Darth RealLife in the next few days. Actually it will make my updating more of trial than fun. But I´ll try to. For now I stay optimistic . . . and I am fully aware that´s not smart.

Then again AFAS is closed (:p) and even if any kind of new AFAs comes up, I´ll simply resist of rejoining it.;)

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    If AFAS hadn't died, I would be in the same boat as you, Hamm.

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Darth RL's got me in his clutches over the next couple of days. I anticipate being back sometime on Sunday my time, with an option to poke my head in on patrol on and off in the meantime, but people probably shouldn't expect IC postings from me for the next 48 hours or so. :)

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Aaaaaand, it undied, so I'm back in that boat.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    While Darth RL was handing you your butts, his understudy, Tech Problem Boy, was affecting me on Wednesday, pushing my planned roleplaying schedule back, so apologies to those waiting on me.

Nice idea for a thread! Certainly relevant to us all!

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hey all! Long time no see for a lot of you.

So, DRL...that guy has had me for quite some time now. With school (especially this quarter since I am taking more classes than normal), friends and family stuff going on, I just haven't had time to do anything on the boards, making me leave a bunch of my favorite activities, including RPing. I am hoping to get back on the bandwagon of RPing soon...but I don't know if I will have the time. :(

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I've mentioned this to some of you guys already, but for the record: I'm currently studying Mandarin and my course involves 30 hours of class a week and a comparable amount of homework. I'm not doing badly so far, but if I'm slow to respond to tags for the next 11 weeks, that's why ...

14. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I might be away for over a year, soon. That´s more or less gone for good, isn´t it?
    Today I got my letter that I´ll probably be send to Afganisthan soon. As much as I am proud to be chosen, I am also sad, as many of my characters just began to feel right to me. I hope I can at least finish one game before I need to go. [face_worried]

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    we'll be sorry to see you go draco, and will definitely be looking forward to your return.

:snoopy

16. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Yeah, me too. I have grown pretty fond of playing here. Much more than my first time around. But it is still a few month. So I´ll hopefully wrap my storylines. And who knows . . . perhaps german parlament won´t let me go, anyway ;)

But I thought it is good to let people know of this major attack of Darth Reallife on the Sir_Draco System.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Aww... we'll miss you Draco. Stay safe.[:D]

18. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You´ll leave in June, isn´t it? That leaves you two more month to enjoy this board.

I am very proud of my brother Draco. For the protocol. I´ll tell him a few hundred times, before he leaves, anyway. :D

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Yes. Can´t give you a date (for obvious reasons), but everyone involved with my characters, should wrap things up until middle of June. If there is any development, I´ll tell you guys.

20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    It grabbed me a couple months ago, and I've yet been able to relinquish it's stranglehold!

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Two tests and two essays this week. "Sporadic" won't begin to cover my posting for a few days.:mad:

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    So Easter is almost upon us, and as such I'm at home. Therefore my posting speed will be considerably down between tomorrow (9 April) and Easter Tuesday. I'll still be checking in on patrol, but people probably shouldn't expect extensive or more likely any updates from me for the next few days.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    By a few days I apparently meant a good stretch of time.:_|

24. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Advice on DRL: Let your GMs know you are going to be gone a couple of days. Relax and kick back. There is no reason to be on the boards everyday. Check the boards when you feel like it and if you have been tagged, respond to it immediately, or make a mental note of it, get off and go do something else.

I'm not on tf.n alot, anymore. I write when I feel like it and when I don't, I don't. I check the boards as much as I do now because I'm running a game and because I actually have the game. I am in ALOT of RPs, but I only devote as much time into it as I'm getting back. If you are enjoying a game, stay in it, if you are not, then drop out. If RPing is stressing you out, which I have had before, you need to take a step back, drop out of a couple of games, get your head right, and then only join games you think will be fun.

RPing is fun, don't make it not fun.

-B-

25. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    From my failure to do so . . . if DR attacks, get on the board, tell people and then leave and get rid of him. People care about it. Not only because hteir games die without you, but because they worry if the guy they exchange bits of fantasy with everyday suddenly seems to vanish.

And bluey is right about dropping games. When they are no fun anymore . . . wait . . . and if nothing happens . . . leave. Tell them. Make a last post if needed . . . but don´t burden yourself with games you consider duty. Not even as a GM.