main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Darth Vaders Origins?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by new2SW, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a belief and not a sourced fact. I understand.

It is a fact that Ep 1 to 3 are merely GL's versions. It is also a fact that other versions based on GL's principal footage already exist. it is my opinion that those versions are superior. It is my hope that somebody shoots alternative principal footage at some point.

2. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    GL's versions are the official versions and for me they always will be. Let's just hope the sequel trilogy makes both of us happy for now and then see what Disney/Lucasfilm do in the future.

3. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    GL's versions are the official versions unless someone at LFL makes a decisions with which you disagree? I ask because it seems like if the inevitable happens, and they start the remakes, your phrase, ",,,for me..." seems to indicate that you would not accept them as the official versions.

4. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I probably wouldn't because I love the prequels. If the prequels ever do get remade so would the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy, not just the prequels themselves. It's not just my belief, it's a high improbability if not impossibility. There isn't nearly a large enough demand for the prequels to be remade, and Disney/Lucasfilm already have their hand full with future Star Wars projects. Like it or not, the prequels are most likely here to stay.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    I guess we can only hope that your beliefs, which are not congruent with how the movie business seems to work, are without merit.

6. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    What do you mean "we"? I certainly hope my beliefs are correct, but I understand why you don't want them to be correct. Let's just leave it at that.

7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    OP can't be serious..... Go watch the Star Wars Christmas Special

8. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Lucas' version is the real thing. Anything else is just fanfiction. You might as well wait for somebody to make some yaoi version where Anakin hooks up with Yoda, or something.

9. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Lucas' version is the real thing until the LFL sanctioned remake. :D Anything else until then is a fanedit. Rule 34 dictates that Anakin and Yoda are already violating each other somewhere as we speak.

10. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    It's called making love.

11. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    If what you care about is corporate sanction over artistic integrity, sure. In that case, I'd say you're more likely to see the extended adventures of Darth Goofy than remakes.

12. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a hard time imagining anyone having a discussion about the artistic merits of Jar Jar Binks without their tongue being planted firmly in their cheek.

I thought that once the remakes were done, the haters would have nothing to complain about, but I guess we will just see a paradigm shift. The new haters will be the fans of the original prequel trilogy...

13. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Re: Jar Jar-- Been done, sans tongue in cheek. Besides, same argument can be made about any other similar kind of children's comedy relief character. You can either embrace them, or ignore them-- not everybody who discusses ESB or ROTJ gets bogged down by Threepio or Ewoks. Same with Jar Jar. Hell, I'm an "Evangelion" fan, but you won't find me devoting any thought to Pen Pen, half the time.

As for paradigm shifts-- more like the new haters will be fans of the original saga, because if they remake anything, you know they'll do all six movies.

14. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel like people that are fans of both trilogies are a smaller group than any group of fans of either one independently. It is probably true that all 6 movies will need remade in order to get the tone to be even throughout the Saga. Plus, Gungans, Ewoks, Poop, etc. Someone will eventually come along with a better script. Enough time will have passed, the money will be there...

15. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    If the original cast come back for th ST then it wouldn't make sense for them to remake the OT. If they don't remake the OT, they won't be remaking the PT either, which I'm entirely fine with. They should focus entirely on the ST, but we all know they're also working on side movies as well.

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Common sense.

Remaking the PT would be utterly pointless and disrespectful to the original creator. Disney will continue to make Star Wars movies, but remakes of the PT and the OT is simply a no go.

17. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    So, no source?

18. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Honestly, why would you need an official source? I mean it is common sense, why would Disney waste their times remaking the PT and on top of that do you really think Lucas would have sold his company if he didn't get confirmation that they wouldn't touch his movies.

Darth Chiznuk and Thoix Heoro like this.
  19. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    There is a source, but I don't seem to have the link right now. You should go find it.

20. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    So are you a party to the agreement or can you can provide a link to the agreement or to a report about the agreement that confirms your claim? I ask, because you seem to have first hand knowledge.

21. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Okay, this has officially gone off the rails from what began as an already questionable OP to a case of "will they or won't they" on remaking the saga, which I'm sure there's threads for already. Can we please request a lock?

22. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I second that notion.

23. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Look at Lucas history, why would someone who has spent the last 10-15 years editing his movies to fit his "vision" then sell it and then allow the company to remake his movies. It makes little sense giving what we know about Lucas, and Disney's obvious respect for Lucas and Star Wars, on top of that it makes little sense financially to remake them.

This simply reeks of wishful thinking from a fanboy.

24. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, I see your point. Nobody would go see them, it makes little sense that putting out a Star Wars movie would make money. I believe that you are also correct when you say that LFL has too much integrity to alter Star Wars movies...

25. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    No need to be sarcastic.

People would go see it since it is Star Wars, but why waste money doing that when there are better projects? Spinoffs, TV shows, potentially episodes 10-12 etc. Those potential future projects could bring in new fans(which the PT did......) and are fresh ideas.

And LFL never did alter Star Wars films, George did and he isn't there anymore. The Blu Rays is likely the last alter edition of the PT/OT trilogy we will ever see since George has retired and the company he started has respect for his work and won't touch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.