main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Darth_Arsnl 's Artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_ArsnL, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmdr_Axis

Cmdr_Axis Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Hey old friend, like the artwork you've posted lately, has a nice feel to it.
    Hope you continue to post!

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow, that's so cool. This is a bizarre comparison, but that really reminds me of old Japanese art, where masters would do very stark compositions on rice paper with coloured ink washes. The blue-toned water is very free-flowing, and sort of cocooning Kit... it's very reminiscent of that style.

I like it! It's very unusual and I'd like to see more stuff done this way.

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey ArsnL, great WIP pictures. I especially enjoyed this one:

WIP

The shape of his torso is very strong and the overall desgin looks quite futuristic. Really cool. :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ArsnL, I really like your Kit Fisto drawing. The figure itself is very simple but the water wrapping around him gives the whole composition some movement. The way you drew and colored the water is awesome - definitely a high point in this piece. :)

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, I totally missed the Kit Fisto pic. [face_blush]
    I love the water swirling around him. Water can be very hard to draw, but you captured it nicely. There's a lot of movement and 'splash' going on. Good work!

6. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Thank you, means a lot that you came here to see my stuff. :)

Thanks for the feedback wicktone. I own a japanese art set with the traditional red and black ink, and I'm now thinking maybe I should use it, and that rice paper affect- is just poor scanner light. lol

I'm glad that my effort is evident. Thanks for the feedback Obi-Dawn.

Thanks, comeing from you it means alot. Now that you mentioned how it gives compostion some movement, it makes me want to try it with fire and anakin or something. lol

Thank you all for the feedback if anyone has any ideas as to what I should draw next let me know!

-Arsnl

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    OMG!! I love your Kit Fisto piece!! The way you've posed him, with intense tension (from channeling the Force to manipulate all that water, I'm assuming!) in his body and his face is just wonderful--and the water swirling around him, suspended in mid-air, is a beautiful compositional effect! I love the coloring, too--I love the whole thing! Wonderful piece, D_A!!

I like the clone trooper "process pictures," too--again, very nice poses for the figures, and nice coloring as well. And I really like the "Skywalker Family" composite you did with DotF's pieces--again, a good composition.

Your skills are really developing, D_A--it's wonderful to see! Keep up the great work!

FF

8. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thanks FF! THe feedback is always very much aprecciated. I'm glad that DOTF was ok with me messing with her art a little, and now she can show off how well she draws the skywalker family! ;)

9. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I absolutely love the Kit Fisto. It definetly reminds me of an older piece of Art. It gives off that air of sophisitcation that comes wiht works like that done by Da Vinci and Michealangelo.

and I totally agree with who ever said it remonded them of the old japanese Art...

10. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thank you!

11. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Heres a quick sketch, I could definetly improve it, a lot, but I like concept art- Let me know what you guys think. :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=2ffa&.dnm=1f63.jpg&.src=ph

-Arsnl

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey ArsnL--good rendering of a trooper, and a good feeling of movement--it's a bit hard to tell exactly which way he's falling, tho. From the cape, I would say he's falling backward--if his arms were farther in front of him, trailing the movement of the fall, it might be a bit stronger image. Good figure proportions and nice detailing on the armor, tho--very well done for a quick sketch! I commend your efforts with figure drawing--I've always shied away from it, because it's hard--you're really working hard at it, though, and you're definitely getting results! Good job!

FF

13. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I like the trooper quite a bit. It's kind of an unusual pose, which is great. It looks like he's hanging onto a zip line. Awesome detail on the helmet.

My only crit would be on the cape. It looks great, but it seems to be attached to the back of his waist (if that's the case, then just ignore this). If it were attached near his neck, the air would be billowing it up around there, as well.

You're really showing improvement lately, ArsnL! Keep it up.

14. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    no the cape is from his waist, I think maybe I should stick a cape- belt thingy in there...when I get around to it... Thank you both for the feedback, always makes you feel good to hear encouragement! Oh and thanks for the pointers- I'm always trying to use them.

-Arsnl

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Very nice. :) Good pose, well drwa armor. :) My only complaint would be that the legs look too skinny. I do that all the time, myself :p

16. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Maybe the gases from my scuba classes finally got to me...but I've been doing a lot of disproportional stuff lately...And its becomeing rather annoying to keep trying to fix stuff like the legs.

17. Trooper13069

Trooper13069 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Wow haven't been here in a while, I see you've been busy Arsnl. Wow I really like your work in progress pieces, especially the kit fisto, and the w.i.p trooper has a cool thing going on with his suit, I'm guessing, but it would be used in hand to lightsaber combat right? like Grievous's guards?

Trooper*

18. Cmdr_Axis

Cmdr_Axis Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Yea well, we wouldn't exactly be old pals if I didn't come around to see you now then, am I right? Nice additions by the way, I'm really lovin the kit fisto piece. Keep it up.

19. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thanks for comeing back, its always nice to hear from friends now and then Axis. So how goes you're painting lately- still working in Gran Caymen?

20. Cmdr_Axis

Cmdr_Axis Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Actually no, I came back home, give me a ring sometime won't ya ?

21. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Well that is what you asked me when we were dating, so maybe I will, and bring some of your artwork this time, instead of just you and what seemed like 5 gallons of cologne you brought with you. lol :p

22. Cmdr_Axis

Cmdr_Axis Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Oh haha very funny, as seemed to remember you said you liked that scent. and yea I'll bring my artwork with me, it was an honest mistake last time.
    g2g for now, i'll be back to check out your new work. :)

23. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Yea I liked that cologne - in small doses.:p
    c ya round

24. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Updated my stuff, and a *bump*

25. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    The Wolverine is awesome! Like 90% of the world, he's my favorite character so I always enjoy seeing fanart of him.

Terrific job on the Joker/Batman piece, too. Is that marker or coloured pencil? Either way, you got the colour to lay down really smoothly.

It seems like you're trying a lot of different art styles lately. It's great to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.