main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Darth_Numanus - things that ive done *Update*19-08-2005 *AotC DVD Cover*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Numanus, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    *Bump* DVD covers added. i posted these in the RotS board so i thought i'd updat my Fanart page to incorperate them.

-num

2. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    :eek: Wow! That is some awesome art, Darth_Numanus! I especially like your take on the ESB DVD cover! :)

3. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I second that... :eek: I really like the RotJ cover. The ESB one is great, as well.
    Overall the RotS one is ok, but the two sabers of Anakin and Obi-Wan look weird... maybe remove them completely and create new ones ;)

4. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Great job! I especially like the RotS Poster you made that someone took for the JC banner. Maybe you should redo all of the DVD covers and make them how you want them. With no limits on characters and form, you could make great covers.

5. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    really cool. I wish ur dvd covers were the real ones. the 5and6 are amazing. and I hate the ep3 one. urs is great though. keep it up my friend

6. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    thanks every one! im thinkin about tinkering with the AotC cover next. Not because i dont like it - just for fun really. i want it to reflect anakin and padme's "relationship" more.

-num

7. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    The CT Forum is asking for people to make banners that could suit the forum. You should check it out. ;)

8. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    i hate to sound thick.... but whats the CT Forum?...[face_blush]

-num

9. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    The Star Wars Classic Trilogy Forum. See the first post on the first page. It is asking for people to make banners.

10. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    aaah ok thx!

-num

11. AnakinSkywalker61290

AnakinSkywalker61290 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    dude those are amazing! you done a awesome job on them. Your covers are the best custom covers I have ever seen. I wish your covers were the official covers. anyways you gotta make a ATTACK OF THE CLONES Cover. Keep it easy dude and keep up the rad work!!!!

-AnakinSkywalker61290

12. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    :D thx bud!

-num

13. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    num, all these artworks are really amazing. =D=
    I especially love the one that was used for the main banner ( btw I would take it as a honor if I were you, it's a beautiful proof that your work is indeed much appreciated ;) ) and also the DVD cover for Revenge of the Sith (the one with the duel).=D=

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    The last three pieces are excellent, Darth_Numanus! I especially like the ESB version--very, very nice! Excellent use of the Vader image there--very dominating, but without "arresting" the eye as it moves around the composition! You really have a talent for this! You're taking part in the banner contest, right? [face_praying] ;)

FF

15. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
  16. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    aurelia, my sweet! thank you for your words. yes deep down i am flattred that someone used my poster for the main banner! everyone who signes into the TF.N boards sees it.[face_blush]

Falconfan, you've always got nice things to say so im glad you like my stuff. yes im working on a banner, but im not sure if im going to post it just yet becase im not entirely sure where everyone stands about what images can be used; whether or not we have to restrict our selves to just the mominated pieces (as i have done) or if we are allowed to use what ever images we wish.

in the banner making thread Gabe has just posted a banner which only uses about 3 of the nominated pieces...so im going to wait and see if anyone cires "outrage" at him before i submit my final banner.

DarthQuellonis, thankyou for your short but sweet comment!:p

-num

17. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Your covers are looking very slick! I think the ROTJ one is my favorite (great composition there!), but the other two tie for a close second. You choose great pictures for these and arrange them very professionally. Skillful work!

18. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    woah Wicktone! thats so nice of you to say! you have no idea how long ive spent looking at your artworks - they truely are amazing - i simply love the Vader and his Prophets one!
    :)
    -num

19. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    I like the ESB one. I think you're throwing a fit over the mods using parts of your Episode III poster though. They're just pictures man, it's not like you created them with your bare hands.

20. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    im not throwing a fit - thats a bit extream. all my comments reguarding my poster being used for the main banner are supposed to be taken with sarcasm. as ive said before im actually chuffed that elements of my poster have been used for the main banner.

They're just pictures man, it's not like you created them with your bare hands.
    your right i did not create them. as in i did not go and take the photos myself. i only chose them, cropped them, arranged them, colour matched them and blended them to create a poster...

but anyway your opinion is your own
    peace
    -num

21. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Hay darth-num, I took ur cover and I added a back to it. since they havnt made a back yet, I used the back that I made.
    heres my back with darth-nums cover
    [image=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/346/darthnumdvd7ml.jpg]
    heres my back with the original cover
    [image=http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7857/rotsdvd9sq.jpg]
    and here was my first one with my back
    [image=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/389/ep3dvd8br.jpg]

notice how they are classed from best to worst, best at top, worst at bottom, (thats a compliment to darth num)

22. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    hey faran, thanks for the backcover it looks good - i like the way you've stuck to the conventions of the other back covers. good job!

-num

ps dont put yourself down! i think your cover shows alot of promise. :)

23. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    *bump*

added a new poster to front page.

The Phantom Menace in the style of Revenge of the Jedi. now i'll be the first to say that this is not one of the most original pieces of work that ive done but i spent way too long on it to not show it off. its strange, because when i thought of doing this, i thought it'd be easy and that i'd pull it off in about 1hr....

[face_laugh] i was very wrong this tok me 2 hrs!

hope you like

[image=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1957/tpm8sb.jpg]

-num

24. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Quite awesome! The splattered paint effect has a great graphic quality... almost like a postage stamp. Plus it sort of gives the whole image a chaotic, threatening look which is very appropriate for something featuring Maul.

I especially like how you changed the colour of the splatters to match what they're near; around Maul they're red, and around the inset image they're white and blue. Great touch!

25. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I really like that TPM poster is excellent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.