main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~ Dear Diary Challenge 2009 ~ Challenge Finished: WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    2) Diary Challenge 2010: Yes, yes, I'll do it. No need to talk me into it any further. I'm looking at you Ce.

[face_mischief] And I'm already itching to start the Diary for 2010. I can't wait! :D

My protagonist changes greatly. Oh no wait...I've mixed this up with the last Diary. *sighs* Well, she changed from the quiet mouse to a woman who needs to fight for the man she loves. So yeah, she changed.

This character now? Eh...not so much. Well, not yet anyway. She'll have to change. I mean being thrust into the Star Wars world like that has to leave an impression somewhere along the line.

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Yay!!! Diary Challenge 2010....

Do we have to do the thing where we say before the beginning of the year we're going to participate again? or just slap it in the title and pm you at the first of the year or what?

Or am I just blind and didn't see the thread for it?

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I will get to work on it on Tuesday.
    Right now I'm in the middle of exams and can't even think about the competiton.
    But come Tuesday, it will be over and I shall be back.

In general, to participate, all you have to do is pm the sock when you start and then when you update.
    Though it is allowed to link to the first post of each diary once! in the new thread.:)

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have no idea what to do for next year's Diary. :_|

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I'm going to finish this year out, and then never do the diary challenge again... Honestly, it's not as easy as it sounds.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    2 new diary.

Two diarists will continue:)

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Feel free to completment Kanshi's diary from this year with Yani's, moose.:p

I really hope not to be inspired to write another diary this time. I have a story in a similar stye I'd rather write...

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Maybe. I'm tempted to do something a bit more 'bad guy' next year. I think I'll need to play around with my 3D art program and see if I can come up with a character.

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I've already got the idea and I it sprouted from my deaf culture project.

There is a sculpture by Betty Miller, a deaf artist... It was the inspiration cause I never thought that as an interpreter I had something common with a familiar Star Wars character... It was a major DUH moment... but, it's kind of cool...

Looking forward to it...

10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I won't be writing a diary for 2010, but that might be because I'll still be working on the diary for 2009. I hope to have it all finished by 2011, preferably well before, and *then* I'll never do the diary challenge again. (I've learned several things: the character might write one entry at a time, but I should have written ahead. Way ahead. And I shouldn't knock outlines until after I've tried one.)

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm excited for the next one (though thanks to me forgetting to post the entries every week, my current one will run long) but I haev no idea what I'm going to do 8-}

12. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I think I might try again in 2010. Many, many stories in my head still waiting to be told. I hope that soon, one will speak to me and turn into a diary form.

13. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I plan to write one for 2010, it will be my first one for the challenge. My only delyma is what to write. I've been thinking of ideas, but am not sure which I'll go with yet.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a fantastic idea for next year! I can't wait to start on it, but I need to wrap up this year's one and wait for the 1st. :(

15. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Definitely going to do this again, though I think I'll go for one this time instead of two. Though if I get more creative, two is still my limit.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well it's hard to belive that nearly a year's gone by - and at nearly 62 thousand words, I can safely say that is the largest thing I've ever written. To me it's also been one of the richest, as the character goes from the innocence of childhood, through the turbulence of teen years and into adult hood...

I'm saving most of my thoughts for the final post (which will go up by year's end) but I must say this has been an incredible experience...

17. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I finished posting on mine today. Proof that I can stick with a project long term. It wasn't very lengthy in words, it came to be 12,885 total but I've really enjoyed getting to know my character more and I at first didn't want to do one for next year, since I did one this year, but I have ideas that would fit.

I may try to go for two next year to see if I can manage it since I did so well on this one.

18. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I'm planning my diary for next year. Constant rewrites and such.
    But I'm hoping to complete my fanfic. Usually my bunnies have run away after I post the first chapter. The diary is of a preteen named Kira Skywalker and rest is for next year.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just posted the final entry for mine. I'm kinda working on the one for next year, but not really. I'd being doing 3D art stuffs for it but I'm staying at my parents and don't have my art stuffs with me. It's been an interesting year though. It's just a shame I couldn't get all the mini challenges in.

20. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, I will then not kick you out, moose.
    This time.[face_shame_on_you]

The thread for next year is up. Voting for this Challenge will start on the first, so everybody has the chance to finish before the voting starts.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Done, done and DONE!

Now to play catch up...

22. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I made it! And I don't think I'm going to do this ever again. [face_not_talking]

23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Also now done... page count was something like 45. (I'm not doing a word count. Just a page count.)

Don't know if I'll do it again, but it was fun. :)

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Finished mine too.
    And, as always, I plan not to do it next year.[face_laugh]
    I wonder how well that will work...

25. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    The Challenge is over!
    Congratulations for everybody who made it so far. You're all winners! [:D]

Now it is time to vote for the best diary of the challenge.
    Everybody can vote!
    And all Diaries that are not listed as 'dead' can be voted for. They don't have to be completed!

Send yout votes to the sock, and please have 'vote' in the subject line.
    Voting will be open until the 14th of January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.